flyakite

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What should I say....

Works perfect - again!

Also, its not a bug but more like a missing feature:

I'm just wondering about those two mods. Are they going to be released seperatly from V3.5?

v2.0%20Toolbars.jpg

v2.0%20Dialogs.jpg

Awesome, Flyakiteosx v3.5 work perfectly on my pc.

But I'm wondering that is there any way to change the IE toolbars and log off dialogs back to previous flyakiteosx 2.0 version?

okay...just another post here, but...

i gotta tell you, chris: besides fak being an amazing program overall, your installer has become a thing of beauty. easily one of the best and most well thought-out installers around. congrats on another great release.

and this is not in my head: my pc is running much faster with 3.5 installed. my y'z dock has no more lag and my explorer windows open much faster. don't know if that's cleaner coding on your part. but, whatever it is, thx!

looking forward to v4 and v5 and v6...

Ok, I ran into a MAJOR problem when attempting to uninstall flyakite v3.0.

The uninstaller completed sucessfully, but when I rebooted, Explorer.exe could not run because Normaliz.dll was not found.

As a result, I have no taskbar, am unable to open anything other than the task manager (and only core window, all dialogs will not open because iertutil.dll was not found.

I am not sure if I am missing anything else, as I cannot open anything else to check.

Currently I am on my other computer, and I REALLY need help resolving this issue. I really don't want to have to reinstall XP, and if I do have to, I don't know how to go about it. I did get backup CD's of XP and everything, but am not sure how to use them, and again I would really prefer not losing everything on my system. :(

Help would be very much appreciated.

I Just Love Flyakite 3.0...I just completed downloading 3.5, and was wondering if I have to un-install 3.4 first? I'd love to just keep my same settings! Can I just install 3.5 over the older version, or is it best to un-install and then do a clean install of 3.5?....Thanks

Flyakite's website already says you can install it over 3.0, no need to uninstall. Also think you meant 3.0 and not 3.4, possibly a typo ;)

Flyakite's website already says you can install it over 3.0, no need to uninstall. Also think you meant 3.0 and not 3.4, possibly a typo ;)

Thanks for the information, and Yea I did mean 3.0 sorry :) But Flyakite totally ROCKS!!! This is as close to a Mac Desktop, that it gets! Awesome work guys!!!

Ok, I ran into a MAJOR problem when attempting to uninstall flyakite v3.0.

The uninstaller completed sucessfully, but when I rebooted, Explorer.exe could not run because Normaliz.dll was not found.

As a result, I have no taskbar, am unable to open anything other than the task manager (and only core window, all dialogs will not open because iertutil.dll was not found.

I am not sure if I am missing anything else, as I cannot open anything else to check.

Currently I am on my other computer, and I REALLY need help resolving this issue. I really don't want to have to reinstall XP, and if I do have to, I don't know how to go about it. I did get backup CD's of XP and everything, but am not sure how to use them, and again I would really prefer not losing everything on my system. :(

Help would be very much appreciated.

Okay, first of all, there is a bugs thread, why was this not posted in that? Second of all, what is the full story here?

normaliz.dll and iertutil.dll are part of the IE7 Beta2 Preview. Those files aren't even touched by FlyakiteOSX. So there is more going on here than a simple uninstall messing something up. Did you install FlyakiteOSX, then install IE7? Did you already have IE7 installed? Have you tried uninstalling IE7 then uninstalling FlyakiteOSX? What has happened since the install of 3.5 and the uninstall?