Tabs for running tasks - ObjectDock skin

Hey

I've been looking for apps that show my running tasks in tabs at any edge of the screen. Because I'm using Landvermesser's finderbar and didn't liked to look in the list for my tasks.

Nubs is a pretty cool app but it doesn't show up a tab immediately after I opened a window. And explorer doesn't work at all. So I played around with ObjectDock and found out that it can show every opened window, even explorer windows.

I decided to make a tabs skin for it and here's what I've got:

(you can see the tabs on the right edge of the screen)

tabsrq6.th.jpg

I simply made a tiles background and some icons with: "Safari", "Finder"...

How to install:

*extract the folder "leotabs_background" into: ...StardockObjectDockBackgrounds

*extract the folder "leotabs" into "My DocumentsStardockObjectDock LibraryImages

*start ObjectDock. Delete everything in the dock

*right-mouse click on the dock -> dock settings -> appearance -> Background: Leopard Tabs.

*make the icon size something like 90. If you like them to magnify make something like 110

*go to "general" -> miscellaneous options -> disable "show labels on zooming docks"

*then go to positioning -> edge of screen: right. mark "hide in background when not in use"

*if made the icons zoom go to effects -> width of zoom: 10 items

*now the most important: go to dock contents -> display open windows along with my icons

types of windows to show: all windows

*now you just have to set an icon for every window: for example safari, firefox, finder. Just rightclick on the icon -> dock entry properties -> change image -> objectdock library -> images -> leotabs and open an icon

*I've also included the .psd file to make new icons. It's also in the leotabs folder.

I hope you like this skin. If you know an app which can do what I tried to achieve here please don't hesitate to post it here :)

leopard_tabs_for_objectdock.zip