[theme] Brushed Panther

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Xero@Aug 20 2003, 02:33 AM

well then i guess its settled :) Once I finish the theme KoL I'll send you all the default files so you dont have to make it out of screenshots :), and the buttons are on the left because this is a windowblinds skin and with windowblinds you can do more the msstyles :D

cool (Y)

This skin is awesome. I love all of Xero's skinning adventures. I do however have a little problem with this one. The rounded corners have a square box that sticks out past the round.

If anyone doesn't know what I mean, I will try and post a pic of the problem.

Other than that, keep up the great work you do, Xero.

FatAxl :own:

Originally posted by FatAxl@Aug 22 2003, 02:06 AM

This skin is awesome.  I love all of Xero's skinning adventures.  I do however have a little problem with this one.  The rounded corners have a square box that sticks out past the round.

If anyone doesn't know what I mean, I will try and post a pic of the problem.

Other than that, keep up the great work you do, Xero.

if im not mistaken... the square boxes are from the shadow program that you are using. say.. YzShadow? Winfx i think could fix that problem but i haven't given it a try.

if i am mistaken, then :lol:

actually no shadow app can fix that, because windows tells the computer that EVERY window is a rectangle so all shadow apps will make the shape of a retangle, mac os x and longhorn tell them that they are shapes so they wont be sh##ty like xp is :D it sux for now tho, I'm also going to release a version with square boarders for shadow users

Yes, I do use WindowFX. This problem really shows up on the bottom of a window and not nealy as much on the top. If you do the square corner version, maybe a substyle could be only square on the bottom. I know this is really a prissy request, but who knows, you may feel like doing it.

Again, great skin.

well thanks to you xero, i had to put windowblinds back on. :rant:

and damn i'm glad i did. after all the WB themes i've tried, this has to be the cleanest and smoothest one i've tried. though i seem to have one slight problem. when i use IE and drop down my favorites list, each link icon has a small white square around it, like the icons didnt have the right transparity setting. though when i look at the same icons though the start menu, they look fine. :shrug:

its a small niggle, and i'd post a screenshot if i had somewhere to store it.

but on the whole this is a fantastic skin, and one that fits seamlessly with most of the mods ive done to my system (mainly through the mac transform pack, but with an IP theme) (Y)

oh also any chance of a borderless version? or did you answer that eairlier and i missed it. ^_^

Zeromachina

Originally posted by Xero@Aug 22 2003, 03:25 AM

actually no shadow app can fix that, because windows tells the computer that EVERY window is a rectangle so all shadow apps will make the shape of a retangle, mac os x and longhorn tell them that they are shapes so they wont be sh##ty like xp is :D it sux for now tho, I'm also going to release a version with square boarders for shadow users

WindowsFX does fix the problem, I'm fairly sure Y'z Shadow does too.

http://www.cadot.plus.com/shaped.jpg

edit: Great theme btw :D