Rosie - Community Preview (Finder Bar)

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just made a Leopard skin really quick for Rosie, Download below.

Just add this skin to the skin directory.

Hey, I just checked your skin, and it is very far from the one I made for private use.

Your's is pixel perfect Leopard emulation :) though the font is too big, but I know you can't change that (neither me... oh wait... Multi-Plugin for Rosie?... mmm... just kidding hahaha)

Hey, I just checked your skin, and it is very far from the one I made for private use.

Your's is pixel perfect Leopard emulation :) though the font is too big, but I know you can't change that (neither me... oh wait... Multi-Plugin for Rosie?... mmm... just kidding hahaha)

Thanks for your kind words. Where is Keane at? He needs to finish this app. This is too brilliant to start and not finish.

Thanks for your kind words. Where is Keane at? He needs to finish this app. This is too brilliant to start and not finish.

Mmm... last activity in his public profile says:

03-30-2008

So it seems he hasn't logged in for a big while :(

We should try to contact him by any means.

Meanwhile, I did a patch to change font face, size and position (doesn't work with clock plugin). I call this patch "Cotton".

Cotton (for Rosie 3.0).zip

rosie is great for a finderbar clone, I have two questions though

1. Whenever i'm using Rosie and I click on something in XWD (Besides a minimized window) it freezes my desktop and causes me to have to restart my computer ( I have done this twice) what do I do about this?

2. what do you do with the cotton Patch? do you just run it while rosie is running?

! Close Rosie first!

The patch includes three files:

Rosie.exe -> overwrite yours with this one (make a backup of original one first)

c4r32.dll -> extract into Rosie.exe's folder.

c4r32.ini -> same, also open with Notepad and change settings to whatever you want.

Then just run Rosie again and you'll see the font face and size changed according to .ini file.

aquasoft-separator.png

Technical detail:

The Rosie.exe file included in the patch is the one from Rosie 3.0. It has been slightly patched to load c4r32.dll instead of GUI32.dll. The dll in turn redirects all calls to gui32 but changes the font to the one you set in ini file.

I would add font smoothing and background transparency, but I'm not sure if I would do that, also I'm slowly writing my own Finder bar emulation anyways. :slant:

! Close Rosie first!

The patch includes three files:

Rosie.exe -> overwrite yours with this one (make a backup of original one first)

c4r32.dll -> extract into Rosie.exe's folder.

c4r32.ini -> same, also open with Notepad and change settings to whatever you want.

Then just run Rosie again and you'll see the font face and size changed according to .ini file.

aquasoft-separator.png

Technical detail:

The Rosie.exe file included in the patch is the one from Rosie 3.0. It has been slightly patched to load c4r32.dll instead of GUI32.dll. The dll in turn redirects all calls to gui32 but changes the font to the one you set in ini file.

I would add font smoothing and background transparency, but I'm not sure if I would do that, also I'm slowly writing my own Finder bar emulation anyways. :slant:

Yeah Matonga, I know it will take a long time to make the Finderbar, but I know it's going to be well worth it.

Maybe i have a problem but when I launch rosie I just see the apple, and on the right the name of the application. I don't have the File, Edit, etc. menues. Do I have to manipulate something? Thank you.

Did you download Matonga's Cotton patch? If so, you have to copy all the files from the Cotton folder to you Rosie directory and replace when the command prompts you to.

BTW: This app isn't finished and the Developer can't be contacted. So this app is pretty dead unless he comes back and finishes his work.

Hope this helped a bit.

rosie is great for a finderbar clone, I have two questions though

1. Whenever i'm using Rosie and I click on something in XWD (Besides a minimized window) it freezes my desktop and causes me to have to restart my computer ( I have done this twice) what do I do about this?

2. what do you do with the cotton Patch? do you just run it while rosie is running?

thats because it needs to be excluded like RK launcher is. if you read the read me file you will see what i mean some one whos good in developing could do it for you

@username3d3:

The Windows logo is inside Appletslegacy.dll

You can try change it with some resource editor, such as:

- Resource Hacker

- XN Resource Editor

- etc...

And then publish the hacked .dll file.

Also I've just noticed that renaming the Applets folder to something else, then running Rosie, results in no errors and there's no Windows icon and clock anymore.

Mmm... extract original .bmp resources into somewhere and open with some advanced editor (Paint Shop Pro, PhotoShop, etc...) or maybe with image properties, and check if the bitmaps are 256 colours (i.e. paletized).

If such is the case, then the blue color you see is not blue but entry 0 of picture's palette (in my case I just see a black picture, then the Windows logo, and no blue colors, maybe we have different versions of Rosie 3.0)

The... background of the volume icon!?!?

I guess you have a newer version of Rosie than me. :) I have no volume icon.

LOL, no I have the same version as you(0.3). I just changed the Windows logo to the Volume icon from Mac Leopard.

Download my Applets folder from the post above to see what I mean.

I was going to try and write a patch so Legacy.dll will actually show the volume bezel, but it's way too much work! Plus I would feel more comfortable asking Keane to hack his application like that.