Feature Requests For V5.6

Panta

thx for trying to help guys

the group policy method wasn't working because I have manually erased a key in regedit

I just had to recreate it and now the click on trash icon shows content

if someone with the same problem reads this - the key name is {645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}

and you'll find it under - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerDesktopNameSpace

erase / create the key to hide / show recycle bin on desktop

sry for OT

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thx for trying to help guys

the group policy method wasn't working because I have manually erased a key in regedit

I just had to recreate it and now the click on trash icon shows content

if someone with the same problem reads this - the key name is {645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}

and you'll find it under - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerDesktopNameSpace

erase / create the key to hide / show recycle bin on desktop

sry for OT

A while back, I suffered the same problem. I found the answer by changing another key to hide (not delete) the recycle bin icon... Don't remember what it was, but it was pretty easy to find :P

@Atreiu: how about showing the running indicator if the process in an xlauncher icon is running? If it's not possible, then Bobah should implement it :D

1. Can you add a XDocklet.JumpNow (id : Integer) thing?

2. how about showing the running indicator if the process in an xlauncher icon is running? If it's not possible...

Added. Also About SIDL (recycler, control panel) it works now (5.4 version) 100% !! it's your problem if you remove something not to show recycler on the screen.

@Atreiu: how about showing the running indicator if the process in an xlauncher icon is running? If it's not possible, then Bobah should implement it :D

Not possible yet, but Bobah already said he will give Docklet-Developers the possibility to do this in the next version :)

Thanks Bobah, for extending the API! :) I'm really excited about the new functions. :D

PS: For the once with the hiding Recycle Bin problem: Here is a good tutorial how to hide it, without deleting the registry value :P. First way is already mentioned, but second way is far better, imho.

Hi all,

First I just discovered XWindows Dock and this is truly a great piece of software : innovative, customizeable, nicely coded it seems and the parameter panel is nice to the eye. And most of all with a large supporting community.

I have a few suggestions though :

- Even though I am accustomed to Docks, I must admit the profusion of parameters made me dizzy at first glance. It's kinda hard to figure out exactly what parameters do when you discover XWD so I propose a mouse over tool tip text explaining in detail the parameter. Add section : Icons, Shadows, Reflection to help differentiate the parameters. Maybe add an image showing what the parameter does : a simple 2 or 3 frame gif image would suit perfectly. This would ensure newbies are not overwhelmed by all those parameters everywhere.

- Add a way to integrate a custom setting.xml into the smxd file so that recommended settings are automatically applied when you load the skin. With a warning message for example that will tell you your settings will be overwritten. Maybe add a load/save settings screen to give more control to the user.

- Add the support of .ico files.

- CPU/Mem Monitor applet.

By Panta: So, it seems you've finally found where to post your requests... Before posting any other message at the sub-forum read and abide to our Sub-forum Complimentary Rules & Guidelines - READ BEFORE POSTING!, will you? :slant:

@Matonga: Docklet API does not allow me to jump the Icon. It only allows me to set a CanJump value, but not to trigger the jump-event. :( Otherwise, it should be possible.

@haran: Yes, that the only function. Drag files on it, to open it with your app. Fills a gap in the default functionality, nothing more. I would be happy, too, if it could be implemented into the core.

It's strange, that one bmp opens, the other one not. Can you give me the exact filenames, inclusive path please? Maybe there are some strange characters in it or something.

Edit: I found one of the problems of XLauncher. Uploading update, soon. Please report back, if this fixes your problems with some Files not opening...

Edit2: Bugfixed version of XLauncher uploaded. Please report back, if this fixes your problems.

OK, all files seem to open like they should, but the problem still remains where the hover text doesn't appear when you hover over an icon and you still can't move around icons.

OK, all files seem to open like they should, but the problem still remains where the hover text doesn't appear when you hover over an icon and you still can't move around icons.

Hey, you are right, i now can reproduce this, too. Same thing happens when I drag&drop files on my XDesktoplet. I try to figure out, if I'm doing something wrong there, or if it is a API-Bug. Stay tuned!

EDIT: Bobah confirmed: It is a API/XWD-Bug, and will be fixed in the next XWD Version :)

- Even though I am accustomed to Docks, I must admit the profusion of parameters made me dizzy at first glance. It's kinda hard to figure out exactly what parameters do when you discover XWD so I propose a mouse over tool tip text explaining in detail the parameter. Add section : Icons, Shadows, Reflection to help differentiate the parameters. Maybe add an image showing what the parameter does : a simple 2 or 3 frame gif image would suit perfectly. This would ensure newbies are not overwhelmed by all those parameters everywhere.

