Icy Radio

DEP? No of course you can't. That's why I suggested you look into which components Icy uses that your other apps don't. It's clearly not inherent in your style of coding. Though in BCB I have had such issues pop up when I changed something in the build method of Compile optimisations.

RunMe... Will do. Thanks for the advise.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks, Visara :)

I wrote about TV streams adding on 1st page:

You can find many TV channels here:

http://www.beelinetv.com/

http://wwitv.com/

How to add TV channel:

1)In browser: MediaPlayer -> Properties -> copy url from 1'st tab to IcyRadio Favourites

2)Check "Video Stream" checkbox in Add/Edit window

3)Save it

If you choose channel there, you will see this channel in Windows Media Player.

You should copy stream's address from properties.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi Konstantin,

what a nice program!!! Great job!

Just two short questions:

Is it possible to search TV-Stations?

When will there be the next release?

Edit: It would be usefull to have a better management for the favourites, one can't maximize

the window, so one have no good overview.

Just another thing:

The "displays" of the Skins are sometimes to small and cut Song-Informations.

Would it be possible to get one less stylish but broader skin to face that issue?

Edit: Oh, wow, found out that the information is sliding over the "display", if I click on it.

Great! This Program really rocks!!!

Hello, All!

660207, yes, TV stations searching will be in next release.

Also favourites will be able to placed in separate groups (collapsible items) window will be resizable and interface will be skinable (I mean search/fav window) :)

I want to be partaken with you that distressed me recently.

I found a site where the program Icyradio was placed as AdWare program with the proper module (http://icyradio.fiery-software.com/).

//Edited: this page was removed today.

Hi ! Icy Radio 0.5 dont work on Vista Sp1/ Bug Report:

Предотвращение выполнения данных (DEP)

Продукт

icyradio.exe

Проблема

Остановка работы

Дата

27.06.2008 22:50

Состояние

Отчет отправлен

Сигнатура проблемы

Имя проблемного события: BEX

Имя приложения: icyradio.exe

Версия приложения: 0.5.0.0

Штамп времени приложения: 2a425e19

Имя модуля с ошибкой: bass_aac.dll

Версия модуля с ошибкой: 2.3.0.0

Штамп времени модуля с ошибкой: 44708fd2

Смещение исключения: 0003e6f0

Код исключения: c0000005

Данные исключения: 00000008

Версия ОС: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3

Код языка: 1049

Дополнительные сведения 1: e51a

Дополнительные сведения 2: 4c0d4d78887f76d971d5d00f1f20a433

Дополнительные сведения 3: e51a

Дополнительные сведения 4: 4c0d4d78887f76d971d5d00f1f20a433

Дополнительные сведения о проблеме

Код черпака: 152684821

WindowsVista SP1 HomePremium_х86

How I can it correct????

Hi ! Icy Radio 0.5 dont work on Vista Sp1/ Bug Report:

Предотвращение выполнения данных (DEP)

How I can it correct????

Hello, Allumni!

Please see this (previous page): http://www.aqua-soft.org/board/showpost.ph...0&postcount=149

(Thanks Bobsobol)

I'm working on IcyRadio in Vista SP1 too but haven't such problem (not sure why).

Please try this list, I will update libraries in next release.

Thanks! Спасибо! :)

• 4 weeks later...

@Lupo73

I don't think "a good refresh" is the best way to put it. Icy is already really good at what it does, and it's appearance is awesome, if you don't like what you have, just make a new skin.

It could use some more integration, drag'n'drop URLs from browser or browser plugin (IE BHO and/or Mozilla xpi) and streaming video (which is where I use it most) could use a little polishing off. Some channels I have to revert to VLC because they just don't start in Icy, and initial setup of channels is quite funky rooting through the html source for the stream URL.

I still prefer to use the Icy UI for accessing regular streams over VLC tho. Just coz the UI is so cool.

@KSoft (Konstatin)

You don't have a problem with Icy on XP / Vista if you don't alter DEP settings from default. However "default" is different on 2003 / 2007 OS, and if you set XP /Vista to 2003 / 2007 "safer" settings then you have a problem with Icy, and have to "exclude" it.

