Rosie - Community Preview (Finder Bar)

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, can I give a suggestion. If a programs needs to be individually compile to a dll then show us the way to compile it and we all can make a database of it. Im sure theres a lot of people here can help. :D

I am planning on doing this, keep in mind I haven't finalized the API for creating the menu's yet so I would hate to release a preliminary version and then later change the API and break compatibility.

Unfortunately for all people asking when Rosie 1.0 will come out, I do not have a specific time frame but I can guarantee it will be soon, but keep in mind I will have to code a website, for the database of user submitted menu's and applets.

To all the people saying they get no menus, does it work with notepad? how about calculator? .. I'd like to know

Thanks, and any developer interested in developing custom applets and/or menu dlls, please PM me and I can send you a preliminary version of the API for testing and feedback.

Thanks to everyone for the encouragement and enthusiasm of this 3 year old project.

I am planning on doing this, keep in mind I haven't finalized the API for creating the menu's yet so I would hate to release a preliminary version and then later change the API and break compatibility.

Unfortunately for all people asking when Rosie 1.0 will come out, I do not have a specific time frame but I can guarantee it will be soon, but keep in mind I will have to code a website, for the database of user submitted menu's and applets.

To all the people saying they get no menus, does it work with notepad? how about calculator? .. I'd like to know

Thanks, and any developer interested in developing custom applets and/or menu dlls, please PM me and I can send you a preliminary version of the API for testing and feedback.

Thanks to everyone for the encouragement and enthusiasm of this 3 year old project.

yay can't wait :D

i have a website if u would like to use it to host the file if u need it :)

keane, i dont notice it working with anything. perhaps i am doing something wrong. i just double click the rosie icon & instantly get a beautiful looking bar with an apple & the day & time on it. at least 'force quit' works (brings up task manager) but not sure about anything else (dont want to test shut down etc for obv reasons, the others didnt seem to do anything.

i am running windows 7 64 bit & used the x64 version of rosie 1.0.1 (or whichever the latest one is)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Maybe I'm using Rosie wrong, but I can't seem to get anything on it except for the Apple logo on the far left(with a dropdown menu) and the "Sun 09:36 PM" on the far right. No matter what program I open, it doesn't add anything else to the bar, not even a "File", "Edit", etc... dropdown as I expected.

Am I using it wrong, or is that just the way it's designed?

Yanquis and I both have the same problem with Rosie. All it does (at least for the two of us) is have the Apple logo with a clickable dropdown menu on the far left and the time on the far right. Also, is there a way to edit the transparency levels? I see no way of accessing any settings on it whatsoever, and it would be really nice if it had that.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey, I'm having an issue with saving this program onto my hard drive, and then executing it later. This is a problem because I'm unable to 1) well, run it and 2) set it up to open at startup. As far as general information goes, I'm running 64-bit Vista. Thanks.

Edited by lawl126

Hey, I'm having an issue with saving this program onto my hard drive, and then executing it later. This is a problem because I'm unable to 1) well, run it and 2) set it up to open at startup. As far as general information goes, I'm running 64-bit Vista. Thanks.

You can set it up to run at startup by following the instructions here: http://www.ehow.com/how_5098592_make-program-run-startup.html

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Does anybody have a Leopard skin for Rosie?

PS: I don't know what this means, but my executable for Rosie is titled "rosie2.exe". Does that signify that 1.0 or perhaps even Rosie 2.0 has arrived? If you guys want to try the new thing, i'll send you guys a RAR.

EDIT: Does anyone know how to install the themes? I don't know what files to put in which directory. Also, how do you change the font? I would want to use OBFont, but I can't...

Edited by alebcay