Feature Requests For V5.6

Panta

New realese will have new skin format and default directory.

New format. You can put into your skin, some images (or one or two or more...) or you can only change some options and don't put any images :)

Default directory: this directory will have default images of skin, because when user select some skin, and selected skin hasn't StackOn.png, this StackOn.png will be taken from default directory.

Also new skin won't have images for grid, because it takes a lot of memory and speed :) But you can change color of background of stack (grid, fan) and text, optionaly. I hope you will understand me.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

IDEA...

preview support

minimized in the launcher

similar to linux dock

It is really a good idea. BUT if it is implemented, the dock may have an option to minimize normally, OR to the application's icon...

New realese will have new skin format and default directory.

New format. You can put into your skin, some images (or one or two or more...) or you can only change some options and don't put any images :)

Default directory: this directory will have default images of skin, because when user select some skin, and selected skin hasn't StackOn.png, this StackOn.png will be taken from default directory.

Also new skin won't have images for grid, because it takes a lot of memory and speed :) But you can change color of background of stack (grid, fan) and text, optionaly. I hope you will understand me.

I understand. You're very right with these decisions. AND THEY ARE GREAT NEWS FOR ALL SKINNERS!!!

But it would be great to use OPTIONALLY the grid images...

I mean, for all the people who like different stack design, and all those who have a powerful computer.

Anyway, CONGRATULATIONS: YOU AND THIS DOCK, ARE GETTING MORE THAN THE BEST!!!

@ BOBAH13:

Did you consider my request about the second type reflection?

I mean the mirror with a gradient?

I think all those wood, steel, and opaque skins would look much better with that kind of reflection!

And sorry for bothering you, BOBAH13. But I got another request:

I'd like an option to change the panel size.

It maybe is a weird request, but not a bad one.

I think that a cool feature would be to have options for animations when clicking icons. Like maybe instead of the default "scrunching" animation, "shaking", "swirling" , or "light up" animations would be cool! Also another would be to be able to change the icon size without changing the dock size, like making the dock and the icons work independently.

i hope on the next update of Xwindows Dock you can put an Option for Lock Icon Dragging... thanx...
I think that a cool feature would be to have options for animations when clicking icons. Like maybe instead of the default "scrunching" animation, "shaking", "swirling" , or "light up" animations would be cool! Also another would be to be able to change the icon size without changing the dock size, like making the dock and the icons work independently.

I second BOTH requests. I've heard them before too, but sometimes is good to remind old-important requests!!!

But for the "icon size changing", that's why I asked for an option to change panel's height, but it would be nice to have both options for resizing.

And I have more requests (THEY'RE LITTLE ONES):

1. I would like magnification to move every "1 pixel", instead of every "4 pixels" to make it smoother (when you slide the pointer around the dock).

2. When magnification activates (when it zooms) for the first time you point the dock, the zoom shows a little slow.

I mean it's not as smooth as when you slide the pointer around the dock.

THANKS.

@Mattey: er... Could you please post with stuff outside quote? It's hard to quote you for a reply :P

1.It's not always 4 pixel, and seriously, it's smooth enough, so there's not a lot of reason.

2. This is a problem with the way Bobah wrote magnification in 2 steps (magnify and scroll), and the 2 steps don't like each other (magnify only works, scroll only works, but if you scroll while magnifying, it breaks). Fixing would probably take lots of work... Still :) I would like to see the magnification start animation smoothed out too

1.It's not always 4 pixel, and seriously, it's smooth enough, so there's not a lot of reason.

2. This is a problem with the way Bobah wrote magnification in 2 steps (magnify and scroll), and the 2 steps don't like each other (magnify only works, scroll only works, but if you scroll while magnifying, it breaks). Fixing would probably take lots of work... Still :) I would like to see the magnification start animation smoothed out too

Thanks. I was questioning myself which of my request was wrong...

I'm glad you support me with my second request...

And I hope BOBAH13 considers this second request!!!

@Mattey: er... Could you please post with stuff outside quote? It's hard to quote you for a reply :P

SORRY FOR THAT!!!wink.gif

@AndrewYY: I don't get your point... when you scroll you also have magnification occurring at the same time!

And yes, there's an 'anti-bouncing' factor of about 4 pixels for speeding things (this could be adjustable too; the faster the PC, the less it's needed...).

About how much work it would be, I guess only bobah can be assertive about it...

Here's a cool feature: When you click on an icon in a stack, it is replaced with a blank icon for the stack animation to read, and then the original icon fades out in place while the rest of the icons move back.

Edit: better yet, add something like "iconisclicked" as a 1 or 0 value for the animation developers to handle :) It's easier to do, externalizes the work, and gets rid of the blank icon workaround. win-win-win

It was done, because if I use every 1 one pixels, it takes much more CPU time ;) so of course I'll do it, but then not to say me, that it takes a lot of cpu....

Then, if it's possible, it would be great to set it on every 1 pixel JUST when "Use higher quality" is ON.

I mean if "Use higher quality" option is off, icons should magnify as it does in XWD 5.4.

This way all users would have the choice to get the SMOOTHEST magnification, or not (for those users who doesn't support it.)

All those users (like me ) who have powerful computers, would like the smoothest dock. But I still think about those who have less performance.

THAT'S WHY I REQUEST TO ACTIVATE SMOOTHEST MAGNIFICATION AS AN OPTION. NOT to set it as default.

Like I suggested (when "Use higher quality is on"), or as an independent option (like "Use smoother magnification").

how about an option to blur the background underneath the dock when the transparency is below 100%.

kind of how vista and win7 blur the taskbar.

I second this request. BUT if it's implemented, it might be OPTIONAL, not set as default.

What should it do? Can you explain it more?]

...instead of the languagebar in XP, so I can close it. It should have the same functionality, but it must be more fancy: icon-flags for the language indicator; maybe an animation when choosing the language; something to show the keyboard layout for that language (like ubuntu does).

...instead of the languagebar in XP, so I can close it. It should have the same functionality, but it must be more fancy: icon-flags for the language indicator; maybe an animation when choosing the language; something to show the keyboard layout for that language (like ubuntu does).

Ah, okay, I understand. I don't know many people who use the language-bar of XP and I don't use it by myself, so, I think your request is very special. But maybe someone else jump in and code it...

I don' know if there was a similar request but i could't find somithing like:

Drag *.txt, *.html, *.png ( the whole image stuff ) or *.mp3 in an application on the dock and run it

Example: Dragging an *.mp3-file from your desktop into Winamp or Songbird-icons on your dock and autostart the app with that song or file.

Should be quite useful

I don' know if there was a similar request but i could't find somithing like:

Drag *.txt, *.html, *.png ( the whole image stuff ) or *.mp3 in an application on the dock and run it

Example: Dragging an *.mp3-file from your desktop into Winamp or Songbird-icons on your dock and autostart the app with that song or file.

Should be quite useful

Sure, that's possible to do, but I don't understand the reason :) Isn't it way faster and easier to just double-click the file, to open it? Or don't you have your files associate with your programs?

If you tell me a good reason, I will code a Docklet with this ability for you, today :)

I have two requests about the minimize to dock option.

1. Work with Styler, when it minimizes it just makes a black space where the toolbar should be.

2. Ability to close from the dock. When you minimize it would be nice if you could right click and close it.

But it's no biggy's, I can live with it. :)

Or don't you have your files associate with your programs?

That's not the point.

Just as an example: I have a *.html file. Now i don't wanna open it by it's associatet program. I have to right-klick it, go the the 'open with'-Dialog and search one of 15 programs. For me it's way easier to drag it in the app on my dock.

I hope it's traceable