Reflect Demo

Hi. First post here at Aqua-soft.

The name is Solo. I write apps. I have been doing so for the past, oh 25+ years.

Anyway, About a month ago i released an app that would put an active reflection on your desktop, and Lord Devrexter asked me to make a simple app that would reflect docks, and i was kinda busy at the time, so i could not.

well, i see that montoya release one, so i went in, modded my original app (in like 30 minutes...) and made this small demo.

http://solo-dev.deviantart.com/art/Reflect-Demo-92444970

the download is also there too.

please ignore the ego in that post, eventually coding for 48 hours in a row, with Jolt Cola and super chunky chocolate chips will affect your mind.

Thanks! I look forward to visiting here more, and releasing my applications of unholy terror ... um.. er.... i mean releasing more apps here too. :D

Solo

lol! good luck on that! it is hard enough to find around here as it is!

i ACTUALLY have three bottle of unopened Surge in my closet that i am saving for when i HAVE got to have a project done... and i am down to 5 cans of Jolt.

congrats on the start of this Solo. :)

Just out of curiosity, how easy would it be for you to make a new window shadowing app for windows XP to replace YzShadow's current reign as the sole means to achieve such window dressings?

The goals might be:

~ to improve on YzShadow's performance (by that I mean, the program was last updated, what, 7 years ago? there's gotta be greater knowledge out there for implementing an improved program such as this by now.)

~ to allow for shadows on the top edge of a window, not just for the left, right, bottom edges as is currently with YzShadow.

~ subtle effects, like the fading in and out of shadows when a window is opened, moved, etc.

~ allow for exceptions, like YzShadow does of course.

~ maybe build the reflections option into this app?

What do you think? Is this too tall an order?