Poll-Reflective Dock Name

116 members have voted

1. 1.

• GlowDock (gdock)
    • AquaDock (adock)
    • MirrorDock (mdock)
    • Bannana Dock (bdock)
    • I-Dock (idock)

I still haven't figured out why lots of people like glowdock. As you said, it doesn't glow, so why name it glowdock the best idea that i could think of that could be abbreviated to gdock is glassDock. Or better yet why don't you ditch the whole concept name of dock and launcher , and name it somethings, thats Totally OUT OF THE BOX.

after the jokes, I've just realized that maybe it should actually be called just Banana !

• free advertisement - everyone will talk about the dock-with-a-strange-name
  • easy to identify - a banana stands out, is a recognizable logo, it's usually unrelated to software (think about how the mozilla programs use animals - nothing to do with the programs or their features, but still they work)
  • can you resist, when you get the change to have different "banana skins" ? :D

• and then comes another reflective dock and it's called Reflective, Reflection, or Reflex or any other boring variation, and people stop identifying your product and instead of a bright advertisement, you get white noise.
  • you can say "We called this dock Banana because it makes no sense. It's such a good product that it could have any name"

I offer to create the website for free if it's called Banana Dock (with a space, and any amount of n's, the more the better) and maybe even if it's called BananaDock (a little bit less original, imho). Andreas and Phil know I deliever :P

sigh..if you want a banana dock, then banana dock it will be. Mod please close this thread.

HOWEVER i have not permanently decided on banana dock.. one it has nothing to do with the project. and two its kinda stupid. but it will rest until the dock is done. When the dock is finished i will create and official poll.

ehm, please don't take this thread seriously, as if we were deciding anything. It wasn't started in that direction, and we are just joking about names at this point, and you should have realized it.

Noone would ever force a name on the developers: it's your creature and you decide what to do with it!

still, it's quite fun to come up with random names and see how you can support them with arguments :D

edit: I still can't resist to add this: thank god that the Firefox project had nothing to do with its name, with fire, foxes, or red pandas. Browsing the internet would be a real mess otherwise! :D

Was/Isn't there already an AquaDock or at least I had one year's ago?

I think that's how I ended up here in the first place.;)

Your right there is an aqua dock, however i have never tried it considering it does not work on windows vista.

whoever created this poll should remove it.. its unofficial and completely useless to me and to anyone who will be using this dock, because people will not be voting on this dock. dreadnaut is completely right, the naming of the dock is my decision, if you dont like it to bad, go create your own dock an call it banana dock.

@dreadnaut

your right, firefox? lol? that would be an intresting program if it wasnt a web browser, probably a game like star fox except you should fire. lol :)