Feature Requests For V5.6

Panta

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

what about animated indicators or docks?

And tabbed support?animated icons? It should have a skin support that you just put a .png and put the reflection settings(like reflection Offset) and it would convert it into the dock skin file. :wacko:

Be able to position it anywhere on the screen.

enable hide icons and taskbar,enable color change, more docks in a screen

animated menus similar to the windows 7 circledock?

animated separators,have a startmenu shortcut,cpu meter,be draggable, P.S-i hope its not too much :(

sorry,what about a dock that bends to your shape that you drag it to be with spline control.(Thats about everything)

You just forget to ask for a dock where the icons spin around and sing the Macarena while making you some coffee...

You just forgot to ask for a dock where the icons spin around and sing the Macarena while making you some coffee... Hilarious dude, LOL!Yep dude, and thanks, at least we see someone with sense of humor...As you can see, it was not that stupid, after all...

HAHAHA- Just kidding like i would go crazy over a comment like that!(no offense)THis goes for the comment i made today

Edited by st82h7b354
what about animated indicators or docks?

And tabbed support?animated icons? It should have a skin support that you just put a .png and put the reflection settings(like reflection Offset) and it would convert it into the dock skin file. :wacko:

Be able to position it anywhere on the screen.

enable hide icons and taskbar,enable color change, more docks in a screen

animated menus similar to the windows 7 circledock?

animated separators,have a startmenu shortcut,cpu meter,be draggable, P.S-i hope its not too much :(

sorry,what about a dock that bends to your shape that you drag it to be with spline control.(Thats about everything)

You just forgot to ask for a dock where the icons spin around and sing the Macarena while making you some coffee... rolleyes.gif Edited by Panta
Hi all, I just started using XWindows Dock and I love it. Few things I'm still missing though:

The popup on mouse-over function is great but it needs a settable delay (like on OD+) to make it really usable (so it pops up after the delay when you keep your mouse at the _edge_ of the screen). An option to make it go back to where it was in the background when you move the mouse of the dock again would also make this popup thing work a lot better.

I would like to have this option as well.

Sorry if it was suggested or even done before.

Somebody should create a docklet that works with miranda\msn\digsby and such. It should display status as icon (which should be customizable), or simpler just indicate if the IM is running or not.

Here is a more visual example:

Dock_icon_for_Adium_by_Buzuk_Eugen.png

-------Normal--------Running-------Offline

By Panta: moved.

Edited by Panta

Hi BOBAH13,

I know I'm too late in asking for a feature request, and I've already asked you for my 1 last, most important request regarding the gallery ;)

But I never got around to posting this one, it's not that important as it's just aesthetics, but just in case it's an easy fix, I thought I'd post it anyways.

When a stack is opened and closed, the image layering get mixed up a bit, and the stack container disappears during the close animation but reappears at the end of the animation.

See the below image.

final2khp.jpg

*Please note I'm using the "deal" animation for this example.

Again, this request is just an eyecandy one, and not mission critical. But if you have the chance to assign PNG images to Gallery items, I'd be happy as a clam. B)

there should be an option to set separators on a dock to only appear when there are things on both sides of it... like when adding a separator, you could put it in its hypothetical place and it would only stay there if there are icons or minimized windows on the side of it, then when you open the windows, the separator discreetly disappears... and vice versa

there should be an option to set separators on a dock to only appear when there are things on both sides of it... like when adding a separator, you could put it in its hypothetical place and it would only stay there if there are icons or minimized windows on the side of it, then when you open the windows, the separator discreetly disappears... and vice versa
Dude, you have 3 posts and in all of the 3 you've mentioned this same request. Stop repeating yourself or I'll start deleting your posts!
Sorry if it was suggested or even done before.

Somebody should create a docklet that works with miranda\msn\digsby and such. It should display status as icon (which should be customizable), or simpler just indicate if the IM is running or not.

Here is a more visual example:

Dock_icon_for_Adium_by_Buzuk_Eugen.png

-------Normal--------Running-------Offline

By Panta: moved.

I would love to see a Windows dock that can simulate what the Mac does with IM clients. Having it bobbing up a down when a new message is received, and for a short period time have focus. digsby integration would be amazing.

I've used most of the docks out and so far i'm very impressed with XWD!

I apologize if this has already been suggested or implemented already... But I was a former RK Launcher user.. and I liked the "Same Instance" option, it essentially only allowed one instance of an application to run. If there was already an instance running its default action was to set focus to the app.

I have played around in the WXD settings, and searched the forums to the best of my ability but I am unable to figure out if this has been suggested or is already an option in WXD.

Any thoughts on that?

I apologize if this has already been suggested or implemented already... But I was a former RK Launcher user.. and I liked the "Same Instance" option, it essentially only allowed one instance of an application to run. If there was already an instance running its default action was to set focus to the app.

I have played around in the WXD settings, and searched the forums to the best of my ability but I am unable to figure out if this has been suggested or is already an option in WXD.

Any thoughts on that?

There's an option under miscellaneous. It doesn't work when apps are minimized to the dock, but I'm pretty sure it sort of works.

Please Read

The only thing I hated about XWD is that the icons are blurred so you have to find a png for the icons and manually change it, how tiring...

Must do Request:

>Support for icons(256x256 icons)

Also if you could add a setting

>to lock the icons

>centering position

>screen position: top, bottom, left or right

>layering: always on top, normal, always on bottom

>icon opacity

>settings for the fonts used in stacks

Optional Request:

>if you could add more icon attention effects, not just the bounce

If you could add this on your next release...

This would be the best dock ever made! ^_^

Also I apologize if this has already been suggested or implemented already... but it would be great if you could...

Edited by Zyxel

when the settings are set to minimize to dock, the minimized windows should go to the left of the recycle bin. also the windows when minimized are not minimized proportionally it's always a square. long windows should look long in the dock and short windows are short and so on (proportion)... windows that need attention like messenger when you recieve a new message should bounce... why do the icons when they bounce squeeze up? ya the bouncing effect should be improved. besides the default minimize effect and the genie effect add the suck effect (the hidden minimize effect on mac osx) =D well thats a lot but just suggestions, great work bobah sorry u have to leave =Z. i love the xwindows dock =D

There's an option under miscellaneous. It doesn't work when apps are minimized to the dock, but I'm pretty sure it sort of works.

Thanks.. that was it indeed. But I guess on that note.. as a feature request.. instead of "Activate and run" maybe add onto that option to have it maximize the minimized window (provided its minimized to the dock), and is it possible to do that to items that aren't minimized to the dock but stay in the icon tray like iTunes for example? So if I have it minimized when I click on the dock icon it will bring the window to the front/maximize it?

If this isn't possible, atleast in the near future/update could you possibly explain (in lamens terms) why it would be a difficult option to add?

Muchly appreciated!

The main thing which intimidate me to try XWindows or other Dock software is that if i want to try how's its performance or other tricks i have to put same icons and etc. So it would be really awesome if you guys make an Import feature for ObjectDock/RocketDock/RkLauncher. And don't forget to warn user where are kept dock icon settings(XWindows).

ObjectDock Settings i found in C:\Documents and Settings\%%%USER%%%NAME%%%\Local Settings\Application Data\Stardock\ObjectDockPlus\CurrentTheme.ini

Edited by Sondeckis

Open Application Instance. Just like rocketdock were if you were to click on a application that is already running, it will bring forward that running app instead of launching a new one. Id like to see that in XWD. And i think it will be very use full.

Edited by iPixie