Rosie - Community Preview (Finder Bar)

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

new version guys, skinning is done! this is only a preview, and following my previous patterns it will be polished up and a proper release will follow.

Preview 0.2

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-UNICODE support added (a ***** to fix so late in the game) so languages which require unicode should be support. ie. cantonese, mandarin, french characters, etc.

-skinning implemented, supports ONLY png (keep it simple) in a folder with the skin name.

-language support completely implemented, just awaiting translators assistance.

-VERY alpha preference dialog

-Custom application names, rosie now tracks EVERY program that is being run on the system and gives the option to rename it's display name.

-Added an exclude list, for program's that do not work with rosie to keep their default behaviour. (although no GUI method to modify yet)

-New bug introduced when rosie is closed, explorer crashes with no error code, and restarts instantly (VERY HARD TO DEBUG). So just don't close rosie ;)

Thanks for the great update!However there is now a new thing bugging me a little bit:When I quit rosie and restard it it says that rosie is still running and is not able to relaunch.After I quit the app via taskmanager and relaunch it,just a white bar comes up where no bottons or other things are on.

try to solve that problem,

crucius

for crucius: "this is only a preview, and following my previous patterns it will be polished up and a proper release will follow."

[please] try to solve your problem of not being able to read previous posts thoroughly.

keane: great job as always, keep up the good work! and, will custom font support be introduced shortly?

version 0.2 release. is out!

I fixed the bug with explorer crashing and the bar not working.

Language support is done. Everything just needs to be further polished although I am quite happy with it's stability.

I am not saying do not give me suggestions, I still need them so that rosie can evolve. Just do not expect many new features until 0.4, because I am planning just to clean up my code, comment, and fix all the small memory leaks that exist.

0.3 will mostly be an invisble release, because all changes will be in the source code. BUT expect a new, more organized preferences dialog.

and just so i don't get repeat requests: features slated for 0.4

--------------------------------------------------------

Custom font support.

Better skinning engine, with support for transparency, menu position, and custom fonts.

Better recognization of custom menu's.

System Tray Applet.

Volume Applet.

awesome.. keep 'em coming!

weird.. i'm getting a new error saying that i need msvcp71d.dll... this error hasn't showed up before.. i'll just download it somewhere and put it in the directory..

i did that, and then it requested msvcr71d.dll.. i did the same as above, and now it's running well..

awesome.. keep 'em coming!

weird.. i'm getting a new error saying that i need msvcp71d.dll... this error hasn't showed up before.. i'll just download it somewhere and put it in the directory..

i did that, and then it requested msvcr71d.dll.. i did the same as above, and now it's running well..

Did you extract msvcp71d.dll into the Rosie bar directory, or into windowssystem? I tried both, & I keep getting that error when trying to start Rosie...

the link is in the first post of the thread.. if you read it, you would have seen that it has been updated- using the same link.. or you could have downloaded the file and seen for yourself, instead of posting a question and waiting however long to get your answer.

I'm not sure if this problem is fixed, and I can't check because I can't download the new version 'cuz I'm at the library, but Rosie hides QuickTime's PictureView's menu, causing the program (PictureViewer) to crash. I'll download the new version when I have time.

-Ertai

Wow, cool. One thing: in actual Windows menus, you just have to click once and then you can move the mouse along the row of options and the different menus will drop down without you having to click each one. On your finderbar, you have to click each one. Could this be changed/fixed?

Also, for Windows Explorer windows, do you think you could make it have Explorer's actual menus instead of things like "new finder window"? It may not be as authentic but it would be a lot more funtional.

@wengleung:

Exclusion list isn't implemented in 0.2

@crazybrit4967:

Problem with the menus automatically selecting, this is a problem I somtimes experience as well, I am not 100% sure why it's not working all the time but it won't be over looked as it is very annoying when it doesn't work.

2. Good Idea, it would be cool to have the default exlorer menu accesible like Firefox' CompactMenu or something like that

Preview 0.2

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Added an exclude list, for program's that do not work with rosie to keep their default behaviour. (although no GUI method to modify yet)

at philou, doesnt it have an exclusion list? it's just that we dont have a GUI to modify? is there a way to add to the system files in .ini or something?

Guest icey-ice-ice

i like this program its a pretty good app but i think im going to edit it a little to fit my needs but yeah afterwards i'd say it looks as though is has great potential!

keep up the good work,

//Ice.

-------------------------------------

It's clean. scanned w/ AntiVir , ArcaVir , Avast , AVG Antivirus , BitDefender , ClamAV , Dr.Web , F-Prot Antivirus , Fortinet , Kaspersky Anti-Virus , NOD32 , Norman Virus Control , UNA , VirusBuster and VBA32.

Result: found nothing

safe3wt.th.png

Anybody else have a problem with windows media player and rosie? When i brought WMP to the front my whole computer froze and there was jibberish in the rosie bar. Can anyone help with this? I have no screenie because my comp crashed when it happened.

Great program by the way minus this one instance.