PayPal advice me.

hello.

i was thinking on creating my paypal account. bcause i want to learn adult stuff.

but before that.

i want to ask. is paypal really safe?

some of my classmates said its really dangerous to use it.

(well maybe bcause if you dont know anything)

i want some informations from expirienced people here.

is there a scamming that i shud avoid?

wat are the bad things that i shud be aware of?

im still a child. thank you for helping. i dont have parents so i cant ask them sorry.

----------

the fact that how you people use it and what bad exp. you had while using it wud be a help to me.

Overall, PayPal is safe. They don't release any of your bank account information and it's optional to use your social security number (it's only required if you want to withdraw more than $500 a month.)

To be safe; leave a small amount in the actual PayPal account ($10 is what I leave in there), leave the rest in the bank. Only purchase from Paypal verified members or organizations. Be very careful around eBay.

If anyone tries to scam you, PayPal has buyer protection; just give them a complaint if something bad were to occur.

paypal itself is safe... however, there a LOT of phishing scams...

ie- people pretend to be paypal in order to get your paypal details, and get your money.

to be certain that you're not scammed, Never follow a link in an email, NEVER, even if you think the email is from paypal.

instead, google 'paypal', click on the first link, and go log into thier site that way (its www.paypal.com, if you prefer to enter it into the address bar).

Just a warning because my unsuspecting mum was scammed $600 by a site posing as paypal.

its www.paypal.com, if you prefer to enter it into the address bar)

you probably knew this, but typing 'x' and pressing ctrl+enter gets you there the same way :) (the site www.x.com redirects there too)

I've also seen this great firefox extension that highlights the main part of the site's url, so you can tell the difference between paypal.fake.com and www.paypal.com etc.

is it ok if i dont use my real name for safety measures?

is there a law that forbids that?

First, you must be an adult (18 or older) to sign up for a PayPal account.

Second, you cannot use fictitious information (i.e.; fake names) it is not only illegal, but how the hell are you going to get the money to your bank account? You can't have a bank account tied to a fictitious name.

thank you for the great tips. im enlighten now.

im actually 19yrs old. i wanted to learn adult stuff. so i wont get fooled when the time i'll use paypal.

so there is a fake paypal site?

great thats a vital information for me. now i can be aware.

when i have a job in the future. i'll be knowledgeable using paypal.

----

oh is that so? i accidentally registered my nickname in paypal as yushin.

can't they identify me thru my credit card? i register my master card and my profile there is real.

so there is a fake paypal site?

great thats a vital information for me. now i can be aware.

There can be many fake sites... often a user of paypal will set up thier account with a name such as "enquiries@paypal.com" or "postsender@paypal.com", then they'll send you an email using paypal so that it gets delivered to your inbox and looks more 'real', but the link they post in the message often leads to a phoney site.

*igonored shockme17*

@levi

so its better that i dont answer the ones that send me in my mail?

and it looks like they're good at hacking emails.

its a wonder how wud they send me in mail and know that im a paypal user.

That's just it... in most cases they don't know you are a PayPal user.

It's called phishing... they hope you are a total n00b to PayPal and believe everything you read.

Read the PayPal security info. It will help you identify legitimate communications from PayPal.

a lot of matured people answered me in this forum site.

(unlike the other forum sites)

thank you im enlighten'd really.

i dont have much to ask.

as long as PayPal itself is safe.

then, generally its on the person how they use it.

anyways,

if anyone has a good tip.

i'd love to hear it. ty.

paypal is NOT safe. Say someone buys a item off you. Even though you KNOW you sent it, they can claim you sent them the wrong item. So, even if you send paypal your tracking number and receipt, they just tell the buyer to send it back to you so you can replace the item. Then the buyer sends you a rubber donkey. Now what? They have a reciept for shipping, and you have a reciept for shipping. Guess what. Paypal gives THEM your money. I've been nailed twice by idiots like that.