Bug Report Center For V5.6

Panta

Hmmmm.... Ok some other people have been mentionning this so it's probably a bug. Without going all Help thread here, can you get some screenshots of the error itself? Also, there was mention somewhere about installing in another directory in Vista... I can't find it just now and I don't use Vista like I said, but it's out there I know.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a crash using Nero Vision 4 on Vista: When selecting a video file, it crashes when it tries to generate the preview. (it works fine with XWindows Dock disabled)

Details:

Faulting application prevhost.exe (Preview Handler Surrogate Host), version 6.0.6001.18000, time stamp 0x47918e68, faulting module XWDkernel.dll, version 5.4.10.1, time stamp 0x2a425e19, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x000036cf, process id 0x3c8, application start time 0x01c9a0c15a3c231d.

I noticed this couple days ago,every time i minimize explorer window to dock taskbar is gone and i can't use right click on desktop and no matter how many other window i open the taskbar will not return until last explorer window is removed from the dock while dock is working alright,but when there is no explorer windows minimized to the dock i can't rearrange dock icons,can't see name labels... i am using Vista X86 no service packs installed. sorry for my Enlish

I found out this was because of ave desk : )

Edited by Nikola

Personally I'm having the problem that the folders I add to the XWindows Dock to use as a Stack, never updates.

I've moved files in and out of the folder, rearranged and renamed them, but XWindowsDock won't update the stack unless I remove it completely and then re-add the folder to the Dock :<

I've tried turning on/off Monitoring when right-clicking the stack but no difference, same with turning on/off Cache Items, same there.

Anyone got any info on this? Or are the Stacks not supposed to update automatically if the content of the folder changes?

@DaveLister = I've had the same issue, and after fiddling with it, what got it to work is I clicked the "Monitoring" option on the stack AND I checked a few boxes in the triggers (Preferences > Miscellaneous > Trigger events when monitoring). For some reason this worked, but lets say I didn't want the stack to jump on change or whatever, it wouldn't update. I agree this is probably not how it's intended to work though, so it's bonafide bug I believe.

@zmejce = I'm not 100% sure what you mean, but seems to me like you want to check the "Show dock on mouse over" option. Please try this/advise you have before posting a bug... However... I did notice that if you have space between the bottom of the screen and the dock, the trigger to bring it to the front won't work if you have a fullscreen window. And some people have reported this not to work at all. This is in the bug list already I believe.

Yeah, did notice it myself one day when I just clicked one of those checkboxes in the options :P

So problem solved there for now.

Not really sure how it acts on real Mac OS X, can't check at the moment either, don't have it installed on any of my computers so.

But I'm happy that it at least updates the contents now ^^

This is a little off topic, but might come in handy to someone I guess.

On Mac OS X, the stacks are a "natural" display of folders, meaning that once a stack icon is clicked, the dock automatically refreshes the content of the folder before displaying the items inside it. There is no real monitoring function, it 'sjust displayed 'as is' when it's faned out.

I wouldn't be able to tell you how the inner workings make it happen, but in effect that's what happens.

Not sure if this is a bug or what is causing it, but whenever I've just started XWindowsDock whenever I open preferences (or Edit a icon) the window opens partially/completely on my 2nd screen (which is my HDTV and it's also turned off when I'm not using it for watching movies or playing games etc).

The HDTV is also set as secondary screen (Windows Taskbar and Start-button is on my LCD-monitor).

Getting very annoying to have to turn on the HDTV just to be able to edit a icon after XWindowsDock has just started :<

I've noticed something with version 5.6 (not the latest latest version Bobah just released, I haven't tried that yet) but when I minimize to dock, every window of that program minimizes (having multiple firefox windows, they all minimize when I minimize one)

I'll check later with the latest version as well.

Edit: yup. Still happens

Edited by AndrewYY
Not sure if this is a bug or what is causing it, but whenever I've just started XWindowsDock whenever I open preferences (or Edit a icon) the window opens partially/completely on my 2nd screen (which is my HDTV and it's also turned off when I'm not using it for watching movies or playing games etc).

The HDTV is also set as secondary screen (Windows Taskbar and Start-button is on my LCD-monitor).