I'll think about it

- Add a way to integrate a custom setting.xml into the smxd file so that recommended settings are automatically applied when you load the skin. With a warning message for example that will tell you your settings will be overwritten. Maybe add a load/save settings screen to give more control to the user.

It's not needed

- Add the support of .ico files.

Use AveIcon ;) it helps you

I wish the ablility to hide the dock in less then 1 second. Eg in 100ms oder 500ms :)

I second this request...

And I'd like to see My Music, My Pictures, and My Videos folder when I add a "stack from folder" from "My Documents" folder. PLEASE!!!

Sometimes it Only shows "My Music" folder.

I think this might be a bug... Or something that hasn't been implemented yet.

Is it here that we ask for additional features for docklets ? It is not specified and if I do I risk another message deleting....

Anyway regarding the XCal mini calendar docklet, it would be cool that XCal can get info (rendez-vous, tasks, etc) from Outlook.

It would be cool to have in the "Parameters" window, sections for installed docklets. Customization of everything would be at hand there.

Is it here that we ask for additional features for docklets ? It is not specified and if I do I risk another message deleting....

Anyway regarding the XCal mini calendar docklet, it would be cool that XCal can get info (rendez-vous, tasks, etc) from Outlook.

It would be cool to have in the "Parameters" window, sections for installed docklets. Customization of everything would be at hand there.

You do risk getting suspended if you keep trying to make fun out of our efforts in organizing this forum! Only your misplaced and/or pointless posts were deleted. I advise you to stop immediately with this... Consider yourself officially warned! :slant:

Any doubts, read Timan post here: http://www.aqua-soft.org/board/announcement.php?f=89

I just downloaded the new version and is unbelievable amazing!!! Super fast and less resources! (Went down from 16~19mb to 11mb now)

The only thing i didnt like is that the docklets need to be updated as well as the skins... Im considering the docklet and skin developers (although skins are easily done now) because they need to work and redo the docklets again. :slant:

The only thing i didnt like is that the docklets need to be updated as well as the skins... Im considering the docklet and skin developers (although skins are easily done now) because they need to work and redo the docklets again. :slant:
Users are the ones that 'suffer' the most in cases like this, but this is completely normal for early adopters of any piece of software (as we all are... ;)); this could be called "growing pain": as new functionalities are added and new interfacing needs are discovered, it's plain normal that developers have to rework things over and over, mainly at the early stages of development...

There are though some mitigating actions that could be adopted: interfaces could be considered immutable (once agreed upon between developers), new needs/discoveries should lead to new interface versions instead of just changing the original ones, so that the main program - XWD - would support new interfaces in addition to the old ones, etc... resulting in an evolutive rather than disruptive development process!

But this is up to developers, not users, to define... :D

I've another feature request:

Well, you can change the icons of your panel items, aswell for the trashcan. But you can't change the two trash states.

E.g.: I wanto the ability to set the "normal" trash icon and the "full trashcan" item with editing a paneliten.

I hope you understand my request ^^

huh? Haven't you got task manager to do that? What's the point of integrating it into XWD? Is there a specific feature you want XWD to do with this ability?

Andrew is right, here. No need to integrate something like that in the core, as it can be implemented perfectly as Docklet. It would be nice, if someone out there could join the Docklet-Developers-Crew and code something like a XTask-Docklet!

@all: this is a feature request thread; what I told Andrew applies to every user in general... if you have a request, great! Post it here, as this is the right place for that, and just hope that either bobah or any docklet developer embrace your idea... ;) I'll quote atreiu: "It would be nice, if someone out there could join the Docklet-Developers-Crew..."; he's right: many demanding, so few developing...

Comments aren't requests, so they really don't belong here; if you want to comment about something posted here, just quote your target at the following thread: http://www.aqua-soft.org/board/showthread.php?t=51122

I can't do this for each and every off-topic comment over here, but I can - and will - start deleting them, both forward- and backwardly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: not less than 60 posts have been removed, including some of mines, without any loss of requests data or information... :slant:

I'm going to post this again as, although bobah has told me he'd implement it, it seems that he's got the wrong idea about what I've been requesting and has implemented 'Showing time span' instead.

So, to make it clear, what I have requested is a 'Show dock in: x seconds' - or milliseconds - instead of 'Hide dock in: x seconds', so that, if the cursor remains less than the specified time at the hotspot, the dock remains hidden (like 'Delay to re-show when the mouse nears dock' in OD/OD+).

Hope I got to explain it better now. :)

What I'd really like on the subject of showing/hiding the dock is that the timer could be used to show the dock instead of to hide it.

There'd be no accidental activation of it - quite annoying imho :slant: - and the focus would immediately return to the previous application. All very fast and smooth! That's the behavior I'm used to with Object Dock, and I believe other docks adopt it too...