XWindows Dock v5.2.3

BOBAH13

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Panta, the default skin is working fine, isn't it? Did you try to compare the source-files of the 1px-skin with the source-files of the default?

Hi atreiu, thanks for trying to help me!

Yep, the default skin works fine, and I have already inspected my skins closely but there's nothing wrong with them, except that they use transparency. I know transparency is not recommended but at times you just can't have decent backgrounds without using it; besides, there is no point not using it, as it's a standard PNG feature...

I have already migrated to v5.0 and the problem is still there. I have even narrowed the detection of the problem down and now I'm sure the problem resides at the dock's algorithm so, IF bobah is still interested in fixing it I can give him more info (you know, feedback must be two way...)

The border for activation (when in background) should be like 1px, not the height of the dock... i don't know if i make my point.

I'm talking when you have a maximized window and the dock is in the background.

Yes, this has been already reported but seems to have received no attention up to now... :(

What's needed is that the dock shows up only if the mouse pointer is moved to the screen border, and only after a certain time being there; I don't get why a timer for hiding the dock is needed, as other docks don't behave like that, hiding itself immediately upon moving the pointer off of it...

i Mod All skin for XWindows Dock v5.0

40 Skins~~~

Included aqua-soft and www.themex.net all the skin.

Skin-1

3D Hud Dock.smxd

99507.smxd

Aele 3D.smxd

Alu Curve 3D.smxd

AluCurved3d.smxd

Skin-2

alulight.smxd

Aurora.smxd

Black Pearl.smxd

Blackest Leopard.smxd

Blue Glass 2.smxd

Skin-3

Chrono.smxd

Dark Knight.smxd

Dash.smxd

Skin-4

Depth Dock.smxd

Disco Blue.smxd

Disco Green.smxd

Disco Purple.smxd

Disco Yellow.smxd

Duck Dock.smxd

Float Ocean.smxd

Skin-5

Blue Glass.smxd

Glam.smxd

Glare Dock.smxd

Glasig Dock.smxd

Glass 2.smxd

Glass Dock.smxd

skins-6

Glass.smxd

GlossyBlack.smxd

ICE.smxd

Ikea Hylla.smxd

Integrated Dock.smxd

Leopard.smxd

NewDockIce.smxd

skins-7

Mac OS X Leopard.smxd

MetalLeo.smxd

NewLeo.smxd

Teledock.smxd

Vista Leonida Glass 3D[bg1-fat].smxd

Vista Leonida Glass 3D[bg1-lite].smxd

Wood.smxd

done.

post-86344-1226205349_thumb.jpg

post-89-1226205349_thumb.jpg

post-89-1226205350_thumb.jpg

skins-1.zip

skins-2.zip

skins-3.zip

skins-4.zip

skins-5.zip

skins-6.zip

skins-7.zip

Hi Bobah13

I'm literally in love with this

I was wondering if you could do a little favor

Maybe in that stacks "MENU" or LIST as they call it, i was wondering if there can be an option, where you can scroll through, the entire list...

Sorry For double post, but I do second this guy's request, it would be really helpful to others :)

but if it's not needed, then don't worry about it =]

Sorry For double post, but I do second this guy's request, it would be really helpful to others :)

but if it's not needed, then don't worry about it =]

How come it's not needed, siik? The way it's now I'm able to show up to 37 items only (at my resolution: 1280x800) with no scrolling or menu folding support... It's a good addition but at its 'current incarnation' it's not that useful.

@BOBAH13,

There is problem with the 2D Skin of this Dock, wish you fix it!

I think the pic I just uploaded shows everything...

why did you decide it's bug ? It's not bug because I wrote this ;) and why do I should copy from RKLauncher ?

5.0 genie effect takes much longer to initiate than 4.8, any ideas as to how to speed it up?

because the dock scans image of window and deletes useless spaces.

@iGod: it seems that you've swaped 'StackOff' and 'StackOn' PNGs at your skins. Is this on purpose?

