The Switch Back To Ipb

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What you mean with this words?

We'll they seem to be driving users away from posting in the forums. They have groups now, and then photo album stuff. They're spending too much time on these features instead of improving the forum parts themselves. vB 4.0 was rumored to be a new rewrite, but after reading some of the devs posts past few months, it seems it'll just be another bump from 3.x.

I've had my eye on ipb3 since they first announced it. After seeing the way their new skinning/templating system works, I am impressed.

Don't worry the vB skin will still get updated. That is its primary platform at the moment.

Timan, will you be adding the RSS feed back into the forum? I personally find it it very useful for keeping up with certain threads.

I don't think its possible (per forum) anymore. But I do think its in the new ipb3, so if anything we'll have it in a month or two.

The design is getting better and better :)

Just one question is the option to stay logged in not available anymore?

And what is this:

Picture%201.png

Under you own nick when you are viewing posts?

Normally those are warnings admins can give when you disobey the rules for example...

btw, I like the design too now :) gj!

Warning system, for those naughty users. It was hidden by default, but users see their own now.

Just a heads up, there are still alot of things unskinned, members list, profile, some drop downs, misc areas. If you see any pages that are completely unusable please post them here and I'll add them to my list of things to do. Also users who are stuck using IE6, I know the forums look a bit ugly at the moment, I'll get to that once I'm finished with all the templates.

I have added the option to stay logged in.

Thanks for all the work and update your doing here buddy, it's starting to look like normal again.

I'll mention a couple of unskinned menus that are causing few a problems.

The "options" font, within the thread is white, making it unreadable, and within each section labelled "forum options" is white too.

The edit post font is also a bit unreadable.

That's all I've came across so far. ;)

First: Thanks's a lot for the fast progress in the AS4 Skin :)

Two questions / problems I've got with the new software:

1.) If I'm not logged in, and browse to any Subforum, Topic or Post, then I decide to log in, but after I entered my Password & Username in the fields at the top, I'm back at the Forum-Index again. With the old software, I stayed at the very same Subforum, Topic or Post, just logged in now. That was much more convenient. Is this possible in Ipb, too?

2.) Is there an option to hide my online/offline status? I had one with the last software, but can't find it in Ipb.

First: Thanks's a lot for the fast progress in the AS4 Skin :)

Two questions / problems I've got with the new software:

1.) If I'm not logged in, and browse to any Subforum, Topic or Post, then I decide to log in, but after I entered my Password & Username in the fields at the top, I'm back at the Forum-Index again. With the old software, I stayed at the very same Subforum, Topic or Post, just logged in now. That was much more convenient. Is this possible in Ipb, too?

2.) Is there an option to hide my online/offline status? I had one with the last software, but can't find it in Ipb.

As for number 1, for some reason the login form was not meant to be on pages other than the forum index. So the form I do have in the header, will always redirect you there. Only thing you can try doing is get to where you want to, and login when an error pops up saying you have no permissions. That should redirect you to the correct page.

For number 2, you must use the login page here. http://www.aqua-soft.org/forum/index.php?a...gin&CODE=00

As for number 1, for some reason the login form was not meant to be on pages other than the forum index. So the form I do have in the header, will always redirect you there. Only thing you can try doing is get to where you want to, and login when an error pops up saying you have no permissions. That should redirect you to the correct page.

For number 2, you must use the login page here. http://www.aqua-soft.org/forum/index.php?a...gin&CODE=00

Log in through the login page (Log In Icon at the header, instead using the Log-in fields in the Header directly) solves both problems :)

I can choose my Visible-Status and I'm being redirected to the last page I was on before log in :)

Thanks you very much, Tilman!

Edited by atreiu