How Thunderbird can look like

INpac

Hi guys.

I wanted to give a summary for those who are new in the osx emulation sector.

This is a screen of my current thunderbird:

thunderbird_small.PNG

(click to enlarge)

This what I'm using:

- Tiger Mail 2.0 Theme by toyo-snow

- Move Search Items Extension to move the search bar into the toolbar

- TitleBar Extension to set the window's name to "Apple Mail"

- AccountBar Extension by INpac, me ;). This ext adds a small bar under the sidebar like Apple Mail 2: two buttons, one to create a new account and one to edit the options of the current opened account. Please read the readMe for the right installation.

- I'm also using a modded start.xhtml that is shown up when tb starts. You can find this file, the files that describe the name of Thunderbird (changed to "Apple Mail" in my case), the credits image and so on in messenger.jar in your "mozilla thunderbirdchrome" dir

- To set a background image for the splitter that devides the mail and the mail list, use userCrhome.css and add these lines:

/* Use a image for the splitter */
#threadpane-splitter {
background-image: url("splitter.bmp") !important;
background-color: none !important;
}

Download the splitter graphic here: http://www.inpacshp.de/trash/splitter.bmp

Here is what you gotta do (ReadMe.txt)

- Install the Extension AccountBar (eg. via Drag'n'Drop into the extension window

in tools>extensions)

- After that open userChrome.css and add the following lines

#AppleMailBar {

background-image: url("threebuttonsbg.bmp") !important;

height: 23px;

}

Be sure that you have pasted the "threebuttonsbg.bmp" into the same directory like userCrhome.css

( C:Documents and Settings[username]Application Data[Mozilla ]ThunderbirdProfilesdefault[---]chromeuserChome.css if there's no userChrome.css, create one... )

- In order to resize the search field after installing the 'Move Search Items' ext., put those lines into userChrome.css:

#search-container, #searchbar { -moz-box-flex: 200 !important; }

#searchBox {

width: 250px !important;

}

For any comments or suggestions, contact me: inpac@arcor.de, www.inpacshp.de

Hope there's a use of this here :)

thanks for the modders that make osx emulation so nice and easy

INpac

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You didn't list the compact menu installation though. I don't know how the compact menu installation listed on the Tiger mail 2.0 thread would work with this though because that also uses the search box to access the menus. Can you acces the program menus on your mod? Also, the search extension isn't compatible with TB 1.5 or can it work by modifying the install manifest?

Thanks

for the search extension, change the maxversion in the install.rdf to 1.5, in simple terms.

In detailed terms, rename the file so it has a .zip extension, open it with winrar, extract the install.rdf, open it in wordpad, change line 28 to

<em:maxVersion>1.5</em:maxVersion>

save it, rename it back to rdf and drag and drop back into the orignal zip. Finally rename to xpi.

There you go ;)

P.S. There's more to be done to remove the view and resize the searchbar, but i'll leave that up to INpac, since i'm lazy.

P.P.S. For all you DOM and CSS pros, anyone know how to change the Write label to New?

also how did you remove the sorting options when adding the searchbar to the toolbar?

Well, you can access the preferences of the move search items extension by goging to the extension window and doble blick the list entry, there you can choose to hide the sorting options combo box :)

compact menu is in tiger mail 2.0 included, I think so, if it isn't try seraching google ;)

I modded the compact menu image in tiger mail so that you can't see it :) it's much nicer than two search bars next to each other ;)

But does the Move Search Items extension actually work for you? Do you use Thunderbird 1.5? I now don't have ANY search bar lol. It is completely gone no matter what I do. :-/

well, you have to drag and drop the "searchbox" from the customize-window onto the toolbar

I can't use the searchbar because it's too small :)

well, you have to drag and drop the "searchbox" from the customize-window onto the toolbar

I can't use the searchbar because it's too small :)

*cough* I already did that and it disappeared. No searchbox thingie in customize window and no search bar in tool bar. Sometimes the searchbar thingie reappears inside the tool bar there the search bar should be, but that's all lol. I suspect that there are some incompatibilities between the extension and TB 1.5 because the same problem is state in the comments at mozilla.org.

//edit

ok, I just discovered that the searchbar reappears as soon as I select a mail in my inbox.

for the search extension, change the maxversion in the install.rdf to 1.5, in simple terms.

In detailed terms, rename the file so it has a .zip extension, open it with winrar, extract the install.rdf, open it in wordpad, change line 28 to

<em:maxVersion>1.5</em:maxVersion>

save it, rename it back to rdf and drag and drop back into the orignal zip. Finally rename to xpi.

There you go ;)

P.S. There's more to be done to remove the view and resize the searchbar, but i'll leave that up to INpac, since i'm lazy.

P.P.S. For all you DOM and CSS pros, anyone know how to change the Write label to New?

hi j2227.

maybe you want to share the modified extension. i would appreciate your generosity :)

hab ich doch alles in der readme beschrieben wie das geht ;)

please read the readme - I wrote it down in order to prevent those quests ;) :

put these lines into userChrome.css:

#searchBox {
}

Well, messenger.jar: it's the german version: I replaced the images with the german Apple Mail pictues but if that doesn't matter for you ... :)

messenger.jar for Program FilesMozilla Thunderbirdchrome

edit: btw, does my extension work actually? :D didn't tested it on other systems.

/* Use a image for the splitter */
#threadpane-splitter {
background-image: url("splitter.bmp") !important;
} :

put these lines into userChrome.css:

#searchBox {
}

Well, messenger.jar: it's the german version: I replaced the images with the german Apple Mail pictues but if that doesn't matter for you ... :)

messenger.jar for Program FilesMozilla Thunderbirdchrome

ops, sorry...

aber das ist doch nicht der gleiche code, den du oben geschrieben hast... zumindest sieht der doch etwas anders aus

for non germans...

it is not the same code, isn't it?

and where do i find "userChrome.css"?