How to adjust windows task bar

I'm having a problem adjusting my windows task bar. Somehow it became about twice the height it was originally. I can make it larger, but not any smaller (without making it disappear). I already tried right-clicking on the task bar and making sure "lock the taskbar" was unchecked. Any ideas?

Mike

Toledo, OH

Thanks for the help, but I wonder if I have something wrong with my computer.

Here's how I have it set:

Taskbar Appearance:

Lock the taskbar...............................................unchecked

Auto-hide the taskbar........................................unchecked

Keep the taskbar on top of other windows...........checked

Group similar taskbar buttons............................checked

Show Quick Launch...........................................checked

Notification Area:

Show the clock.................................................checked

Hide inactive icons............................................checked

Mike

Toledo, OH

A friend of mine was using my computer and decided to try dragging the taskbar to the right side of the screen but it wouldn't move to the right...it only enlarged while staying at the bottom of the screen. I know at one time I was able to move it around but decided to keep it at the bottom of the screen and haven't messed around with it since. I just got finished running a full system scan with Norton 360 but it didn't detect any bugs. I'm going to try a system restore now. Thanks for the help. I'll keep everyone posted.

Mike

• 4 weeks later...

ok, the problem is probably that you unlocked the taskbar, and somehow the location of stuff like quicklaunch got moved. so try dragging around those little lines with the dots on them until you get it lined up like it was at first. then you should be able to adjust it to it's original size. hope that helps :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...