ObjectBar Alternative?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

I haven't used OB very often, but when I did I thought it was supposed to hide the Menus from your Explorer windows, but it didn't. Rosie, which may be buggy, provided this functionality that I'm sure everyone is looking for.

I have never had a problem with Finderbar. Even though it doesn't provide the function mentioned above, it's by far the most stable OB alternative I know of.

Actually there's no alternative that can provide the functionality of OB. Finderbar can only imitate the look of a mac menu bar with no actual functionality: great if you only want the look for a screenshot or two, but actually a waste of resources.

um, finderbar 1.5 does have good functionality. it's not just a skin. it has mac menus and all that stuff. i think it's great. i used rosie for a bit, but i like finderbar better. if you need to access your start menu with finderbar, you can just hit the windows key. but on rosie, when you hit the windows key, rosie disappears and it's so annoying.

Edited by cjborodin
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, i have a problem with Finderbar on my laptop (vista), i run the application but it don't work, i have tryed in Win XP mode, Win 2ooo mode but nothing works. However, I succeeded has make it works,but I do not succeed any more...I nedd help!!

I have tryed objectbar but it's full of bugs.I have not tryed "Rosie", because i don't know what is that, where can i find it?

and sorry for my bad english, i'm french :D

Hello, i have a problem with Finderbar on my laptop (vista), i run the application but it don't work, i have tryed in Win XP mode, Win 2ooo mode but nothing works. However, I succeeded has make it works,but I do not succeed any more...I nedd help!!

I have tryed objectbar but it's full of bugs.I have not tryed "Rosie", because i don't know what is that, where can i find it?

and sorry for my bad english, i'm french :D

You can find Rosie here at Aqua-Soft by searching the forums. Matonga has released a patch to change the font face and I have created a Leopard Skin for it. Just search through the whole Rosie thread to find everything. If you need more help don't hesitate to ask me.