XWindows Dock v5.2.3

BOBAH13

I see you're adding a sticker to your docklets and find it excellent! Now if everybody could kindly do the same (or, at least write the version number of XWD it's for...) we could have a winner!! :D

Nice initiative! :thumbsup:

ps: I've always tagged mines... ;)

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I see you're adding a sticker to your docklets and find it excellent! Now if everybody could kindly do the same (or, at least write the version number of XWD it's for...) we could have a winner!! :D

Nice initiative! :thumbsup:

ps: I've always tagged mines... ;)

I invite other docklet developers to use the sticker, too:

[ img]http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/7434/version523mf5.png[/img]

PS: Cause of the recent activities in the releases thread, the reaction by the mod (who doesn't do anything more than you, panta) and the reactions on the reaction of the mod, my hopes for a clean releases thread are down to zero :P But maybe a miracle... ;)

[...] The community isn't deserving much effort [...]

I won't say that, Panta! Here are a lot of people who do REALLY good work with much effort, and create designs/skins/docklets/software in order to support Bobahs nice piece of software. Most of the misplaced posts in the Releases thread are not misplaced by purpose, so I can't really blame anyone for this. I blame the lack of a moderator, who is into XWD and follows these threads & move post the the right place! Of course there are very few morons out there, too, but they get just too much attention.

Again: I like the community of XWD and the work they do :)

I won't say that, Panta! Here are a lot of people who do REALLY good work with much effort, and create designs/skins/docklets/software in order to support Bobahs nice piece of software. Most of the misplaced posts in the Releases thread are not misplaced by purpose, so I can't really blame anyone for this. I blame the lack of a moderator, who is into XWD and follows these threads & move post the the right place! Of course there are very few morons out there, too, but they get just too much attention.

Again: I like the community of XWD and the work they do :)

I agree with almost everything you're saying and I'm still giving support to bobah, although directly. Let's just say that I already have my share of posts from morons trying to provoke/attack me directly, so my point of view is just a bit different... ;)

well isn't that impossible, for example RocketDock is compatible with all the other docks and Motonga already knows the SDK of Object Dock....anyway would be cool to add a StartMenu button, shutdown buttons...

p.s. I thought these 2 things will make XWD better...the first is the implementation of the option to reserve an edge of the screen..motonga already do it so would not so hard to implement directly in the XDC, second a option that trace when the system goes in fullscreen mode (when you play games) and automatically hide the dock so it doesn't go in conflict with the dock (for an example, if u have a clock plugin that refresh itself every tot seconds, when u play a game, you see the clock appear and disappear cuz is refreshing itself...)

Is there a update to 5.2.3 yet I am confused? I dont see any indication of one on the first page.first post

No, not yet. Just image-previews. An update will be announced big on the first page, first post.

when moderator will decide to make separate forum for XWD? there's so many threads about XWD it bring big attention and a lil mess on forums... I think it should be a sub-forum called "XWindows Dock", don't ya'll?

Has been requested over and over again, but till now, denied (mostly with the reason: as soon as the "final" version is out, there would be less interest about XWD, etc... stupid, imho). Perhaps you can ask a mod, too? Or better post this request in the "Comments & Suggestions - Forum"? Constant dripping wears away the stone.

I already asked to notice the current version in the first post but no one answer me...

It confused me as well.

It's up to bobah fulfilling this wish of yours, but I must tell ya that even more confusing is asking or answering questions posted at the wrong thread! (No, I'm not talking about this thread... ;))
ShutdownTools

Because there are so many request about a shutdown-Docklet, and because I have no idea, why I would need a docklet for such a function, if everything i need are build in stacks and a tool from the web, I want to post my solution here:

I wrote just 5 simple vbs-scripts (shutdown, restart, log off, standby, hibernate), these work together with the microsoft Tool psshutdown.

In the zip you will find everything packed together: the psshutdown.exe, the scripts and the icons.

Just:

1.) unzip anywhere you want

2.) add the vbs-files to the stack

3.) change the icons

In the screenshot you see the result.

It works under XP for sure, but I had no chance to test it under Vista, so Feedback about Vista would be cool.

What happened to shutdown.exe? -s to shut down, -r to restart, -l to logoff, and basically guaranteed to work on post-2000 machines.

What happened to shutdown.exe? -s to shut down, -r to restart, -l to logoff, and basically guaranteed to work on post-2000 machines.

I answer you here, not in the Releases Only Thread: I didn't touch shutdown.exe, so nothing happend to it :P psshutdown.exe is just an enhanced version of shutdown.exe, like I said, it's developed by MS (in 2006, btw, so much about "post-2000 machines" :P). The pros, for this case relevant: support for hibernation and standby. AFAIK it works better with low privileges, too. But you can also use other cool switches. Check the link i posted in the instruction post.

