RumShot 0.5 Beta

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks andrew for this fantastic app, I just love it :D

However I find it quite difficult to make a preview showing your taskbar (especially when you have the taskbar on top of the screen) as it overlaps the frame. Perhaps making the application window always on top would help.

Ghil - Thanks for the ss, that'll help. are you using msstyles or window blinds?

duyvan82 - I'll go ahead and make the popout window always on top, but I'm going to keep the main window a normal app window.

Matthew1981 - This thread is supposed to be for the application, not a tutorial for how to post a screenshot with a preview. Can you please start a new thread for help with that so we can keep this one on topic?

Great app but is it normal the only theme available is the default one? For the rest the list is empty.. Yes, the subfolder with the themes is in the main folder ;)
Read up abit...
Rumshot automatically creates a Rumshots Themes folder in your My Documents folder...I jsut copied all the themese from the install directory into that Themes folder, started Rumshot, & all themes were available...

Great app, makes it alot easier for us

SirSmiley - Ok, thanks. I'll try and use your mask to crash it and gracefully handle whatever is causing the crash. You can't use a negative mask though. You have to use an alpha/white mask just as the panorama theme shows.

And you're saying that the Panorama theme isnt working properly? Can I get a screenshot or better description of what that means? My mind reading skills have gotten a little rusty as of late. And, Can anyone else verify that Panorama isnt working?

Ghil - Yeah, please do try with msstyles. If it's another bug with WB and .NET I can let the WB dev know.

EDIT:

SirSmiley - Ok, the problem with your mask is two fold;

1. Make the black transparent.

2. Rumshot doesnt handle 24bpp png images, only 32bpp (which is the only format for alphatransparency in PNG).

I went ahead and added a check and a warning to the app. In the future, if you try and use a mask that isnt 32bpp then it wont attempt to use the mask. When we get this tested a little bit more I'll do a write up on how to go about creating themes, but until then;

Some notes about themes:

- Mask images must match the size of the shot/width and shot/height values.

- Mask images must be 32bpp (bit per pixel) format.

- Rumshot will set the transparency level of pixels in the preview shot image according to the transparency values on each pixel in the mask. For an example of properly creating a mask, change the Panorama.rstheme theme file's extension to .zip and take a look a the Mask image file.

- You can have multiple layers.

- You can have multiple images per layer.

- You can specify the position between layers that the actual slice of your desktop sits within the preview. ie. If I have two layers and I want the preview slice to sit between layer 1 and 2, I would specify a value of 1 (zero based index) for shot/layerpos in the rstheme.xml file for my theme. When Rumshot is compositing the preview image it will loop through the layers, if it sees that the layerpos value is 1, it will insert the preview slice before inserting layer number 2. If you wanted the preview slice on the very bottom of the layers (equal to a background layer) then you would specify 0 for the layerpos.

SirSmiley - No message from RumShot about anything? It just doesnt apply the mask? Have you tampered with the theme at all?

I've a buncho people testing this out and havent had that reported yet. If we get some more people reporting Panorama not working, maybe we can figure out what the issue is. In the mean time, would really appreciate it if you could try and figure out what might be causing that.

This app is very cool, works a treat for me.

I've been read the thread between Andrew and Sir Smiley, if one of you want to explain further what your doing with your screen shot I'll try and see if I get the same results.

So far all I'm doing is taking a snapshot and it seems to save where I want it to be saved.

I've tried this so far with a few themes and they all work ok for me. The whole masking thing is kind of going over my head a little, but I'm here to try and test as much as I can.

Good news for everyone using Rumshot...

I spent the past couple of days contacting Snapshooter border authors seeking permission to port their borders to Rumshot themes. I have gotten permission to port around 30 or so borders so far, and I still havent heard back from everyone yet. Hopefully you'll all get to see these themes in the next build.