Getting very annoying to have to turn on the HDTV just to be able to edit a icon after XWindowsDock has just started :<

Yup, XWD doesn't really completely support dual screen. I've got the same issue, although I use the dock on my main screen so it's a little easier.

The only docks I've seen that really support dual display were ObjectDock and RocketDock (but it's buggy still).

• 2 weeks later...

The dock is great!. I found some bugs which can be recreated as follows:

1. add a stack to the dock.

2. add folder into the stack.

3. choose a folder in a network / a drive mounted a network folder.

4. <at this stage> we can see the folder in the stack. It's fine.

5. Quit the dock

6. Start the dock again

7. The network folder is disappeared in the stack.

I think the dock don't support UNC path. Is it true?

The dock is great!. I found some bugs which can be recreated as follows:

1. add a stack to the dock.

2. add folder into the stack.

3. choose a folder in a network / a drive mounted a network folder.

4. <at this stage> we can see the folder in the stack. It's fine.

5. Quit the dock

6. Start the dock again

7. The network folder is disappeared in the stack.

I think the dock don't support UNC path. Is it true?

I tried exactly what you said, and I didn't see any issues. Plus, I have ALL my junk on network drives and it's been working flawlessly since the beginning. Now the question is, do you mount your network drives or just use UNC?

3rd icon in the dock will change to resizer everytime i re-launch the dock, what's wrong?

and my IE crashed because of WMDkernel.dll

I honestly don't understand what you mean in your first sentence. As for the second part, sounds like a IE crash/issue, but does your dock crash as well?

sorry for the misunderstanding, the problem is solved ( by turning off my UAC )

anyway I face another problem, that is my run32.dll got crashed, any previous case like this before? out of sudden it got crashed and I dunno why.. The windows reported that it was xmdkrexel.dll which make it crashed.

• 3 weeks later...

A lot of errors :

1. When I startup PC, it says the dock meets confliction in ram.

2. There always pop up many windows saying "windows main process rundll32 stopped working"

3. internet explorer can not open when the xwindows dock is running. If I quit xwindows dock evey software works normally and never see such errors.

I love xwindows dock so much than other docks. Please fix these errors in the next version of xwindows dock!!!

Thank you~~Thank you~~Thank you~~Thank you~~Thank you~~

I saw the windows (vista) error report, it is problem of XWDkernel.dll when this dll try to use rundll32.exe

and another problem is if I select "Include windows reflection" and maximum any windows, then the dock is stuck when mouse moves over it , at the same time there popups many small windows saying"Access violation at address 004E257A in module' xwindowsdock.exe'. Read of address OC4EFFEO". While if I do not maximum any window the dock reflects windows perfectly. So I have to close this function even though I love it very much.

(I do not wanna turn off UAC, I think it has nothing with UAC.)

Do not double post - mps69

Edited by Panta
  • 2 weeks later...

The dock isn't magnifying when you pass your mouse on the VERY BOTTOM of the screen. Try that :

1. Put your mouse in the bottom-left corner

2. The go to the bottom-left corner making sure the mouse is on th very bottom of your screen

3. Ta-dam, the dock is magnifying only on the corners and when your mouse passes over the icons, it just shows the name of the applications, but doesn't magnify them! (proof that at least the mouse's position is detected)

Happens too when you go fastly from the center of the screen to the very bottom (passing over the dock).

So yeah, anoying bug...

I noticed with windows reflection, the reflection doesn't update when I move the window around with AppleMinMax. I close AMM, and now moving it around the reflection in the dock is perfect.

Some other things, like moving a scrollbar won't update in the dock until you move your mouse over the icons.

I know its quite useless posting this since development has stopped, but you never know?

I noticed with windows reflection, the reflection doesn't update when I move the window around with AppleMinMax. I close AMM, and now moving it around the reflection in the dock is perfect.

Some other things, like moving a scrollbar won't update in the dock until you move your mouse over the icons.

I know its quite useless posting this since development has stopped, but you never know?

anything that moves the window around externally won't be recognized by the dock. I guess that's what AppleMinMax does.