Just bought iMac ... Now what?

So I just bought a iMac. I've played around with it for a few hours (iphoto and it's events instead of folders pisses me off) and I don't know what else to do with it. I mean within 3 hours I'm back to doing the same thing I would be doing on my PC. Watching movies ect.... So my question is to those out there that have been using Mac for a while what else is there to do on a mac?

You haven't hooked it up right. If you connect everything the way its supposed to be connected, the heavens SHOULD open up (sometimes there is a post error) and the divine creator will grace you with the sight of all creation. Its a f***ing computer, what did you expect?

If you wants a productive and drama-less week,explored your mac manual and browse your new friend.I spent some of my long hours doing some upgrading on all of my machines. When it came to my mac, the upgrading and maintenance so easy and I got the better access to iTunes so I thought I'd do some research when I use it.

So I just bought a iMac. I've played around with it for a few hours (iphoto and it's events instead of folders pisses me off) and I don't know what else to do with it. I mean within 3 hours I'm back to doing the same thing I would be doing on my PC. Watching movies ect.... So my question is to those out there that have been using Mac for a while what else is there to do on a mac?

Isn't it bliss not having to run virus scans, spyware scans, malware scans, defrag ect ect . . .

I don't have the newest Mac (I'm stuck on my old Mac OS 7.6.1 which lies in the basement),

but I've already read the manual of a Macbook + Leopard and there are lots of interesting things to do. So yeah, explore your Mac to the deepest, find nice programs, test everything,...

Enjoy your Mac!

In the end, it is still a computer (as lostspyder said lol).

Ah, but you're stupidly experienced at it :P

For the best effect, you should rip all the resources from your own copy of leopard, and replace them painstakingly. No using windowblinds, you have reshacker and that's it.

Oh, and you have to make your own skins for skinnable programs. And code your own dock (Has to be pixel perfect, so reflections and everything)

For the best effect, you should rip all the resources from your own copy of leopard, and replace them painstakingly. No using windowblinds, you have reshacker and that's it.

Oh, and you have to make your own skins for skinnable programs. And code your own dock (Has to be pixel perfect, so reflections and everything)

Dude that would take months.

Well, if you plug it into a 240V socket instead of a paltry 110V one, 71 naked girls will come into your room and hold you and the iMac aloft while you type on it.

Yes, it's a computer. You'll be back to doing the same sort of stuff that you did on a PC, obviously. If you don't want it, ship it here. I'll pay for shipping.

Open up Safari, turn on private browsing, and enjoy hassle, virrus & guilt free p**n. ;)

(ohh you know its true, its the reason u got a mac)

than once you've downloaded all your "p**n", open disk utility and make a new encrypted disk image to store it all it. that way no nosey girl friend will find out your bazar passion for midgets, horses and aqua man.