Bug Report Center

siik

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I found a new bug and its really annoying.

I can't click on the bottom left of my screen because for some reason its being taken up by XWindows Dock.

I know this sounds weird and its hard to explain so I'll try to show you the best I can.

For some reason the whole area inside the red square is considered the dock. I can't click on windows or icons that are inside that area. Its really annoying. I guess the only way to solve this would be an update to the dock so I hope the developer watches this thread.

post-73321-1231010959_thumb.png

I found a new bug and its really annoying.

I can't click on the bottom left of my screen because for some reason its being taken up by XWindows Dock.

I know this sounds weird and its hard to explain so I'll try to show you the best I can.

For some reason the whole area inside the red square is considered the dock. I can't click on windows or icons that are inside that area. Its really annoying. I guess the only way to solve this would be an update to the dock so I hope the developer watches this thread.

I have the same issue... especially while I'm listening to music on iTunes and trying to make a playlist I just can't move files to lists bar because it's loosing focus.

it slags and stuck whie minimizing;

and has confliction with NOD32 smart security; NOD32 often scan xwindows dock and make it slagy

Then it's not my dock make your PC slow, it's your NOD32 :) I have got Avira and I haven't any bugs with my dock. and even I have only 2600Mhz (work 1800) CPU and Radeon 9600 and I enable all options (effects) and it takes me only 60% of CPU when I move windows over the dock... and I looked at the magnification... yes my dock hasn't got well magnification effect yet, but it takes 80% as object dock takek 100% :) So of course I'm going to rewrite code of magnification and then you will be able to change count of icons in magnicating.

when I run xwindows dock, I can't open IE,and if I open storm player or other any media player it says "windows main process rundll32 stop working"

mcshield, just don't use XWindows Dock, if you have so many problems with it.

If you really want to help to improve XWD with your "Bug Reports", you should tell us more! Just "This is not working" or "That is not working" does not help at all, because all these things ARE working very fine for 99% of the users, so it HAS to do with YOUR configuration and with what YOU do.

So we need more Information! For example, what does "can't open IE" mean? can't you open it from the Desktop, from the startmenu or from the Dock? Do you get any error message for this, too? What is your graphic card? Vista 64 or 32? What exactly do you do?... Be more detailed, please!

Hey BOBAH, sorry bother you again, but I found this bug on latest version, I don´t know if someone already post it but, each time i open the dock preferences window and make any change, when i click the apply button the dock disappears leaving only a really transparent dock showing nothing no icons and nothing, my setting are to hide the dock after 2 secs.

Someone else have this problem?

The reflection start when we aproach the bar, not when we are on it. If you put a high magnificaiton number you will easely see what I mean.

That's true. It seem like XWD uses the magnificated dimension to trigger the magnification. For example: if I have icon size=40px and icon size when hovered=150px, then the magnification starts when my mouse-pointer is 110px above the icon itself. I hope Bobah will fix this in a later release :)

Between I found a small bug. The reflection start when we aproach the bar, not when we are on it. If you put a high magnificaiton number you will easely see what I mean.

Also, would it be possible to make the magnification effect continue a bit after the last icon on each side, so it size starts to decrease a bit?

That's totally true, BOBAH13. That's why I say magnification should activate when we are on the icon, not on the "magnification zone".

What I mean is this:

For example, if I have 500 pixels of magnification, the dock takes 500 pixels of the desktop to activate magnification, so when I put the mouse over the 500th. pixel, the magnification activates, no matter the little size of my icons.

That's why I said before I had a problem with the fan stacks: I had a 100pixel magnification, and I wasn't able to click the first icon, because magnification activated and the stack moved.

I think this is a critical bug which MUST be fixed.

Thanks for reading.