Feature Requests For V5.6

Panta

About show running application, which is not showed in dock, I won't to do it, because why is windows taskbar needed then, may be in future, I'll write customizable taskbar, after I'll finised this dock. About edit icons.. in the next version we will be able to change any icon, just not for trash ;)

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Running apps are the only one thing, I missing so much and using RK launcher instead XWindows Dock or Rocket Dock. This function is so fundamental for me and I believe for other users too. Reflections are brilliant but i prefer running apps, so I stay by RK launcher. I dont use windows taskbar, i have object bar for perfect OSX look :-)

Btw my desktop http://img136.imageshack.us/my.php?image=macekas3.jpg

About show running application, which is not showed in dock, I won't to do it, because why is windows taskbar needed then, may be in future, I'll write customizable taskbar, after I'll finised this dock. About edit icons.. in the next version we will be able to change any icon, just not for trash ;)
bobah, are you fixing the size problem of the generated stack icon, so that we can have stacks like the one - real Leopard - in this image? http://delta909.deviantart.com/art/Even-Flow-102149040

I know I've already posted about it at the main thread but, as it's my #1 feature, I'm asking it here now (as we now have a request thread... ;))

Please note that not only the width is smaller but also the height, and it's positioned above the baseline of other icons, so that the stacks seen at the above image are possible; remember, that image is from Leopard, so I'm assuming this is a standard feature of its dock.

I have no idea if this works, because I don't have Vista to test.

Add a shortcut to:

::{3080F90E-D7AD-11D9-BD98-0000947B0257}

And try running it.

I don't have the slightest idea of how to directly create a shortcut like that in XWD; is it possible?

my requests

1. No effect to minimize to dock. Currently I have to choose between effects both of which do not run smoothly on my laptop. I want to minimize to dock but not have any effects.

2. I second jakub.karasek's request. I use litestep so don't use a taskbar at all. All my apps are minimized to the dock from where I access them. What would be cool to is to have only icons for all running apps in the dock and then when you press and hold on it, it shows all instances of that app that is running. I think someone has already put out a request similar to this in the main thread.

3. Add a running app not currently in the dock to the dock by dragging it into position (OSX does this).

4. A docklet for time.

5. A docklet for system tray.

my requests

2. I second jakub.karasek's request. I use litestep so don't use a taskbar at all. All my apps are minimized to the dock from where I access them. What would be cool to is to have only icons for all running apps in the dock and then when you press and hold on it, it shows all instances of that app that is running. I think someone has already put out a request similar to this in the main thread.

That will be cool, its in windows 7 beta and it really works well

my desktop http://img136.imageshack.us/my.php?image=macekas3.jpg

boobah13:

is it possible in the next feature to set independently from the bottom reflection, the position of indicator? When you change the bottom reflection, the consequence is the icons and indicator goes up. And for some skins, it's an inconvenience because indicator is not lying on the middle border, but must be in the frontline. Am i clear? :/

A pic to explain:

sanstitre4hz5.jpg

Maybe add a line in the config file for the indicator or as already requested, add option in the menu to set icon/indicator positions independently.

just a skinner request...

I don't have the slightest idea of how to directly create a shortcut like that in XWD; is it possible?

Mmm... I see not. Download this:

http://www.matiasmoreno.com.ar/ShellExecute.exe

Then add it to the dock. Then edit it and set Parameters to:

I tested it with another GUID and it worked. Try with this one under Vista (with Aero enabled of course) and share your results :)

I tested it with another GUID and it worked. Try with this one under Vista (with Aero enabled of course) and share your results :)

Sorry, was without Internet access from 17h to 19h and only now could get to your post.

First thing: it's really a wonderful thing having guys like you around us! Again, thanks!

Now, the bad news: I've followed your prescription but nothing happens in #%*%$ Vista! :( In fact, it shows up just momentarily in task manager, but that's all... Hope XP users have better luck. Anyway, this tool can find itself a place among docklets and the like...

