Vista Volume Docklet for Object Dock

niklasw99,

I really aprreciate your effort... as I have said several times I am no designer... so receiving contributions like this help me make my docklets look way better.

Thanks again.

Have you considered

Hiya

I created OSX-inspired graphics for this Docklet. As you can tell from the preview it could use a more flexible system for handling mute state... To be even more true it should probably have some more drop shadows added to it. But until then :)

Download at http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=8879da8...669e041ec563a01

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I tried this one, and hmmm... I don't know what is going wrong, but it basicly doesn't work for me :S

Maybe the right questions to ask first, are "Should it be working in Vista, and should it be working on RocketDock?" :P

I can put it on my dock, it shows the current Volume, but as soon as I change the volume, the icon just keeps showing the first value (I.e. not updating).

Changing the volume doesn't work either; click the icon, use + or -, up, down, every other key on the keyboard, making the icon active in every single possible way, ain't working...

Would love to be of more help, but I can say only this: it isn't working.

If I can help by trying some things, to come up with more information, that's just the reason why I'm posting ;)

Did you try the right click menu options... do they work for changing the volume? As far as I remember the keyboard options were not working under RocketDock, but the docklet supports both XP & Vista.

Another thing you should double check is that the docklet must be the "active" window for the keyboard to work. You should first "click" the docklet and the use the keyboard.

Hope this helps.

Jup, tried it. You're right, that works just fine.

Is it also because of RocketDock that when I change the volume in vista itself, that it doesn't show in the docklet, until I click update now? (I actually think it's the only docklet that doesn't auto-updates that I know off, probably with a good reason :P)