Apple Boot Camp (part Of Mac Os X, Leopard)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woah! This is BIG news! Nativly? dang. This might let more people have Macs in their office by dual booting. And great news for Switchers, who will need to run their old, and sometimes necessary, apps. So it seems that they they are saying that it will run just as fast, not like with Virtual PC. Awesome, it sounds great.

I just wish that Leopord doesn't become last OSX variant to come out !!

I just wish that this rumour stays rumour : http://www.aqua-soft.org/board/showthread.php?t=32795

besides that... check out these sweet quirks from Apple to Microsoft, with love !! :P

EFI and BIOS

Macs use an ultra-modern industry standard technology called EFI to handle booting. Sadly, Windows XP, and even the upcoming Vista, are stuck in the 1980s with old-fashioned BIOS. But with Boot Camp, the Mac can operate smoothly in both centuries.

Word to the Wise

Windows running on a Mac is like Windows running on a PC. That means it’ll be subject to the same attacks that plague the Windows world. So be sure to keep it updated with the latest Microsoft Windows security fixes.

From tuaw.com:

"Here's what won't work in Windows on your Intel Mac:

* iSight

* Apple Remote

* Apple USB modem

* keyboard backlighting on the MacBook Pro"

Ok, it's still in beta, but Windows intoduction on Macs has started with disappointments.

Well, that's (i)life!

you guys beat me to it... i was just about to toss this link up... glad i searched first lol

boot camp is great and all but i'll buy the macbook w/ leopard and the functionality of running both xp and osx at the same time, without the need to dual boot.

very promising work tho... im ready for my new laptop

i thought vista wouldnt be able to run on macs as the core duos are 64bit?...or are you talking about the beta version?

M$ announced a coupe of weeks ago that they were removing EFI support from Vista.

The CPU is not an issue for Vista and the Core Solo/Duo are not 64 bit... they have EMT64 support. Basically they are the dual core Pentium D 9xx CPU's.

Idiots at M$ keep stripping this thing of all that was making it worth while.

So anyway, Apple picked up the slack and created a "patch" to allow Windows to work on an EFI based PC.