"Do Not Disconnect" on iPod

My Ipod has been charging since 3 pm yesterday. It is now 9 am the next day. I have yet to do anything with it as it continuely displays the do not disconnect. So now I want to know what's going on here as I am really lost in this as this is my very first Ipod. Oh let me add nothing is in my iTunes folder and it has now been one hour and 35 minutes this has been doing this. Also what is the average time estimate will be fine to transfer a Movie to the Ipod already in MP4 format? Sorry for the noob questions and hope to get this figured out.

Thank you

Charlie

the do not disconnect sign, is to prevent danmaging files, hit the Eject iPod button within iTunes and it will be safe to detach (or (if its pc) in the notification area (bottom right) theres a "Saftly Remove Hardware" icon, just double click that and select your ipod, and hit stop). The transfer rate if you have usb2.0 will be around 7-10minutes, depending on the size of the movie and its compression. To add music, just go to file, add folder to libary, and select your desired music, or just use the drop and drag method. In Preferences make sure you know weither or not an option is check off that copys music you add to the libary to its own folder (sorry I havent used iTunes in a year I forget what that option is called...)

if i remember correctly, the ipod does come with something called a user manual, which should provide you with detailed instructions on how to use your beloved mp3 player. Sometimes it's a good thing to read your user manual first, before posting hmm not so smart question :)

oh and welcome to Aqua-Soft

the do not disconnect sign, is to prevent danmaging files, hit the Eject iPod button within iTunes and it will be safe to detach (or (if its pc) in the notification area (bottom right) theres a "Saftly Remove Hardware" icon, just double click that and select your ipod, and hit stop). The transfer rate if you have usb2.0 will be around 7-10minutes, depending on the size of the movie and its compression. To add music, just go to file, add folder to libary, and select your desired music, or just use the drop and drag method. In Preferences make sure you know weither or not an option is check off that copys music you add to the libary to its own folder (sorry I havent used iTunes in a year I forget what that option is called...)

Thank you so when it is done transferring will I know? I have a zune player as well and it lets me know when it is done so this is why I ask.

if i remember correctly, the ipod does come with something called a user manual, which should provide you with detailed instructions on how to use your beloved mp3 player. Sometimes it's a good thing to read your user manual first, before posting hmm not so smart question :)

oh and welcome to Aqua-Soft

Thanks for the smart remarks I am new to all this and never messed with one of these before so I guess I will direct my questions to another support forum when I have them this wasn't a good post and really to be honest I don't feel welcomed now.

Thanks for the smart remarks I am new to all this and never messed with one of these before so I guess I will direct my questions to another support forum when I have them this wasn't a good post and really to be honest I don't feel welcomed now.

This isn't a "support forum" for the iPod.

If you need tech support for your iPod, first thing you should do is read the owners manual, specifically the section called "Troubleshooting" .

Second, if you don't find what you need in the manual, go here http://discussions.apple.com/category.jspa?categoryID=146

I would highly recommend you use the search function first.

I'll give you a little help. I ran the search query for you. There are 500+ results... enjoy!

http://discussions.apple.com/search.jspa?o...t+disconnect%22

If you thought we were jerks, go and ask a question that has been answered 50 billion times already. If you're lucky, they will just ignore you.

I do host support for a particular software and yes it gets annoying but guess what still no use for being arrogant either. I am always cheerful and respectful regardless how many times something gets ask. I can now use my Ipod without any issues now and no I read nothing so maybe I may be a support forum and help users too.

@charlie: sorry if my previous post offended you, i really didn't mean to. I was, as mr rjohnstone said above, just being a bit sarcastic.. I'm not an arrogant type of person, you'll know if you stay here long enough, or just ask around :)

PS: I do believe the manual does cover all that stuff though. Just refer to it if you're lost. On a side note, my ipod always says "do not disconnect" while being hooked up to my Mac/PC I just eject it (or safely remove it on windows) when it's been fully charged. Hope that helps

Well he has got an "normal" iPod, but the 2nd gen nanos (like I have) manuals are just about how to install itunes and plug the usb cable inside the port ;)

Same thing here, until ejected it displays do not disconnect. I agree that this (now thinking about it again) is confusing.

In terms of manual size, nobody can beat Half-Life 2's 1 page manual that is only about default key bindings.

Welcome to aqua-soft btw ;) Don't take anything without humor here, nobody seems to be really serious (me first :P) ^^ (hope "they" don't hit me ... this guys that are behind aqua-soft, ... i've already told you enough about that, anymore and "they" might kill me)

Thanks everyone for understanding how I might of interpreted your posts. I was unaware of the online manual and the IPOD I received is the regular I assume as it will play music and video and store pictures. As stated about the manual with the nano yes All I got was a piece of paper stating how to hook it up and some decal stickers I think? I bought the IPOD due to it's size and heard too many great reviews of how better it is I already own a PSP and a Zune and their manuals were included which made things easier. I spent a good day playing with the IPOD and now have a firm grip on it. I also want to say and I eat crow saying this..... that when I googled IPOD help it took me to apples site then saw in the help side a link to here for forum help so I just assumed it was a support forum for trouble shooting. It does really suck to be repetitive like I said I host a support forum for a specific software so I can understand the irritation on some stupid noob questions. I just tell myself that we were all there at one time and I didn't like being new so I try my best to make my new users feel at home. No offense takin on the comments as I came in today to see what else was posted. So I hope you can see when on apples site that their is a link for forum support instead of calling or such that a user can think or believe this is a support forum for such products from apple.