XWindows Dock v5.2.3

BOBAH13

1. Yes, as far as I know, all available Docklets are working fine with 5.2.3. (Not sure about XClock, didn't tried it)

2. Both Skins are working fine with XP, they are called "Leopard" because they look like the dock on Mac OS.

I did install the leopard folder first in the Xwindow dock folder and found out it didn't work after I restarted it and then I re installed into the skins folder and restarted it with out any show of skins What am I doing wrong ?

3. You can change most of the Icons in the dock by right-click on the icon, then choose "Edit". Then click on the "change"-Button and navigate to your png-file you want to use. However, there are some Icons you can't change: Folder Icons, Trash-Can icons, Stackon/off icons and some others depend on the theme you are using and can not be changed by users, yet. And Stacks need a special treatment: rightclick on the Icon for the stack, choose Stack-Icon -> change.

Thanks for the info can I just copy the folder that I have for the Calender and weather docklet from one folder to the next I have two xwindows folders one an earlier version with the calender and weather docklets installed. Can I copy the docklets folders over to the new version's docklets folder

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

atreiu: No, you are not quite right ;) Folder icons you can change... ;) also I added optiont to change offset of icon's shadow and its transparent value

and please try to work at settings not from ini and from XDocklet = class.

Uh? Sorry, I missed that! Where can I change the Folder icons inside a Stack? BTW: changing both recycle-bin icons (empty & full) would be nice, too ;)

About the setting.ini: As I said, i already tried it a lot, but failed (because i get "Exception"-Warnings) :D Anyway, next time i update one of my Docklets, i will try it again... one last time... if it doesn't work then, I will wait for other Docklet-Developers to give me a hint, what i am doing wrong :P

Thanks for the info can I just copy the folder that I have for the Calender and weather docklet from one folder to the next I have two xwindows folders one an earlier version with the calender and weather docklets installed. Can I copy the docklets folders over to the new version's docklets folder

No, that will get you into trouble. Please do a fresh install (or delete all settings.ini - Files inside the Docklets subfolders). This is related with the problem about i wrote above, so I'm working on it, but it might take a long time...

About the "Leopard"-Problem: it's certainly Dennis (the designer), who can help you out here... I myself didn't used his installer, but just copied the xmsd-file to the skin-folder. But that is not the intended use of this theme, i guess ;)

Edit:

Hmm...I need some glasses :)

The problem for that docklets is that settings.ini path was not quite the right..;)

But still don;t shows the icons :( Hmmmm

This is caused by a combination of two problems in my docklets:

First problem: my docklets have no rule for "didn't find the Icon-File". And without the icon file, you get into big problems, because you can't click nowhere to change the icon (you're trapped, hehe :D). Instead of painting no Icon (an empty space), it just should paint the default icon, and everything would be okay.

Second problem: The ini-file. Bobah already implemented a way to store the settings in the XWD-Settings file directly. This would make updating, moving etc. much more easier. But I couldn't get this to work, yet. Well, I try to fix this, but it would be a lot easier, if there would be other Docklet-Developers to chat with... And I'm kind of frustrated about many many fails to fix this, so I don't know, when to try it again.

Conclusion: Be patient till I fixed the problems, meanwhile, just follow my instructions: do a fresh reinstall of my Docklet every time you update my Docklets, every time you change the path to XWindowsDock or every time something is not working right. Just copying the Docklets folder will not work. ;)

PS: "Fresh reinstall" means: delete the docklets-.dll and the corresponding folder, before you reinstall it.

Atreiu: Got it man!

After many fails..i will leave those docklets until u discover a way to make them workin' :)

PS: Don;t forget to put an eye to my latest skins ;) Thanx guys

Ermmm, it doesn't work, even with a fresh reinstall?! That would be something new to me! Still no Icon shows up? Can you send me a ZIP of your XWindowsDock/Docklets/ - Folder with all its contents? A download link via PM would be nice :)

shishimaru: BottomReflection, it's not that you selected, it's under orange selection ;) (where black line....) you select pixeles which will be skip from bottom to top on the panel. I think you understand me :)

Mattey: if I add this option then I must use another icon for stack... and where will I get it ? :)

Sorry if I didn't explain well myself. But it seems that you didn't understand my request.

I just want the stacks NOT to change their icon when they're clicked!!!