DEP works a little like firewall or web popup blocker. It makes certain code, which has legitimate uses, but is more frequently used for evil purposes (just like popups) an illegal operation.

Intel and AMD implemented this in hardware as Linux OS' were working on software code breakers to secure Linux servers...

DEP (Data Execution Protection) is supported on all Windows OS from 5.1sp2 upwards... there may also be different effects depending on whether it is implemented by the CPU (hardware DEP) or only in the OS Kernel (software DEP).

It's quite simple if you understand any Machine Code language, but not so clear if you are used to only High Level language code only.

I've attached a PDF that illustrates the basics better than I can in a BBCode message, but I know language barriers are also a problem. ;)

The biggest point is that it is hard to break DEP in High Level languages (you can do it in C, and therefor C++, but you would have to break several conventions and put up with compiler warnings, any BASIC which still supports PEEK, POKE and GOTO could do it) otherwise you'd have to link some Assembler either statically or via a DLL.

This is why I don't think it's IcyRadio it's self, but rather some component the program relies on.

The other point is that code which breaks DEP was perfectly legal Windows code up until XPsp2, and is still acceptable in certain uncommon cases. Self-Modifying code, "Just In Time Compilation" etc.

Many AV programs try to detect what DEP stops dead at a much higher level, and I would try to code DEP friendly, just as I would try to avoid upsetting common AV programs.

"False positives" are sometimes unavoidable however... and this is (kind of) one of them.

Summery

Until you can find what component causes DEP to break and find an update or replacement which doesn't. The False Positive, exclude Icy from DEP explanation is the best way to tell users what and why this happens.

DEP_Explain.pdf

Lupo73, I still have no time/desire for it.

I've made skin for stations window, want to implement groups for favourites and search engine for TV channels. Some bugs fixed. But still not works well.

[ATTACH]12362[/ATTACH]

From what I can make out, this article explains DEP quite well in Russian language. ;)

Thanks, I read a sort of it :)

I can't just update BASS dlls (where ok with DEP) because Icy Radio in "non-assembled" state now. Can you please send me a not working link(s)?

Certainly, Icy can play all what WMP should play but there are somrу bugs in parsing function so maybe it can't be parsed right to play.

post-43346-1216904745_thumb.jpg

My post didn't want to be criticism (my english is not so good :P ).. This app is very powerful and many users of my project ask me news about it. Anyway, the graphics is perfect and if you implement that new features it may become a must in this kind of software. Best regards!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Rulezzz, Winamp nervno kurit v storonke. :)

Very nice app, thank you.

A small bug - volume control doesnt work if you just launch Icy Radio and click on play. If you choose a station from favorites it works fine.

Sorry for delay!

Thanks for comment :) But it's a web radio player only and Winamp is a... complex thing.

Volume works well, maybe because I fixed it already but not uploaded yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody!

First of all thanks to Sobol Konstantin for his great program!

I use it since the first version ;)

I like the new version (always hated the stations window in windows design :P)

So I'm currently working on a few skins for the actual version of icy radio, but I got some problems with the volume picture.

Think for volume type=1 the images should be squares!?

So my image didn't work.. maybe you can help me!?

And my second problem is, I can't make a transparent shadow for the player..

which program should i use?

This is the current skin.. (or how it should look like)

a97f_.00002152c.jpg

and this will be the next skin to make

a980_.00002c4ab.jpg

I can send the actual version of my skin to everyone who can help me!

my mail: vortschy@inext.at

Hello, vortschy,

Thanks for interest in IcyRadio and new themes! :)

I think that I shoulв make a new type of volume: 10 states for horizontal slider to realize your great themes. Currently it's possible to make a circle or slider like trackbar in windows.

On second question: in what file format you have this themes?

Many modern graphics editors can be used to make semitransparent shadows: Photoshop, for example or Paint Shop Pro, GIMP. It's just 32bit PNG, with alpha chanel. I like Fireworks.

Really, can you maybe send this graphic parts to me and I can try to make such volume control?

Thanks!

-Kostya (ksoft(at)nm.ru)