XWindows Dock v5.2.3

BOBAH13

What is slow? Animation? A Docklet? Startup? Show/Hide? Stacks?

I guess the animation. The interaction with the mouse overall; mouse over and scroll-through the dock has a very slow response. Not like other docks ive tried (RKl, OD, RD).

my laptop is pretty new (this summer), so i dont think it has to do with hardware...

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What do you think of these logo design?

Looks sweet

But I have few things about it:

1. Label "windows dock" will be looks very small. So will need to set the icon size to 64 or higher to see what is the white line on 2 intersected rings? Nobody will do this (except, maybe, some guys, who have 40" panel in place of display)

2. And 3D design not intersect with default theme.

Anyway: Really good icon. I like it :)

Looks sweet

1. Label "windows dock" will be looks very small. So will need to set the icon size to 64 or higher to see what is the white line on 2 intersected rings? Nobody will do this (except, maybe, some guys, who have 40" panel in place of display)

Absolutely true. I second every word.

Looks sweet

those white lines are the result of light hitting the areas.....basic lighting principal.

see how the intersection is bright, while the back isnt?

its because the light hits it.

sit down, take a shiny metal strip, and point one side to the light, you will see that white line.

fobm4ster

;) I think he was talking about the white "Xwindowsdock" , that in a normal monitor will look rather like a thin white line (with the icons set to a normal size, too).

That said: I think the icon makes for a great "X" , and ...I kind of like the 3D thing about it..

post-61810-1228341323_thumb.jpg

e when will leave the new version there dock? date?

e ai quando sairá a nova versão da dock? data?

I guess you don't know any English since you used a translator. The dock has no release date yet. Please donate to Bobah if you want him to continue working on it, or visit the website when it is created.

those white lines are the result of light hitting the areas.....basic lighting principal.

see how the intersection is bright, while the back isnt?

its because the light hits it.

sit down, take a shiny metal strip, and point one side to the light, you will see that white line.

I am not talking about the quality of performance, work with light, glare, reflection and realistic facilities physics :)

I say only that sees the end-user if he does not use icons more than 64px.

i just downloaded the Dock but i dont know how to get the preview of pics. I saw the screenshot on the first post and though it was really cool. Have you removed that feature?

I told you should click and wait for previews window :) you can click on images or videos files... it's very easy

Where do i click??

Sorry mate, i got it :) stupid me.

GREAT DOCK!!! it really is something.

great job :)

You have to click and hold(!) mouse button pressed on a image-file in the stack. Wait about 2 sec, till the preview window appears, then let the mouse button go.

PS: You have set your image-filetypes in the options, have you? Should be something like "Pictures: .bmp;.jpg;.jpeg;.png;.gif;".

Yep, its all working perfectly now.

Thanks for the help.

Wait a minute, I cant get any .flv files to preview.

Any ideas why? when i click and hold them all i get is the black preview box for a second, then it goes away. On one of the files, i get a noise that sounds like the movie is being fast forwarded.

It depends on what codecs you installed. ;) it works in my pc :)

what's with all these so called "logo's" everyone's making/praising

a logo must be:

- simple

- easy to reconize on small/medium/large sizes

- have a black and white version

- possibly include the name, but you can also aim for a unique logo that's directly associated with your product

also, a logo is NOT an image, a logo is not something with a background included, a logo is a symbol which can later be used on any background, a logo is in most cases not in a square shape.

i can easily make some fancy 3D stuff too, but please work with illustrator/photoshop and make some serious logo designs and waste your time making other fancy stuff