How to restore .rar files icons?

Hi i have a problem with my .rar files, i dont know how but since i tweaked my icons with Icontweaker.. the .rar files dont have their original icon anymore.. no no its not the fault of icontweaker.. but now the icon isnt a pile of books anymore but some sort of blue drawer i never seen before and i cant get the orginal back.. i tried to go in WinRar settings.. and even look thorougly in IconTweaker but i cant find any solution to bring the original back.. i cant go that with the .zip fils but not .rar becuz it isnt in the options.

can anyone help me with this? thanks in advance

in explorer view select tools menu, file types tab, find rar file type

in details section (bottom of tab) there should be two buttons - change & advanced(or restore)

if it says restore then hit restore then okay should do it.

Thought it was just me but, I'm dealing with that issue at the moment.

• 5 years later...

Hi i have a problem with my .rar files, i dont know how but since i tweaked my icons with Icontweaker.. the .rar files dont have their original icon anymore.. no no its not the fault of icontweaker.. but now the icon isnt a pile of books anymore but some sort of blue drawer i never seen before and i cant get the orginal back.. i tried to go in WinRar settings.. and even look thorougly in IconTweaker but i cant find any solution to bring the original back.. i cant go that with the .zip fils but not .rar becuz it isnt in the options.

can anyone help me with this? thanks in advance

Solution present trouble may be rar recovery. It has some required possibilities such as repairing crashed or lost rar archive data. It can fix rar files after some troubles: power failures, viruses and unexpected errors. The tool starts under any major version of Windows OS.