You know how to use Notepad? (I'm not sure about that, because it seems you also don't know where to post your comments...;)) Than you are very welcome to change the .vbs to your demands f.e. use shutdown.exe instead of psshutdown.exe. This is another pro for this solution instead of a docklet: you can change everything :)

Eh, I didn't even know what thread it was, so that was a genuine mistake, not trolling you :P

In any case, psshutdown was made by sysinternals, who may be a part of MS now, but they weren't then.

"C:WINDOWSsystem32rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState Hibernate" will hibernate, I imagine something similar for suspend.

I say "Post-2000", because win2k was the first to have it available, albeit on a resource CD. There's no need to attack my intelligence, I assure you I'm capable of using notepad, it's my favourite IDE (With autohotkey for compile&Run).

It doesn't work better with low privileges, for the simple reason shutdown.exe doesn't actually need privileges, except for shutting down a remote PC, which is handy.

I think something you need to understand, mate, is that flaming people for offering information (how was your information a "release" and mine not? Do what you say, not what you do, eh?) is completely unacceptable, it's called being a ****head.

Big news about the XWDock website

Thire is a my little baby :D

Hope you like it, if you have a questions or a suggestions — ask and tell it!

Now it is only JPEG, but in a few days it will be a fully strict and valid HTML/CSS 2.0 (hope it will be soon)

If anybody wants to slise PSD faster than me — you're welcome! Shure, full credits and glory at the footer of the page :D

So. I'll say few words about desing:

0. Sometimes I have used russian text-blocks instead of Lorem Ipsum because LoremIpsum is sucks.

1. Web-page will be fit 100% of screen on the 1024x768. And have maximum width on the biggest resolution.

2. Hand-cursor-pointer mean that I want to show hover state of some page-elements (img, link, div or something else).

3. Features, Settings, System Req blocks must be implemented as dynamic tabs (using JS).

4. Fine and awesome free font using for headers (Aller Sans, link to download) must be impemented as sIFR (i hope).

5. All big page-blocks (as About, XSkinMaker etc) I have put on a Homepage. Honestly, there are not real thing. I just want to show all page blocks. I think that will be better to separate Skin and Docklet pages from main content.

6. And the last thing. Skin gallery. This was a most difficult for me. So I propose several solutions to this problem.

× grid with 2 columns (first 2 lines)

× wide rows with a different design (with categories and tags, with ratings, with layer, that shows skin info and DL link)

Thus we will have 2 pages and a lot of satisfaction from the work done! :D

Thanks for reading ;)

Haha... sorry, I almost forgot to link to an image.

There it is! (JPEG, 1*280 x 4*000 px, 24 bit, 572 KB)

Big news about the XWDock website

Thire is a my little baby :D

Hope you like it, if you have a questions or a suggestions — ask and tell it!

Now it is only JPEG, but in a few days it will be a fully strict and valid HTML/CSS 2.0 (hope it will be soon)

If anybody wants to slise PSD faster than me — you're welcome! Shure, full credits and glory at the footer of the page :D

Very nice! Can't wait to see it in action :) I have a question: how will the list of skins be maintained? Will there be a way to upload and or update skins by the creators them self?

EDIT: I like the wide rows for the skins better, than the 2 column grid. I get a better impression of the themes, i think. :)

Are many little apps who did that job very well. Personally I'm using iShut.Skinable all stuff.

Not to mention my favorite: gehrunnerjunge (there are some nice skins out there, for it)

Very nice! Can't wait to see it in action :) I have a question: how will the list of skins be maintained? Will there be a way to upload and or update skins by the creators them self?

As I remember, Matonga said that he can help with PHP and Skin-decompiling-on-the-fly.

If this not possible now, we will wait while it will be possible :D

Btw, we don't have a hosting and domain-name

Subscribe to No Doclket needed for Shutdown & Co ;)

Are many little apps who did that job very well. Personally I'm using iShut.Skinable all stuff.

I must disagree! Think bigger, think about all new, non-tech users that will be using this amazing dock. Thinking just about ourselves just don't work for a publicly available product... ;)

Besides, not all available solutions are safe, not all work for Vista, etc. So, a good out-of-the-box, safe and multi-platform (think many flavors of Windows) is highly desirable!

Deavy: Wow...That shot from XWD website looks Pro :D Nice that Skin categories. Good Work man!
Agreed! :D

@atreiu: don't lose your time arguing with morons; just put them in the ignore list like I did some time ago. You lose nothing - they don't have anything useful to say anyway - and get a much cleaner browsing experience... ;)