Bug Report Center For V5.6

Panta

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must say I'm incredibly impressed by this Boobah.

But As Now I have 2 bugs, and I'll update when I get more.

1. Whenever I minimize an explorer window into the dock, it removes all of my icons from the desktop and also doesn't allow me to right click on the desktop. I'm on Windows XP SP2. It's as if the whole explorer process is being minimized instead of just the window.

2. In the gallery when scrolling through pictures, they take quite a while to load. I have seen that this was already reported and I saw your explanation. I'll post a request in the request forum so as to not clog this one up.

Well guys..comin back with a bug/error...

So..I'm running a Windows 7...it's great ..installed XWD 5.6 of course..cannot live without it ;)

All good...since I coming back in Windows 7 session again..after some restarts.

And ...here it is the problem: no more magnify :( Trying to change icons size, check and uncheckin magnify option...change skin...nothing..

Just no workin eigher I reinstallin XWD...

What is the problem?

Stacks effect are working...Gallery too... but no "waving" icons....grrrr

This is an irritating bug! Needs to be squished! :)

When something with a variable path [e.g. something like "%SystemRoot%\system32\calc.exe"]

is dragged onto the dock...a blank space appears with the item's label [i.e. 'Calculator'] but no icon and it doesn't even launch the programn

And it is impossible to delete the space!

Am on Windows 7 x86 with XWD 5.6

ANd its NOT my OS's problem... XWD is a brilliant software and is fully compatible with Win7

I have a problem, its really weird... before in v 5.2.3 (or something like that) reflection was working... i hadnt updated in a while so i decided to check and wow! yay, 5.6..... i deleted the whole xwindowsdock directory but winhook.dll was left and was denied... i just install over... no luck on reflection or screen reservetion and i got that error message on first start... i deleted it again... winhook.dll dissapeared and i did two other installs with no results... same error, no screen reservation, no reflection -_-... another clean install... after running CCleaner got rid of the error... the screen reservation is working... window reflection too, but still no icon reflection... :o what now?

(edit) stack themes seems to be having a difficult time applying... (images) the folder themes only change if i change the stack icon and the stack labels dont change (they are supposed to change to black/white) (they are still siver/black) the grid theme doesn't change, I'm using the iLeapord theme... not sure if he included stack themes... although he did before... yes it is the 5.6 version

(edit) upun restart of my laptop, i got the appliction error... still no reflection...

Dell Latitude d410 Pentium M 1.73gigahertz processor Intel®graphics .99 Gigs of RAM

Windows XP 2000 Home Edition

P.S. A seperator should only appear if there are objects on both side of it... it's irritating...it should be addressed in the future

P.P.S. bug that has needed to be addressed for a while now... the reflection of windows stay on the dock after you close or minimize a window until you hover over the dock

P.P.P.S X Windows Dock has the same bug as object dock where when you reserve the edge of the screen, it screws up the wallpaper (resetting the reserved area is a temporary fix) (just like object dock)

Edited by capili

Great update. I noticed that it's significantly faster on my pc.

One thing is, if you're playing games, eg world of goo, and it starts in full screen dos mode, Xdock will gain focus when the mouse is over the dock, and the game window will disappear. Is it possible to have a focus exclusion option like minimize exclusion? . Thanks.

@vhanla: I've just found a bug at XTasks: unless you first clink at e.g. an empty spot inside its window, XTasks won't close even when clicking another icon; if you click its own icon again it will close and immediately reopen! I'm running Vista 32-bit.

Btw, thanks for these two excellent new docklets! :D

ps: you should remove the download link for XTasks from XWinamp's post... ;)

@vhanla: I've just found a bug at XTasks: unless you first clink at e.g. an empty spot inside its window, XTasks won't close even when clicking another icon; if you click its own icon again it will close and immediately reopen! I'm running Vista 32-bit.

I partially get the same bug; mine does close if I click another icon, as long as it's a link. If I click on another stack, it won't close and like Panta if I click it again it will close and reopen immediately. Really a minor thing though.

However also, I noticed that if the windows are minimised in my taskbar, XTask will show the window but replace the thumbnail by it's own icon. I'm unsure if this is a malfunction or by design though. I run XP sp2 32 bit.

And EXCELLENT docklet by the way!!

@dope2 = Well, this can be A LOT of things... please answer a few questions so we can help you a bit better:

- Has XWD ever worked?

- Do you have AveDesk or antispyware software running?

- Did you deactivate UAC for XWD?

- Do you ever get the BSOD without trying to run XWD?

Edited by technosinner

Support for Win7 is probably fairly minimal given the OS itself is in beta stage. However magnifying and label issues might be related to the Vista-like issues. Have a look at the Help thread, it's been discussed a bit there.

The way you say it though it sounds like the "show desktop" feature of Win7 steals the focus handle from XWD, which would explain why it doesn't recognize the mouse over, but does the click...? Makes sense?

I upgraded Winamp today to version 5.55 and opted to install some online services, I got this error:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: rundll32.exe
Application Version: 6.0.6000.16386
Application Timestamp: 4549b0e1
Fault Module Name: XWDkernel.dll
Fault Module Version: 5.4.10.1
Fault Module Timestamp: 2a425e19
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000036cf
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 1d97
Additional Information 2: 44aaafc89b1c2f020e61bd4e88e47920
Additional Information 3: f573
Additional Information 4: 05924abdc67863640666f24494c37fa1

I get this when selecting any of the Online Services (like Shoutcast Radio) in the Media Library of Winamp.

