XWindows Dock v5.2.3

BOBAH13

No, it's not a question of an effect. The minimize and restore effect work great.

I'll explain step by step :

1- Start Firefox from the icon in the dock ( now firefox is running )

2- Now I minimize my firefox page ( genie effect to the dock )

3- Now I want to restore my Firefox page : there is where my problem.

I want to restore my minimized firefox page and clicking the firefox program icon in the dock. ( step 1 )

Sorry for my english

Julien

Oh dude that's what you meant. You can't restore application from dock. But if you turn "Minimize to Dock" off, then you will be able to. But for now there is no restoring minimized application from the dock by clicking it's icon, sorry.

Maybe that will be in the next update though.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1. see all running apps with possibility exclude them (for example if I dont have notepad in dock and open it, i want to see it in dock. When I close it, it dissapears from dock)

Great work man

Yes, that would be pretty cool. Take all apps that show up in task manager, and put their icons on the dock when they're open. When they minimize, make it so that clicking on the icon restores all instances of that app currently minimized into dock.

That would be cool as hell. (Though equally useless)

Come on.... are you guys crazy? :D This is what makes Object Dock sick, go to Apple Store and look at real dock, you don't have that kind of sh*t, this is what makes biggest mess and Microsoft invented that in their taskbar. :D If you want, ask Bobah, but only as an option! I love the way it works now, that it JUST minimizes to dock :)

Come on.... are you guys crazy? :D This is what makes Object Dock sick, go to Apple Store and look at real dock, you don't have that kind of sh*t, this is what makes biggest mess and Microsoft invented that in their taskbar. :D If you want, ask Bobah, but only as an option! I love the way it works now, that it JUST minimizes to dock :)

As much as I want to agree with you, the real mac dock does have all that and more.

On a side note: the dock shouldn't resize itself when you mouseover. Right now, it's doing this wobble thing.

As much as I want to agree with you, the real mac dock does have all that and more.

On a side note: the dock shouldn't resize itself when you mouseover. Right now, it's doing this wobble thing.

Dude, I had the same problem at first but then I found that it all has to do with your dock icon size.

Check out my desktop to see.

post-84755-1229828194_thumb.jpg

I don't know if this has been suggested but the "Open" icon on grid and fan views should not change in size when one increases the size of whatever you have on your stacks, it should be a fixed image, don't know if is possible but I personally like using grid view with large icons and once you go pass 48x48 that image starts looking like crap.

Bobah you should look into that when you got the time :)

So what's already done:

1. All text in the dock are using "Tahoma" font and it's now smoother

2. Option to use folder from skin or from Windows

3. Option to stack opened icon jump

4. Change anlge of stack's fan

5. Exclude list of minimizing windows

6. New animation of stacks (grid and fan). Now I'm using sinus to make them smoother and more beautiful :)

and I think on the next week I'll have got my personal card and at the end I'll open my paypal account... so just wait for the new realese version 5.3.3 :)

So what's already done:

1. All text in the dock are using "Tahoma" font and it's now smoother

2. Option to use folder from skin or from Windows

3. Option to stack opened icon jump

4. Change anlge of stack's fan

5. Exclude list of minimizing windows

6. New animation of stacks (grid and fan). Now I'm using sinus to make them smoother and more beautiful :)

and I think on the next week I'll have got my personal card and at the end I'll open my paypal account... so just wait for the new realese version 5.3.3 :)

What about the "more smoothness issue like rocketdock"?

Great, Vladimir! I'm waiting like for a new version of kid's most liked game, I can't explain it :D Please. Why Tahoma. Lucida Grande maybe? :P

And please tell how is your advance with programming of animation of zooming items and are you planning to include mirror effect for windows which are over dock?

I tryed several times to make mirror effect of winodws which over the dock... but it's difficult and I can't do it works fast and smoother. May be in future I'll make it...

I wouldn't do window reflections - unless you're under Vista, and can leverage the DWM*, it's way too slow. However, wallpaper reflections could be generated at runtime, and wouldn't need much power at all for a quite spectacular effect ;)

Matonga's app with DWM: 13% CPU, smooth as butter, Matonga's app without DWM: 100% CPU, stutter stutter stutter.

@Bobah13, by any chance, for version 5.3.3, were you able to include any bug fixes? Or will it be more feature release focused?

The only show stopper for installing your dock on PCs of friends and families is the minimize window bug mentioned here.. http://www.aqua-soft.org/board/showpost.ph...&postcount=2268

When the windows get 'stuck,' it really confuses the hell outta them ;)