Xwd - The Off-topic Thread

Deavy

Deavy, so it's what, embedding flash? Semicolon S.

With my «exelent» english better to give you few links than explain details :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scalable_Inma...ash_Replacement

http://www.mikeindustries.com/blog/sifr/

Look at the article name at the last link — it using custom font via sIFR technology.

and maybe will be better to stop flame on this thread and back to discussion subject.

By Panta: moved to this thread as this topic has nothing to do with the main thread.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yep, it's cool, but I don't like when my dock compares with M*c os :) because with next realese it'll be another dock at all :)

Ohhh... Amazing *0*, I want to see it ñ_ñ. if you dont like it change it. is your program :) but a dock is a dock everywhere. I compared with Job´s Kids dock because the concept appears on Nextstep but actual clones are based on OSX version

By Panta: moved to this, more general, thread.

Which reply are you talking about? Can you be more specific?

I wrote a simple entrie on Wikipedia, if someone wants to change or complete it, you can do it

XWindows Dock English

XWindows Dock Spanish

Hey Deavy, Great work ^^

By Panta: moved to this, more general, thread.

=_=

Glad to see a new sub-forum for Xwindows. For now, I'm still using rocketdock since so many people facing bugs with Xwindows. Hope bobah will improve it and fix all the bugs. All the best Bobah, will support you as always. Can I design a logo for Xwindows? or that logo that Bobah's using is already final?

By Panta: moved because it's off-topic.

New version releases and updates (bobah), relevant information sharing (all of us) and the like, but mainly no crap posting; the aim is finding relevant things easily and as fast as possible! As we all know this is totally impossible in the current main thread.

Of course we're still experimenting things, trying to find the right balance between organization and freedom, so almost everything is subject to refinement. Let's see what happens in the forthcoming weeks... ;)

New version releases and updates (bobah), relevant information sharing (all of us) and the like, but mainly no crap posting; the aim is finding relevant things easily and as fast as possible! As we all know this is totally impossible in the current main thread.

Of course we're still experimenting things, trying to find the right balance between organization and freedom, so almost everything is subject to refinement. Let's see what happens in the forthcoming weeks... ;)

Well I didn't think Andrews post was "crap", actually it was quite interesting to know that he did these Wikipedia entries. It's certainly not "off topic", imho.

I think a new thread is fine for such news like Andrews, but remember: this wasn't possible at the time he posted it, so please don't overreact, guys. We all have to fit in with this new situation :) Splitting the main thread is a good idea, but finding the right place for things might be hard from time to time.

@Panta: I think in difficult cases like this one, where it is not clear where to move a post, you could PM the author before moving the post. This would be more polite, imho. You don't have to do this in obvious cases, of course. I would be pissed too, if I found my post, which i thought would be interesting, suddenly in the Off-Topic-Thread :D

@Andrew, if I where you i would start a new thread, with the Topic "XWindows Dock on Wikipedia" or something. I would like that :) You could collect the Links to different language Wikis, when there are other people writing articles or share Info with other authors. (BTW: Is XWD really considered to be Creative Commons?)