Shell32.dll changes back to original windows file everytime computer is turned on...

I used replacer to install a Leopard Shell32.dll. It worked fine, I restarted and the icons were all there. However the next time I turned on my PC, the icons had all gone back to the default windows ones, and when I checked the Shell32.dll file with reshacker, it was the old windows shell32.dll.

I've done this a few times now, and it always reverts itself.

Why does this happen?

when I'm installed flyakite and trying to mod the shell32.dll it'll restore to default shell32.dll from flyakite. perhaps that's the problem. (if u installed flyakite 0_^).

have you ever try replace shell32.dll in repair mode?I always do in repair mode to change shell32.dll.

put your xp cd and boot from cd choose repair.all you need to do is rename the original shell32.dll

(i.e shell32.backup) and make sure your new shell32.dll is in system32 with different name (i.e new_shell32.dll) after you rename the original rename new _shell32.dll to shell32.dll then reboot.

becareful do not used shell32.dll from someone except you mod it by your self in your pc (it'll crash your system).I'd tried that and my pc goin' wild.

• 9 months later...
I used replacer to install a Leopard Shell32.dll. It worked fine, I restarted and the icons were all there. However the next time I turned on my PC, the icons had all gone back to the default windows ones, and when I checked the Shell32.dll file with reshacker, it was the old windows shell32.dll.

I've done this a few times now, and it always reverts itself.

Why does this happen?

Would you mind if I asked what Leopard shell32 replacer you got? cuase, Ive been looking for a leopard shell32 and couldn't find one

I dont get it. It only replaces some of the files, and the other ones are left looking like sh*t. Help, if you can?

Okay dude the same thing happened to me. Download a program called IconTweaker.

Then go to dEVIANTART and search for LeopardXP for IconTweaker.

Download and extract, then load the file in IconTweaker.

Hope it helps, if not don't be hesitant to ask for help.