Hope this helps.

Edited by kees1869

Btw, thanks for these two excellent new docklets! :D

I partially get the same bug; mine does close if I click another icon, as long as it's a link. If I click on another stack, it won't close and like Panta if I click it again it will close and reopen immediately. Really a minor thing though.

However also, I noticed that if the windows are minimised in my taskbar, XTask will show the window but replace the thumbnail by it's own icon. I'm unsure if this is a malfunction or by design though. I run XP sp2 32 bit.

And EXCELLENT docklet by the way!!

Well, I'm learning to write docklets for this great application (XWD) and I'm glad you like them.

About XStacks docklet, now it closes if clicked when it's already opened but it won't close if you click on another docklet, stacks, grids or the gallery.

In version 0.1 I couldn't find a way to show minimized windows, so instead it showed the default.png file. But now it shows them.

However, I see there are some windows that cannot be "printwindow"-ed like Delphi IDE (which has many SDI windows) even though some of them response to printwindow the main doesn't.

I'm using the owner window and I filtered it so, in order to only show those listed in taskbar and avoid redundancy.

BTW: Now it can move according to the docklet position if you are using icons' zooming, or even dragging.

- I only tested on my WinXP SP3 -

I will add the download to the Docklet's thread i.e. update that entry.

@vhanla: now it closes when clicked again, but I've noticed some more problems:

1. Grid is always 'x' rows, 'x+1' columns, so the image seen below is generated. (this is probably a StackLib.dll problem, as Stack Docklet 2.0 suffers from the same issue).

2. Also note how grid arrow is not pointing to XTasks icon but to Thunderbird one; only when hovering over XTasks icon (and thus it gets zoomed) the arrow aligns with it. I had the icon at the extreme right of the dock and thought it was due to it; I moved it towards the center of the dock but it didn't make any difference (as can be seen at the screenshot).

XTasksBugs.png

@vhanla: now it closes when clicked again, but I've noticed some more problems:

1. Grid is always 'x' rows, 'x+1' columns, so the image seen below is generated. (this is probably a StackLib.dll problem, as Stack Docklet 2.0 suffers from the same issue).

2. Also note how grid arrow is not pointing to XTasks icon but to Thunderbird one; only when hovering over XTasks icon (and thus it gets zoomed) the arrow aligns with it. I had the icon at the extreme right of the dock and thought it was due to it; I moved it towards the center of the dock but it didn't make any difference (as can be seen at the screenshot).

@1: I just used the example given with Stacklib, so it has to be, so.

@2: hmmmm, I see... basically what I try to do is to get the coordinates with XDocklet.GetRect(index), so I can get Left and Right, find the center dividing by 2 and centering.

I just noticed now that XDocklet.GetRect function only returns the "Icon Size when Hovered" value (see preferences dialog of XWD) and never changes. I thought it returned the size relative to the icon size shown. I guess I will stick with an static value, because if Hover size is increased say for example to 256... :lol:h haa hha a ahhha ha....

________________________________________________________________________________

BTW:

I found some issues with Switching to windows while they are minimized O.o I'm using User32.dll's SwitchToWindow call. Does anybody else had that issue too?

Well I think I have identified a bug, if its already on the forum I'm sorry in advance :unsure:

In fact I installed XWD 1 week ago, and i have this problem, every day 1 icon disapear without reason, I was ten icons at the begining and now only 4 lol

amazing that dock he eat icons every day lol

And sometimes he remplace icons by separators, I think we should seriously reconsider this version..

Sorry for my english guys

Edited by Heatmaker

Bug: Help.chm file incorrect version details

Description: The Help.chm file for XWD 5.6(Help.chm) when opened states that the application version is 5.2.2. This is incorrect and should say 5.6 (assuming the help file does not maintain its own version)

Applicable Platforms: Vista SP1 and probably all others.

Bug: The dreaded Access Violation on startup

Description: Approx 5 seconds after starting XWD 5.6 I receive the dreaded Access Violation error. The XWD process remains running (and often repeats the error message) however, no visible UI can be seen (there is no visible dock).

Platform: System is Vista Home SP1, Intel GMA945 graphics, 3 Gig RAM, no other significant apps running.

XWD 5.2.1 works on my system but is INCREDIBLY slow... (The dock takes about 11 seconds to draw itself).

Reinstalled - same error. Reinstalled to another folder - same error. UAC turned off - same error.

I am hoping to move from RocketDock to XWD, but so far I've been unable to use it successfully.

Do not double post - use the edit function - thanks mps69

Double post TheBrilliantMistake, careful there ;)

The Help file does need to be updated. As for the process violation, check out the FAQ and the help topics; it was discussed quite a bit there and has to do with disabling UAC. Don't ask me much more, I don't use XWD on Vista ;)

Double post TheBrilliantMistake, careful there ;)

The Help file does need to be updated. As for the process violation, check out the FAQ and the help topics; it was discussed quite a bit there and has to do with disabling UAC. Don't ask me much more, I don't use XWD on Vista ;)

Apologies for the double post... must have been a browser misfire or something.

I checked the FAQ and followed all the procedures, the issue still exists regardless of UAC settings. Actually I've just rebuilt Vista and it still happens on a perfectly clean machine. Same issue in VMWare version of Vista also. Very odd.