[request] Add Shadows To Qcd Once!

As many of you know, Cassiel who left the community, farted a quiant utility that cheaply adds shadows to QCD in one single button. Unfortunatly, he left it in this way you will have to load it seperately from QCD itself each time and it wont ever stay in memory.

Regardless he had no intentions whatsoever to upgrade that, why, you ask? ----> :goku's job:

------------

so to my request:

There are a lot of developers here who know the basic api of windows and the ability to link wfx shadows onto their sweet applications. Is there anyway a developer can make a small precious that will f stay in memory and will automaticall add shadows to QCD while launched (At startup of course, and it may have its systray icon if you choose to do so).

Its living hell with what cassiel left us and there r just few more steps to make his evil utility turn into a pure soul :harp: .

If this thing is done I will be very happy :cry:

so whats up with that?

I'll talk to jef see what how much i can do about it.

Developers, please feel free to contact jef and ask him how to utilize those things, yerself (Y) - saves time and higher chances one of us will reach him.

Please lets cover up this little spot in the emulation. Its so tiny yet giant detail in the aqua emulation. Shadows must be applied to a window, otherwise it looks like a buggy window (or fake image to the desktop).

THANK YOU PEOPLE!

PM jef or Emailing him would do more than enough!

-----------------------------------------------------------

:goku:

I've just finished a program "AddShadow" that let's you add shadows to any window based on either the window caption or the class name of the window. For instance, Winamp 3 windows are all part of the class "BaseWindow_RootWnd". The program uses an INI file. For example:

Class=BaseWindow_RootWnd

Caption=QDC Player

The program stays resident in memory and checks every 30 seconds for new windows to add shadows to.

So....who wants it?

-jef

Oh...by the way...anyone want to create an icon for it?

Originally posted by jef@Jul 30 2003, 06:01 PM

I've just finished a program "AddShadow" that let's you add shadows to any window based on either the window caption or the class name of the window.  For instance, Winamp 3 windows are all part of the class "BaseWindow_RootWnd".  The program uses an INI file.  For example:

Class=BaseWindow_RootWnd

Caption=QDC Player

The program stays resident in memory and checks every 30 seconds for new windows to add shadows to.

So....who wants it?

-jef

Oh...by the way...anyone want to create an icon for it?

I suggest you to make a global hook on the WM_CREATE message :)