To all the animation-designers:

a) For your demos, Slow-Motion is needed! (I could use Ctrl + "->" in shishimaru's flash, but not in yours, Andrew). To implement such things, developers need to understand, what's actually happening :)

B) Try to stay with simple "rules", that can be described geometrically (like "first circle around, then go straight to the final position" or something :D ). The wobbeling for example seems to be much easier to be implemented than shishimaru demo.

Alright. I'm re-uploading with one slowed down 4x if you press ctrl. I have an exact formula for making this animation and all of it's non-linear motion goodness, but it's a handful to type out (sine and cosine crap), so I'm not going to unless someone wants to actually implement it into XWD :P

Edit: woops, forgot to upload.

stackanimation.zip

Alright. I'm re-uploading with one slowed down 4x if you press ctrl. I have an exact formula for making this animation and all of it's non-linear motion goodness, but it's a handful to type out (sine and cosine crap), so I'm not going to unless someone wants to actually implement it into XWD :P

Edit: woops, forgot to upload.

Thanks! I check out, if it's possible to "oversize" the icons, and I'm not sure if the background-animation can be customized, too. But if it's possible i would like trying to implement it. It doesn't look that hard, so it may be a good start for me :) Let's continue this talk, when 5.4 is out and i could take a look at the animation-API.

Thanks! I check out, if it's possible to "oversize" the icons, and I'm not sure if the background-animation can be customized, too. But if it's possible i would like trying to implement it. It doesn't look that hard, so it may be a good start for me :) Let's continue this talk, when 5.4 is out and i could take a look at the animation-API.
Background animation shouldn't be a problem afaik; over- and under-size icons either. ;)
Background animation shouldn't be a problem afaik; over- and under-size icons either. ;)

I guess in the end if it were to be implemented, something would have to be done about the icons. Since I'm overly lazy, I decided not to write anything special, and treated all the icons as one layer. This might not work as well with an actual dock, with actual icons, but you never know until you see it ;)

Edit: I just got a pretty good idea for the initiation of the icons... I'll see if I can get it into some code for the weekend.

Edit2: Of course, the feasibility of all this depends on the things available to us in the animation SDK. This animation largely depends on having all the icons (and the text, I guess) available on a single, scalable layer, and the same with the background. it should also be able to kick into regular grid mode after the animation has finished playing, so have stuff like the hover animation and whatnot. This could all be done manually, but it really sounds like a pain to get the math done, and bobah already has it figured out, so... ;)

Very soon new version will be published, and then I'm going to thnik about icon's animation, for example make format or use another which has png files inside and also has options like speed to show icon and this file will be used in the dock. I remembered about APNG... but I didn't think about it yet. ;)

I tried your suggestion in vista but it did not work, but try this... it worked for me:

Create a shortcut to:

RunDll32.exe

and set Parameters to:

DwmApi #105

The icon may be extracted from:

C:WindowsSystem32imageres.dll

feature request for plugins

Xcal

- click animation that shows calendar to be similar to the stacks grid animation (maybe even use the same settings).

- already mentioned this in the main thread but repeating here. Option to change font, angle, colors for date and month.

XWeather.

- Option to change font for temp.

- On click, have a 3/5 day forcast in a stack like grid animated box (similar to xcal calendar). ctrl-click to open weather.com

What do you mean? I can't understand what you mean by "quickview". Is it a OSX thing?
Yes, the term is from OSX. I'm referring to clicking and keeping left mouse button down for a while in an image at a stack view (btw either grid or fan). I want to be able to specify the size of the popup window... *please* *please* *please* :P
feature request for plugins

Xcal

- click animation that shows calendar to be similar to the stacks grid animation (maybe even use the same settings).

- already mentioned this in the main thread but repeating here. Option to change font, angle, colors for date and month.

1.) Sadly not possible. I can't use the Stacks engine with a Docklet, and i will certainly not try to implement this on my own.

2.) Already in the "Unsorted Wishlist", this is one of the next features, that will come to XCal.

Thanks for your suggestion! :)

to change size of popup window won't be needed in the next version :) because you will be able to use gallery :)
Yea, but it'd be awesome to be able to do the same at grid and fan too... ;) mainly in grid, where I can see many images at one time. :)