Apple Boot Camp (part Of Mac Os X, Leopard)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slight off topic. just found it in the FAQ section for boot camp... ohh the abilities of mac; :D :D :D

Qustion: "I use my MacBook Pro with the lid closed in Mac OS X. Can I do this while running Windows XP?

Answer: "Yes." ... "You can close the lid and still use the MacBook Pro."

-so you can type on the keyboard, view the monitor (with your xray vision eyes) and use the scroll pad all with the laptop closed up... well thats good news!

(yes I know what they meant, but its worded funny)

I was looking into geting a laptop now apple just narrowed my choices for me. :)

I agree with you totally! two laptops in one...well pretty much, its not exactly like you can use both at same time, but you can share files between the two different partitions right?... What if you made them both fat32?

anyhow... I was a skeptic of the hacker technique, but then Apple brings it out with all the drivers and in a more elegant and simple way... typical apple :D ... Why would you get a standard windows laptop now??? (what is a windows laptop anymore anyway?)

Mind you I hope this is as far as Apple takes the whole "windows on a mac" thing, I'd hate to see them take things too far and then loose major support for software development in OSX, i love mac versions of programs, and I'd hate having to run windows more often because the programs that were once on the mac were only developed on the windows side.

Half life 2 anyone?

(mac haters burn in hell and eat my gravity gun! that's right you just got pwnd by a macbook and a pro :P )

Amazing makes me more confident of getting a mini with Intel Solo :D

i was thinking bout that too.. but 512mb ram is not that great for todays games, and the hd of the solo core is only 60gb.. most games need 4gb space for installing and that + the space for winXP..

you whould need to get more ram and a eventually a bigger hd wich costs a lot :confused:

@StefanKa

i have to laugh everytime i read this http://www.mactechnews.de/images/content_i...tcamptest/8.jpg :P

I just watched a video of the installation of Bootcamp on Youtube.com I have to say i'm pretty impressed. Shame i don't have a Mac.

I think its great that you can now choose to run Mac OSX or Windows on your Laptop / Desktop. I hope it is possile someday to have the same "Boot Camp" process for OSX on a PC. I can only dream.

For those that have got XP installed on their Mac, can you open files that are saved under OSX into windows and vice versa? Do you notice a speed change in your system?

Cheers :)

people are telling me that windows will benifit more from this because people who are buying macs will buy a legal copy (if you got legit that is) of XP and install it onto there macs. some mac users i talked to like my professor did not like this, they all think that apples supporting microsoft.

I was wondering what this was and finally decided to look in to it.

Thats a pretty sweet deal too bad you have to restart to switch though.

can you share files between the two partitions?

or does it lock it some how?

too bad i have the goose neck imac. wish i had a dual core intel though.

I wonder how many people will try to get thier winxp installed on a mac to look like OSX.

now that would be weird. might run into some slight confusions when using the comp lol

For all those who wish to dual-boot XP under OSX instead of what Boot Camp is offering (boot either XP or OSX) then you should give this a look. It's in beta as well but it looks promising.

From the website:

It’s here! Parallels is proud to launch the Beta program the first virtualization solution specifically designed to work with Intel-powered Apple computers! Parallels Workstation 2.1 Beta for Mac OS X is NOT simply a "dual-boot" solution; rather, it empowers users the ability to use Windows, Linux and any other operating system at the same time as Mac OS X, enabling users to enjoy the comfort of their Mac OS X desktop while still being able to use critical applications from other OSes.