Mac Finder Navigation Toolbar for Windows

This is way better than Styler and less buggy. :D. but no "list" view. Yeah. The list view in windows icons view. Can you put another icon for list view instead the details view. Its good that we can have the "OSX looks" but Windows have so much features that are useful. :D

Pretty Please With Sugar On Top.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks much to All for comments and sorry on huge delay on answers! :)

I did not update it application yet. There are some other work/fun.

ceiiular, Windows skin would be good but this is not skin in one line I think... (I mean that bar under buttons and address/search edit)

Kane3013, Yes, list view is a really good idea. As option.

yorkey, Not sure why, I have this bug in some Windowblinds themes only. Or try to use "bg.png" for background(32bit(!), maybe this even in themes folder but renamed to "_bg.png")?

Edited by KSoft
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi KSoft, I am dying to try it on my laptop but each time I want to install it its indicates that it cannot find DelphiBand and later another file. Tried everything, running install from within the zipped file, unzipping the file and running from there, but always getting the same error. I am running XP sp3.Suggestions?

Hi KSoft, I was able to install it and works great!!

KSoft and others, Two issues:

I would appreciate if I can get help updating the delphiband, where it goes the new one posted by KSoft?

How I go about changing the icons in the bar from the default blue to other options shown above?

THANKS!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Hullo im a newb here so dont get all pissy with all that "bring this topic back to life" crap.

Anyway I have windows vista and when I open up install.cmd, I get a error message saying The module "delphiband.dll" failed to load.

Make sure the binary is stored at the specified path or debug it to check for problems with the binary dependent .dll files.

The specified module could not be found.

Then I click okay and It says something else but I forgot.

What am I doing wrong? I ran the install.cmd as you said!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, this is really a great looking app. Congratulations. Never have seen a toolbarstyler like this. I think the best one, but I have a problem. After install, which works very well, I couldn't start Windows Desktop search, wich I love very much. Further more Objectbar 2.01 didn't show the Menu of the Explorer, what was no problem with Styler. I Would apprecheat if someone have a workaroud.

• 1 month later...

Hi KSoft,

I didn't find a solution for the problem with de address bar (navigation buttos and search bar). I'm able to disable it once for a window, but it keeps coming all the time i open a new window(see image). I found that even if you click in the address bar option to enable it keeps checked, so maybe the problem comes from there. On the other hand closing explorer with task manager work fine for zizing and bar positions.

I running Vista 32 SP1 and for changing explorer I use: WB, explorer cover flow, QTabBar.

Thanks for ur help!

post-95527-1251557484_thumb.png

Hi KSoft,

I didn't find a solution for the problem with de address bar (navigation buttos and search bar). I'm able to disable it once for a window, but it keeps coming all the time i open a new window(see image). I found that even if you click in the address bar option to enable it keeps checked, so maybe the problem comes from there. On the other hand closing explorer with task manager work fine for zizing and bar positions.

I running Vista 32 SP1 and for changing explorer I use: WB, explorer cover flow, QTabBar.

Thanks for ur help!

Freestyler has a nasty thing with locking the Toolbar layout so it won't be saved. You might need the KillLayout.reg file that comes with Cover Flow if it starts to make trouble, this way you can start over with a fresh layout. You shouldn't run the reg files from FreeStyler or the KillLayout file from Explorer but rather from the Desktop while Explorer is closed.

So the sequense is something like this (I have done this several times but it seems I can never remember the order):

Close explorer

Run KillLayout.reg (from desktop)

Run HideFlag.reg (from desktop)

open explorer and enable FreeStyler and hide the addressbar and the standard buttons

enable CoverFlow

Edit: open explorer and enable Cover Flow

Edit: enable FreeStyler and hide the addressbar and the standard buttons

close explorer

open explorer (it should now remember the settings)

It might take a little experimenting to get it working...

@KSoft:

I am the developer of Explorer Cover Flow and I have a request for you. I do like FreeStyler very much and it would be such a great thing to have a button next to the "View" buttons on FreeStyler to Show/hide Cover Flow! Is there any chance that we could work toghether on that?

Edited by vemod

Hi Vemod,

Firt of all thanks for replying and thanks for your great coverflow application.

I tried ur sequence but my explorer craches in the 5th step. I gotta say that I don't have killLayut.reg but disable_search_asst.reg. I "experimented" differents ways but it always crached. Can you plis post a copy of killLayout.reg to try it?

Thanks again.

BTW @KSoft:

I haven't say that your app rules, it was the last thing i needed for simulating Mac OS X. Thanks a lot, i'm just looking forward to solve this little problem.

Can you plis post a copy of killLayout.reg to try it?

Save this as KillLayout.reg

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\WebBrowser]
"ITBarLayout"=-

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\ShellBrowser]
"ITBarLayout"=-

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\Explorer]
"ITBarLayout"=-

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...