Focusin Xp

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is great news Matonga! I loooved Vaminator and was sad to see development stopped. Matonga, please try his app just to see what it was like.. if you have a problem finding it, let me know and I'll dig up a copy.

I got vanim.zip from... can't remember (googling).

It looks pretty interesting.

I'm trying to achieve the halo effect shown in V Animator, but not only with textboxes, I've also done halo effects for buttons, comboboxes, checkboxes, radiobuttons, etc...

The halo effect will be skinnable, in the sense of having different skins for different visual styles, wb skins or whatever. The skin I've done is for LeopardXP visual style (not sure which one... maybe this one: http://nobodyuse.deviantart.com/art/Leopar...-Style-81776516)

I'm not working in animated progress bars by now.

You're right about the Simpsons reference. It'd also be the diminutive of focus in spanish (in english it would be focuslet).

I'm almost finished with this one and hope to get back to FC and Stacks soon, with:

• Some lib for FlyingCow, C#, .dll or whatever.
  • libstacks, a library for putting fans and grids in your apps (to be published in Developer's Hangout forum).
  • rewrite of Stacks Docklet using libstacks instead.

hey Matonga~ not to distract you from your cool projects, especially Focusin, but have you ever considered writing a plug-in for Songbird using your coverflow or front row stylization skills? I know there is already a coverflow like plug-in for Songbird, but it's not really up to snuff the last time I tried it out (a few months back.) But the idea would be to not just make a functionally smooth and fluid animated browser of music and video files of sorts, but rather, make it useful for library management and compatibility of formats as a priority! for instance:

~ Right Click files to: "Locate on Hard drive"

~ Selectable default programs to launch different filetypes.

~ Assignable graphics for: No Album Art, No Video Cover, etc.

~ Allow user to select a frame (within the video file) to use as the static cover image of said video file(s.)

~ Right Click to access meta-data editing, etc. (or a flip animation to edit on the back of the cover image, maybe?)

Anyways, you'd probably make a huge splash in the firefox/songbird community if you created something like this, and you seem to have much of the concepts implemented in some degree of completion ;)

Ok, finished with Focusin XP. Now in beta stage (waiting for bug reports :P)

• Apps can be double-clicked (~ Bjorn).
  • System tray icons can be double-clicked.
  • Legacy apps can be optionally drawn non-square focus (disabled by default) (apps which doesn't have a .manifest file or Common-Controls 241 file resource dependency) (this option exists because WindowBlinds can optionally theme non-themed apps).
  • Focus border updates when moving the window.
  • Focus border updates when resizing the window.
  • You can choose among different focus border Themes (in case you don't have LeopardXP theme installed).
  • You can tell FocusinXP to start with Windows.

BTW, some comments about the way the program works:

Steps performed when focus border window moves/changes size:

1. Hide focus border.

2. Wait until the window stops changing position / size.

3. Show/update focus border.

This is done in purpose to avoid flickering. This is intended behavior. Don't ask me to update it real-time (unless, of course, someone hacks Windows GUI core apis, then I'd consider it... hahaha).

I know this is completely off topic, but what shell style do you use, Matonga?

EDIT: The program looks really great! I've got the same problem as Kristof. Also, there is a border on my desktop right underneath my objectbar, but only when it is not activated. Not sure why. I'm also running RK and Yahoo widgets on the desktop.

This will be a must have in the emulation future!

I also have the line under the taskbar if activated.

Also the buttons are not rounded here, I guess they should.

If I the desktop is inactive and I want to doubleclick on a file, I first have to click on the desktop to activate it. If I doubleclick on the file directly the first click will not be recognized fast enough.

neu-1v1nu.jpg

And I have a glow around every window if no file is activated and also around the startmenu.

neu-22bda.jpg

Okay, updated Focusin.

Now it won't put a border in Explorer views (reported by Kristof... not that I hadn't seen that, but didn't bother to fix until he complained ;)).

@Kristof: solved.

@fortyfeet: "Also, there is a border on my desktop right underneath my objectbar, but only when it is not activated". Mmm... not sure. My app currently doesn't disguise layered windows, maybe it's that... (wait until a third beta release).

@Björn: Does this happen with all buttons? Even Notepad's About box button? Are you shure you're using a beta version of Focusin? (check the executable has the name FocusinXP.exe... if it has Project1.exe it is time to download the new version ;)). All your mentioned bugs correspond to pre-beta versions, so that's what intrigues me most.

Edit:

@fortyfeet: If you close the objectbar, does the border in your desktop still appears?

Edit:

@Björn: ok, it seems you have last version (because of your screenshot only showing images, I can suppose you are in the ThemesLeopardXP folder, right?) In such case... 1. are you using WindowBlinds? 2. Does this happen with all apps?

Hi,

Yes, latest version. The about boxes on all application (I tested so far) are working right.

It´s just the apps under Systempreferences, apart fron "Folderoptions", "Taskbar and startmenuoptions" and "Status of LAN and Firewire" that aren´t working right.

I have WB6 installed, but not using it ATM (so it´s not running, but on the system.

Great work. Keep it up...

Thanks,

Björn