• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The icons are pretty ****ed up and the edge of the dock is very rough. :/

The reflections are nice though.

You can try my skin, there are smoother borders. http://www.file2go.net/view/7fdf1a4248

Well, the idea is nice, but when I tried to add a stack to 'My pictures' many error windows began to pop-up, I had to close the dock :S The error said, violation on writing Win32

I tried it, isn't giving me an error :/

Well, the idea is nice, but when I tried to add a stack to 'My pictures' many error windows began to pop-up, I had to close the dock :S The error said, violation on writing Win32

Same thing happened but this version is beta do I didn't mind that.

This dock has ALOT potential with the reflections and built in stacks, please continue working on it BOBAH.

Same thing happened but this version is beta do I didn't mind that.

This dock has ALOT potential with the reflections and built in stacks, please continue working on it BOBAH.

Agreed, for a BETA is very handy :) Can't wait until most of it's bug are fixed, it maybe the greatest OSX dock emulator of all (Until now ;) )

Hi, I did a unzipper for .smxd skin files (for version 2.0 / 2.5 of Mac OS X Dock Leopard for Windows).

I wrote this tool because no skin sources are supplied with the dock or the skin compile tool. Now you can convert a .smxd file to it's sources (.png files + corresponding Config.txt).

Downloadable at:

http://matias.securityconsultant.com.ar/SMXDUnzipper.rar

Tested the unzipper by: unzipping Skin.smxd file, then compiling with skin compile tool and comparing the original .smxd file and the compiled one. They turned to be identical.

Edit:

Oh BTW congratulations bobah for writing this great app! I'll stay tuned to see how does it turn. ;)

Edit:

If you reorder the Config.txt entries before using the skin compiler (in any order different from the one used for the Default skin) then the unzipper will fail to properly name each .png :P (won't be fixed anyway because bobah said the skin format would change for version 3.0, so, anyway...)

Hi. If it's necessary, I'll add a flag, into skin compiler, to get sources files ( .png ).

I fixed a lot of bugs in a new version 3.0, but I'm not going to publish it yet. Stack is being showed faster. A lot of interesting parameters were added. I think, when I'll finish learning English, I"ll be able to wrtie here more :)

bobah. first of, great start to this dock. Looking forward to seeing this project taking over where rocketdock/objectdock left off. You might want to look at rocketdock for prioritizing your feature set.

Some things to begin with

1. Running apps on dock (indicator for running apps, minimized apps, counter if more than one instance of the app is running etc)

2. zoom effect on mouseover (personally i dont care for this but you'll get this request several times over)

3. size customization. currently the dock is quite large in size. options to increase reduce size.

4. user icons for well icons

5. positioning of the dock, top bottom left right etc.. also, positioning from the edge of the screen etc.

again, look at the options docketdock provides by default.

things ive noticed

1. stacks explorer puts the first item icon on the stack icon. looks quite bad.

2. when a stack it open, click elsewhere does not close the stack. i have to select something from the stack.

thanks again for the beta.