A little question:

Do I have to repack (update) my skins for next release? Is there any change in the "Config.txt"?
Hope this helps :)

Oh! Sorry for size of it :o

Thank you

Thanks very much for the helpful info and reply! Kewl I have got it working now. I have made a couple of skins but the dock icon reflections extend over the edge of the dock, I will tweaky with the "BottomReflection" setting and size perspective of the dock to see how to fix this. I also notice the "Drawas=" setting on my Config.txt says "stretch" and you recommend "tile" .... I'll mess around with them and report back!!

thanks again very much for the reply and info

wkc

im having problems with the theme thing!

ive made a theme b4 but now whenever i even try and make the same theme over with the same

pngs and everything it makes it, and doesnt show up in the list of themeees!

ive tried doznes of times 2 do it but it wonttt |:

anybody know how i cna fix this?

edit: never mind answer was on the page b4 lol

Hi all... so if you want to donate you can go to any bank and put money into my card: [...]

please if somebody sends then tell me what else I must publish and what is not needed..... thanks all, it's my last hope :)

What kind of card, is this? A credit card, right? VISA? MasterCard?

I think it's risky Vladimir!!! I really suggest to you to delete it and look for a workaround...

let's think of a better solution for this situation all together guys.

As far as i know, to abuse a Creditcard, you need the Number and the Date of Expiration. The Number is quite difficult to guess, but Bobah, you gave it out. The Date could be guessed far more easy, that's the problem.

But if you check your account every few weeks, you should be able to callback wrong transactions.

Anyway, this isn't a good situation here.

Two possible and secure Solutions for you, Bobah:

a) Don't you know somebody you can trust, outside the ukraine? Someone else could open an PayPal-Account and transfer the money to you (you can give the credit-card info to this trusted person).

B) I did research in the internet, and found other people from the ukraine with your problem. They said, it's possible to open a bank account in a country which is supported by Paypal, and then create a Paypal Account on this foreign Bank account. But I guess this is more complicated than a)...

The list with Paypal-Support for the countries is here: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_...ntries-outside&

Anybody with other ideas out there?

im not sure if this problem has been brought up, but when you activate window reflection, it not only reflects the windows, but the dock reflects itself...as in behind the icons if you look, there is another reflection, so the icons have 2 reflections, which kind of kill the dock

hmm, not in xp sp2, at least.

Hi everybody, here's a proof of concept on what i'm currently working:

It's not a real Docklet right now, it does nothing but demonstrate the ability and look of animated Icons. I will turn it into a useful Docklet, soon. Then you will be able to launch any program by click on the icon.

First reason why i want to give you this small preview is, that I just love how the animation is reflected and i wanted to show this to you. :)

Second reason is, that I'm a really lame photoshopper, so maybe some of the designers here might prepare some nice Animations for us? I need the frames in different .pngs of the same size (I suggest 256x256px?) . Please name them frame1.png, frame2.png etc...

Take a look at my sloppy sample animation (a rotating snowflake) in the Docklets/XAniIcon/-Folder, to see what i mean... you can choose as many frames as you need.

It would be cool, if I could ship some nice animations with the first official release of the Docklet. ;)

PS: Installation like always: extract the content of the .zip to the /XWindowsDock/Docklets/ - Folder

XAniIcon.zip

post-90085-1231180074_thumb.png

Hi everybody, here's a proof of concept on what i'm currently working:

It's not a real Docklet right now, it does nothing but demonstrate the ability and look of animated Icons. I will turn it into a useful Docklet, soon. Then you will be able to launch any program by click on the icon.

First reason why i want to give you this small preview is, that I just love how the animation is reflected and i wanted to show this to you. :)

Second reason is, that I'm a really lame photoshopper, so maybe some of the designers here might prepare some nice Animations for us? I need the frames in different .pngs of the same size (I suggest 256x256px?) . Please name them frame1.png, frame2.png etc...

Take a look at my sloppy sample animation (a rotating snowflake) in the Docklets/XAniIcon/-Folder, to see what i mean... you can choose as many frames as you need.

It would be cool, if I could ship some nice animations with the first official release of the Docklet. ;)

PS: Installation like always: extract the content of the .zip to the /XWindowsDock/Docklets/ - Folder

MAN! THIS CAN BE BEGINNING OF for. e.x. iChat docklet with notification of changing states, or something...

docklet for iTunes, with showing "Play" sign, while song is played... etc. :D

This dock is very nice except for a bug in the windows reflection. It reflects the dock's icons reflections. Otherwise it would be very nice. Another problem is the exscultion list doesnt work. I added hl2.exe to the list and it try to minimize to the dock and then I get a error and then hl2.exe comes back up.

This dock is very nice except for a bug in the windows reflection. It reflects the dock's icons reflections. Otherwise it would be very nice. Another problem is the exscultion list doesnt work. I added hl2.exe to the list and it try to minimize to the dock and then I get a error and then hl2.exe comes back up.

Bobah rewrote window reflections, so I guess it should work for more people in the next version.

As for the execution list, it works fine for me... Though I used the button.