Aqua-Soft v3 Skin for phpBB 2.x Released

download.gif

Aqua-Soft 3.0 for phpBB 2.x

Demo - http://www.vastyles.com/phpbb/

Note: As of July 12th, 2008, I have decided to set the price of the skin at $25 usd. Do to amount of time I've put into the new version, I feel it is worth it. You only need to purchase the skin one time, any user who has donated in the past will have access to this version as well as future versions.

What do you get?

The skin of course, vBulletin version, as well as future updates (as I update the skin here I will release updated versions as well for you guys). Also you get support on the skin, what does that mean? Means, if you need help modifying it (to a certain amount), help installing it, or find bugs or anything like that.

Anyway enjoy the skin, many hours have gone into this skin, so we ask that you do not sell or redistribute this skin without our permission.

You will have access to the phpBB2, phpBB3, vBulletin 3.6, and the vBulletin 3.7 versions.

To purchase the skin you must first be registered if you have not already. Then click the link below.

Purchase the Aqua-Soft Skin

Please report any bugs you find or suggestions in this forum below.

http://www.aqua-soft.org/board/forumdisplay.php?f=86

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi, is my first post and have write addon for this version of aquastyle:

<style type="text/css">
.collapseblock { display:none; }
.expandblock { display:inline; }
</style>

<script type="text/javascript">
function toggleblocks (postid)
{
var whichpost = document.getElementById(postid);
if (whichpost.className=="expandblock")
{
whichpost.className="collapseblock";
}
else
{
whichpost.className="expandblock";
}
}
</script>

Add this in overall_header.tpl before

search:

<a id="captionleft" href="#"

in-line after add

onclick="java script:toggleblocks('complete');"

find

<a id="captionright" href="#"

in-line after add

onclick="java script:toggleblocks('head');"

find

<div class="shadleft">

before add

<div id="complete" class="expandblock">

find

<div id="toolbar">

before add

<div id="head" class="expandblock">

find

</ul>
</div>

after add

</div>

save and close overall_header.tpl

open overall_footer.tpl

find

<div class="shadbotmid">

before add

</div>

save and close overall_footer.tpl

------------------------------------------------------------------

This modification allows to hide/show the forum and the head as it happens on vbulletin, than but it has not been inserted on this version for phpbb.

This code does not take part in the cookies like ago vbulletin, but he is simple simple.

For who it wanted to have also the function with the cookies enough to ask that I see to develop it. Thanks to aqua-soft for the beautiful skin that practically it gives.

Faithfully yours.

Hmm, if you can't donate with paypal send me a pm or contact me on msn. I really don't know any other services that work like it.

Also I will be updating the skin for phpbb 3 betas next month. I have to finish the IPB one up first, just incase some of you guys are already ahead and on the beta.

I would want to participate to the planning of the version for phpBB2.

I have found the presence of many errors beyond to some additions that it would appeal to to add to me.

Now, as in the licence it seems to have understood to me that it is not possible to modify it without the authorization of the producer, therefore are here to ask it you.

It's possible?

If I understand you correctly...

You are allowed to do whatever you want with the skin when you get it. Only thing you may not do without permission from me, is re-distribute it in any means/form.

I'm all for modding the skin, can't have everyone with the same skin now can we :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

phpBB maybe free but the skin is donationware. The skins used to be free (vBulletin3.0~) but after putting more and more work into it, I decided to ask for donations. Where you get any version of the skin (vB, ipb, phpbb) + support.

Surely you can find free phpbb skins on the web, but most suck or are small changes. Then there trying to get help on changing things is another story.

Cant upload avatars

since installing the aqua-soft template users cant upload avatars using the profile area.

I can do this from within the admin control panel area but just not in the user profile section

is anyone else experiencing this??

You can't really call it donationware, read below:

Donationware is a licensing model that supplies fully operational software to the user and requests a donation be paid to the programmer. It generally falls into two categories and the programmer should specify which of these meanings they intend.

Category 1: Given away with a suggestion that anyone using the software makes a donation to offset the costs of creating this software.

Category 2: A reasonably satisfied user is suggested to compensate the programmer if real value or use is achieved from the program. The compensation amount is left up to the discretion of the user. This amount is based on a value the user estimates they derived from the program.

Found at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donationware