[Release] MacClock by Landvermesser

So, it's in German? Why not pick up some locale functions from WinAPI? And - you'll be laughing - as I was shaving today, I thought to make a GNOME-like clock (it seems to be quite like on Mac - and it is something I can touch and click right now). For Windows, of course. But the only problem is how to make it on the right of systray.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

First of all, nice app man. It's these small apps that bring people closer to an OSx dream. But I have a small problem. I disabled the option to announce the time in Preferences, but still the time is announced in the Sam voice. I tried to delete the VBS script-file as last option, but then get a windows error, that it cannot find the VBS script. Also tried to tweak the ini-file, but no matter what I do, the time is still announced. The app works great besides that, it's just that I don't like the voice! What can I tweak more to make it stop? Thnx in advance!

I have a problem after using this clock and switching back to windows clock. My clock area is now 2x wider than before. I deleted the app folder. Is there a reg key I could edit to get back the default clock area width? Any help would be appreciated. (for now I use LClock to get a normal width clock, but when I close LClock the width goes back to 2x problem caused by MacClock) Thanks.

I have a problem after using this clock and switching back to windows clock. My clock area is now 2x wider than before. I deleted the app folder. Is there a reg key I could edit to get back the default clock area width? Any help would be appreciated. (for now I use LClock to get a normal width clock, but when I close LClock the width goes back to 2x problem caused by MacClock) Thanks.

You have vainly removed a folder of the program - there were a reg-file which helps to return width of clock back at crash of the Explorer or the MacClock. Now open the Windows Control panel, find the language settings, on the first tab press the button "Additional", then open the tab "Time" and find something like ' 'H:mm' '. Set in this field simply h:mm and press Apply and OK.

Or you can edit in the Windows registry HKEY_CURRENT_USERControl PanelInternational sTimeFormat and set it h:mm

• 1 month later...

The version 1.2 is ready to download.

Now with two speech engines, more customizable, more stable.

See new MacClock.ini for some detail info.

Please note, that you must have the Microsoft's file sapi.cpl in System32dllcache folder to see enabled announces settings in preferences window. If it is disabled -- the Microsoft's Speech API probably not installed. Run MacClock_sapi.cpl and press play. If you hear the Sam voice, try to find the file sapi.cpl and place it in system32dllcache folder.

------

Edit: A little bug named "Hour+1" is fixed. Please download the release again. Sorry.

• 6 months later...