XWindows Dock v5.2.3

BOBAH13

Well, the update is great. Quite a nice step forward with the updated preferences dialog. And I like the new magnification :)

Keep up the great work bobah...but focus on your studies first...they have to have first priority ;) We don't want you to ruin your life by putting to much effort into this dock :)

@all: I keep getting an error when pressing Win+M (all windows being minimized). Anybody else with this issue?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, the update is great. Quite a nice step forward with the updated preferences dialog. And I like the new magnification :)

Keep up the great work bobah...but focus on your studies first...they have to have first priority ;) We don't want you to ruin your life by putting to much effort into this dock :)

@all: I keep getting an error when pressing Win+M (all windows being minimized). Anybody else with this issue?

Try win+D instead. I know you're probably not used to it, but it's faster anyhow.

p.s. Could anyone possibly make a startmenu docklet?

Here are some programs you can launch from the dock to open the start menu: http://rocketdock.com/addon/docklets/4694 Look around, this can be done without a docklet.

To all the guys, asking for Matongas Stack:

I just stumbled upon a standalone-version of Matongas Stack. I don't know, on which version it is based or if it can be updated etc. (Matonga, can you tell us something about that?), but it is working with XWD. You have to read and follow the instructions, to get it run!!! (It's not that easy...)

Anyway, i guess that's the only alternative to the build in Stacks, right now:

http://www.chrisnsoft.com/standalonestack/

post-90085-1229401744_thumb.png

To all the guys, asking for Matongas Stack:

I just stumbled upon a standalone-version of Matongas Stack. I don't know, on which version it is based or if it can be updated etc. (Matonga, can you tell us something about that?), but it is working with XWD. You have to read and follow the instructions, to get it run!!! (It's not that easy...)

Anyway, i guess that's the only alternative to the build in Stacks, right now:

http://www.chrisnsoft.com/standalonestack/

Cool, I've seen that some time before. However, I'm pretty sure it's a version before the stack got significantly better :P. Bobah's stacks are probably way better than these stand alone ones.

Perhaps if someone makes a standalone of the latest stack... That would be cool :D

Edit: The main problem then, would be the auto-generation of stack icons... Then again, perhaps that can be arranged if a stand-alone program is compiled :D I know the latest matonga stacks are able to render stack images. Then all it takes is for whoever compiles it to set the program icon to the icon matonga's stack renders. If I'm making this sound too simple, please tell me.

@everyone: I don't know why you're complaining about Bobah's stacks... They look fine to me.

Cool, I've seen that some time before. However, I'm pretty sure it's a version before the stack got significantly better :P. Bobah's stacks are probably way better than these stand alone ones.

Perhaps if someone makes a standalone of the latest stack... That would be cool :D

Edit: The main problem then, would be the auto-generation of stack icons... Then again, perhaps that can be arranged if a stand-alone program is compiled :D I know the latest matonga stacks are able to render stack images. Then all it takes is for whoever compiles it to set the program icon to the icon matonga's stack renders. If I'm making this sound too simple, please tell me.

@everyone: I don't know why you're complaining about Bobah's stacks... They look fine to me.

Same problem as i wrote before: it's not a matter of HOW or WHAT can/should be done (we all have enough ideas), it's a matter of WHO does it... :-/

Hey BOBAH13 !

I just love the new sounds addon, i was requestin that when i was using rocketdock, but, now, you got it!

Believe me... this is THE DOCK!

Keep it like that, we know you have much more to share! Congs again!!!

If anybody else likes this feature, check out new theme with sounds :)

Hey!! o Xmail esta conpativel com o XWD 5.2.2?????

se estiver como se configura?? eu tenho o G-mail mas não consegui configura-lo!!!!!

HELLLPP-MEE!!!!!!!!!!!

English please, anyway, yes, Xmail is working with XWD 5.2.2., just copy from old installation to new.

Try win+D instead. I know you're probably not used to it, but it's faster anyhow.

Of course I'm used to this popular and useful shortcut, but thats not the point of my question ;-) If you are like me trying to emulate the Leopard interface then you just can't get around Exposé or his pendant Switcher. (I think I mentioned it a few times already, I'm sry :P )

So what does Switcher do?

If you configure Switcher to use one corner of the screen as a hotspot to hide all visible windows when hovering at it, you will recieve an error message from XWD.

Why Win+M then?

Because Win+M results in the same error.

So I guess there has to be a connection between XWD, Win+M and Switcher ;-) And therefore I hope that solving the problem with Win+M also solves the issue with Switcher.

Actually this tiny little bug is the only reason I can't use XWD while working. I need to hide my windows very often and I just don't want to use Win+D because:

1. it's rather uncool

2. it's less comfortable then sliding the cursor into one corner ;-)

3. all items on my desktop (like IM, XWD and AveDesk) vanish when using this shortcut

To contribute something to this issue:

I assume by now, that this problems is caused by an overload of the genie "engine". My suggestion would therefore be to disable any minimization effect when pressing shortcuts like Win+M or Win+D.

I just recognize that I've never tried it with default minimization effect. :-| Give me a minute ;-)

€dit: Alrite, using the default minimization results in the same error.

"Access violation at adress 7374247B in module 'gdiplus.dd'. Read of adress 00000D64."

What a pitty :(