CheckMail Docklet for ObjectDock

Smaky

Thanks... I will update the docklet with them... they should be 16x16 could come in ico, bmp, png or any other imge format (supported by GDI+), I will update the icon config dialog to let the user update them too.

16 x 16 icons choose what works.....

Icons

What about the context menu... do you prefer it to show all the items active, or it is better to disable those for which there are no mails available?

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks... I will update the docklet with them... they should be 16x16 could come in ico, bmp, png or any other imge format (supported by GDI+), I will update the icon config dialog to let the user update them too.

What about the context menu... do you prefer it to show all the items active, or it is better to disable those for which there are no mails available?

Yeah in the context menu make it show all the configured mails but disable not hide, the mail accounts in which they have no mail

Ooops... sorry, I believe I did not read thoroughfully, sorry for that... nevertheless... the only docklet environment I really know is the one from OD, which does not support running indicators... again, if you would like to help me out and research a bit on that (maybe get some sample code or links I would gladly review them and try to implement that functionallity.

um I'm not talking about RKLauncher, I'm talking about rocketdock which is totally compatiable with Objectdock docklets so rocketdock doesn't really need a SDK

Wow! Never noticed that before! You are both completely right. It creates a small triangle under the docklet when the program is running...

well back to school (SDK?), since I started coding docklets 3 months ago that never caught my attention... sorry. I will need to revisit the docs to find out how to activate the running indicator.

Thanks

fedroponce if you go into Object Docks preferences there should be a "Show 'running' indicators on active shortcuts". If you look in the programs folder there should be a folder called Running Indicators. This is what he is talking about.
Ghostwalker...

I tried the context menu icons.. you sent, but I'm afraid they need to jave a more contrasting color scheme to be easily readable from the menu.

Now the docklet supports configuring these images.. so you can test'em out until you are satisfied.

i'll see when i fiddle around w/it hey did u ever get to adding IMAP and HTTP comptiablity

If this will make you feel better Outlook is getting my messages mixed up also. Three different accounts yet it placed them all under one account. I really think gmails pop is having a problem I think I will remove them from Outlook tomorrow and add them back as an IMAP account and see if that works better. The totals were right though, the docklet showed a total of 20 and Outlook had 20.

In Object Dock Plus if you make the mouse over(zoom effect) icon size 192 pixels the context menu will not display. I don't usually have my effect that large but I thought you should know. Also not to be picky or anything but the correct english would be something like "You have 3 messages in your Inbox" and if you only had one it would be "You have 1 message in your Inbox" and if there were none "There are no messages in your Inbox" don't know if that would be a problem to code but I thought I would let you know, heck it's your docklet I could live with it if it was in spanish. And the context menu seems to be working fine I will have you some new icons soon, also working on gMail and Yahoo icons with animations. Actually the gMail icon is in my sig made it for a Widget last year.

In Object Dock Plus if you make the mouse over(zoom effect) icon size 192 pixels the context menu will not display. I don't usually have my effect that large but I thought you should know. Also not to be picky or anything but the correct english would be something like "You have 3 messages in your Inbox" and if you only had one it would be "You have 1 message in your Inbox" and if there were none "There are no messages in your Inbox" don't know if that would be a problem to code but I thought I would let you know, heck it's your docklet I could live with it if it was in spanish. And the context menu seems to be working fine I will have you some new icons soon, also working on gMail and Yahoo icons with animations.

howd did u get the yahoo mail to work?

howd did u get the yahoo mail to work?

You cannot without a paid service (not ssl anyway) but fedroponce can so I thought he and anyone outside of the US that uses Yahoo might like it. There are ways to get Yahoo mail count because I'm using a firefox extension that gets it. And Yahoo widgets has a default Yahoo Mail Widget that retrieves it also.

You cannot without a paid service (not ssl anyway) but fedroponce can so I thought he and anyone outside of the US that uses Yahoo might like it. There are ways to get Yahoo mail count because I'm using a firefox extension that gets it. And Yahoo widgets has a default Yahoo Mail Widget that retrieves it also.

damn, well wat is it like $30 a month or something an wats so special about it

Nothing I can remember when they were all free. Microsoft was the first to start milking us and Yahoo followed. After Google came along I thought they would change but I guess they have enough people that pay that they can still get away with it.

pff I know watcha mean and is gmail a good emial provider and do u have to pay for pop3 I cant get any of my mail accounts to work with the docklet, I have MSN(HTTP Hotmail), AOL ( I think it's IMAP) and Yahoo! Mail (since I'm in the US I have a free account also I think it's IMAP).

Well guys... I will try to implement IMAP & HTML access to accounts... it's just that right now I do not have the time to reseach on those protocols... I'm almost in deployment phase at work so I got only between 12:00 and 1:00 am to work on the docklet... so it might get some time... but, well... the docklets aren't for me only....

Any links to widgets or info on those implementation would be very appreciated... thanks for your feedback & patience.

This is odd... the previews I posted were taken from a 256 configured icon size (I have this at my development VM)... could you post a screenshot so I can make some tests?

In Object Dock Plus if you make the mouse over(zoom effect) icon size 192 pixels the context menu will not display.

Anyway... I have fixes my english (I hope)... I will be includying these in my next update.

¿Could you please?

Outlook works that way you can check any one particular account or all accounts.There is javascript code that can access gMail and get the total unread count but I did not mention it earlier because I thought you would rather code everything to work one way(pop3). I use this code in Yahoo Widgets, it does not use ssl if you are interested in that code just let me know and I will send it to you. And of course gMail also has free IMAP support.