Smaky

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why does it say PM when the time is AM

Well actually is showing PM, the "active" color for AM/PM is blue. This is something Ghostwalker liked... but if it confuses you (as some guys have noted before) just switch the am.png/pm.png names and they will show as you are expecting.

Thanks - how do I change the size of the font? I noticed that you can use any sized png file - does it simply divide the picture into 10 pieces and displays the appropriate digit?

Indeed, the docklet takes the digit image files and divides it in 10 different images for each digit.

Edited by Smaky

Well, if it isn't obvious, I'm trying to create a skin - is it possible to rearrange the "boxes" where the elements are rendered? e.g. could I move the day above the time digits? can I resize these boxes to make for example, the date more prominent?

This is completely at the skinner's will... create the graphics (remember it's a 256x256 square) and the use the skin tab to arrange the elements and define the hot-spot areas to suit your taste.

The size of the "boxes" for each graphic element is derived from the image element itself (it takes the png dimension), on the other hand, "hot-spot" areas are defined independently to stablish the "active" areas of the skin.

I would recommend to copy the iTime folder and rename it to your skin name, then simply overwrite the skin element with your and finally go to the skin tab and rearrange them as needed... finally do a backup of the config file so you can share the skin with others.

Well, if it isn't obvious, I'm trying to create a skin - is it possible to rearrange the "boxes" where the elements are rendered? e.g. could I move the day above the time digits? can I resize these boxes to make for example, the date more prominent?
Edited by Smaky

So, I tried a few different options, but finally settled on this flip-clock inspired skin - see projectvirus' flickr page here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/31511405@N08/3055200218/

However, as you can see, it's a very simplified skin - without room for seconds or any other stuff. Happy to release it if someone is willing to help me "pad" out the rest of the skin - alarm functions etc. Also, I don't really know which files to upload and it's still called itime in my digitalclock docklt.

Finally - any way to change the docklet label date to be full 17 July, 2009 instead of 15/07/2009? Or even a string that is customisable?

Anyway, great job on the docklet!

post-103498-1247675861_thumb.png

Sorry guys I have had and still have problems logging in with firefox having to use Safari to post this. I recently met the future Mrs Ghostwalker and of course have been real busy courting her so my time is limited.

@hobnob

I would be very glad to help you with the skin, I would prefer to work by email just send what you have and what you would like to accomplish to ghostwalkers.ghost[at]gmail.com

@CyberPunk

I agree with you on Smaky's docklets some of the most professional I have seen, and thanks for the compliment.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

As this is my favourite docklet, I made another skin cause I'm not a big fan of the iPhone look. I've based this on the files created by Ghostwalker, so original credits for him because it takes a long time to finish only one complete skin. I can share it if anyone is interested

post-137178-0-47556800-1323817234_thumb.

Edited by jlfu3
  • 3 weeks later...