FindeXer

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@parry:

Ok, I see you have no ddeexec keys in Folder registry data.

I don't know if this is normal with Vista.

Also I have open as default action, but in your registry data there seems to be no default action (?).

This are the main differences I found:

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTFoldershell]

@="open"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTFoldershellexploreddeexec]

@="[ExploreFolder("%l", %I, %S)]"

"NoActivateHandler"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTFoldershellexploreddeexecapplication]

@="Folders"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTFoldershellexploreddeexecifexec]

@="[]"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTFoldershellexploreddeexectopic]

@="AppProperties"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTFoldershellopenddeexec]

@="[ViewFolder("%l", %I, %S)]"

"NoActivateHandler"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTFoldershellopenddeexecapplication]

@="Folders"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTFoldershellopenddeexecifexec]

@="[]"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTFoldershellopenddeexectopic]

@="AppProperties"

Maybe you can make a restore point (not sure how that's done in Vista) and add some of these values to the registry to see what happens.

But at least up to now I see no clue about what can be going on.

@parry: Are you using windows Vista, if you are - this is a known problem with the default configuration for some of Vista installations i've seen. I have yet to find the common denominator between them but i already have a fix which will be available in the next version, meanwhile you can change the default action for your folders from "Explore" to "Open".

Same prob here, stupid question: how do i change the default action?

• 3 weeks later...

There are better ways to ask for help, but try this:

• Run a f**king command-line and enter CD path_where_you_f**king_installed_FindeXer
  • Prompt should now show the f**king path.
  • Now f**king enter regsvr32 /u FindeXer.dll
  • Now log off and in (or better restart your f**king computer) and you should be f**king done.

I hope this f**king helps ;)

Hmm ... I do not quite rightly asked the question ... How do I remove this line?

Oh... (blush) hahaha, right. Please forgive my awkward last response.

I have no idea, but, selecting "No frame" in FindeXer "-Set the FindeXer Frame" settings helps a bit. I'm not sure but maybe this is more part of Windows Visual Styles (or Window Blinds Skin, whatever you're using). Maybe something can be done with TweakUI or a registry hack, but don't know for sure.

^^ yes. said bar/line color is determined by the VS or WB skin. However, you can change its color by going to Display Properties> Appearnce tab> Advanced settings... Under 'Item", select '3D Controls', then select your color. That should do it.

Be aware that changing that particular color will have other probably unwanted consequences- note the preview window...

• 2 weeks later...
I'm having the same issues with findexer and vista...

a new window opens every time I click on a link, hopefully there will be a solution soon

It really looks great btw, awesome

I used to have this problem in XP.

All I needed to do was to go into folder options>view

and un-tick the "Launch folder windows in seperate process" option.

Help Please!! I've been wanting to use this app for a while, but have been on Vista. I d/l it today, read the instructions, and have downloaded the required MS Runtime libraries from the link. Still get an error when trying to install, even with "run as admin". The error is "The module "FindeXer.DLL" was loaded but the call to DLLRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80070005" I really would like to get this running.

Help Please!! I've been wanting to use this app for a while, but have been on Vista. I d/l it today, read the instructions, and have downloaded the required MS Runtime libraries from the link. Still get an error when trying to install, even with "run as admin". The error is "The module "FindeXer.DLL" was loaded but the call to DLLRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80070005" I really would like to get this running.

Searching 0x80070005 in Google gives some result pages which explain this can be an "access denied" error, probably to registry keys.

Even if you're running it as administrator, you may better want to disable UAC first (if it doesn't work either, just reenable UAC again and kick your neighbour's head against a wall :D).

I also have a problem with folders opening in new windows.

I installed FindeXer -worked perfectly until my first reboot. After that it started opening all the FindeXer links in new windows, so I uninstalled it hoping to get things back the way they were before FindeXer. Well, I had no luck:

Everytime I now open an explorer window (it really doesn't matter how, whether winkey+E, opening My Computer or just opening a random folder from desktop) it automatically shows the "Folders" explorer bar, everything still works as long as I keep that bar open. When I close the bar and then try to open a folder from that window, then it pops up a new window and again -"Folders" explorer bar enabled.

Long story short: Folders view automatically enabled, when I close folders bar then everything opens in new window and again shows folders view.

What could be the reason? I've tried everything under Folder Options, no help there.

@ Matonga, Thanx, I was able to get Findexer working. Having the same problems with folders opening in another window, even when the bar is closed like ppihus stated. I hope these bugs get fixed, I've been looking forward to using this App. One last thing, it would be extremely awesome if somehow it functioned with QTTabs, like middle clicking a link will open window in a tab.

...Having the same problems with folders opening in another window, even when the bar is closed like ppihus stated...
This is how it works in Vista at the moment...

...it would be extremely awesome if somehow it functioned with QTTabs, like middle clicking a link will open window in a tab.
To my knowledge, it doesn't support middle-click; I'm running both FindeXer and QTTabs at XP Pro SP3 and this doesn't work either.