Edit:

Scratch that!! :slant:

With v5.0 StackOff.png is being copied from the skin to 'Current' directory, but only after restarting the dock, whenever a skin is changed,... :(

why did you decide it's bug ? It's not bug because I wrote this ;) and why do I should copy from RKLauncher ?

... ... I don't think that is a bug,:P.

I wanna port a Mac OS X Dock skin for this dock just like the RK Launcher style that I showed, but the seperator of the 2D skin is always short, I've tried my best to make the break.png file.

So I wonder if you could do something to make it OK!

I want a perfect imatation of the Original Mac OS X Dock, so please help me to make it come true!

@ALL: I read, that a iCal-Docklet was suggest many times here. What das this should docklet do? I don't know apple and iCal is a complete calendar-application, i think... Some screenshot would be nice, too ;-) I can't promise that I will do it, I have to take a look how complicate it is, first...

So please give me info! :-)

Hi atreiu,

as you're willing to create some good docklets, may I suggest one that I find useful too? It'd be a clone to an ObjectDock docklet, ExitWindows by Yanko Yankov:

ExitWindows Docklet by Yanko Yankov

Purpose
~~~~~~~

Each instance of this docklet serves as a button which when pressed does one of the following actions:
- Power Off - Shuts down the system and turns off the power. The system must support the power-off feature.
- Shut Down - Shuts down the system to a point at which it is safe to turn off the power. All file buffers have been flushed to disk, and all running processes have stopped.
- Restart - Shuts down the system and then restarts the system.
- Log Off - Shuts down all processes running in the current logon session. Then it logs the user off.
- Lock/Switch user - This function has the same result as pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del and clicking Lock Workstation. To unlock the workstation, the user must log in.
- Stand By - Switches the system in stand-by mode.
- Hibernate - hibernates the machine.

Usage
~~~~~

Push the button! :)

Please send questions and/or comments at [EMAIL="yyankov@gmail.com"]yyankov@gmail.com[/EMAIL] or even better in the wincustomize page for the ExitWindows docklet which currently resides at:

[URL]http://wincustomize.com/ViewSkin.aspx?SkinID=8403&LibID=29&comments=1[/URL]

So, what do you think about it?

I really dislike the amount of time it takes to start minimizing an item to the dock. It totally kills usability. :(

Edit: I do like how a number of my bugs were fixed though :) but now I'm not sure which version to use...

Edit2: I'm gonna go with 4.8 for now. I minimize things quite often, and 5.0 broke the feature I mainly use...

Hi atreiu,

as you're willing to create some good docklets, may I suggest one that I find useful too? It'd be a clone to an ObjectDock docklet, ExitWindows by Yanko Yankov:

ExitWindows Docklet by Yanko Yankov

Purpose

~~~~~~~

Each instance of this docklet serves as a button which when pressed does one of the following actions:

- Power Off - Shuts down the system and turns off the power. The system must support the power-off feature.

- Shut Down - Shuts down the system to a point at which it is safe to turn off the power. All file buffers have been flushed to disk, and all running processes have stopped.

- Restart - Shuts down the system and then restarts the system.

- Log Off - Shuts down all processes running in the current logon session. Then it logs the user off.

- Lock/Switch user - This function has the same result as pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del and clicking Lock Workstation. To unlock the workstation, the user must log in.

- Stand By - Switches the system in stand-by mode.

- Hibernate - hibernates the machine.

Usage

~~~~~

Push the button! :)

Please send questions and/or comments at [EMAIL="yyankov@gmail.com"]yyankov@gmail.com[/EMAIL] or even better in the wincustomize page for the ExitWindows docklet which currently resides at:

[URL]http://wincustomize.com/ViewSkin.aspx?SkinID=8403&LibID=29&comments=1[/URL]

So, what do you think about it?

It doesn't take a docklet to do that. This can all be done without docklets.