Stacks Docklet 2.0

It is normal for the cpu to scale to 100% on startup (50% in 2-core processors, 25% in quad-core, etc...).

However in your case, as many others, SD2 crashes while extracting icon.

Please try this version: (I need to know exact point of crash)

http://www.matiasmoreno.com.ar/StackDocklet.dll (overwrite old dll)

It is random, sometimes it starts correctly and other times it hangs without display at application startup, and other times he crash with repport.

repports : http://dl.free.fr/tSua20mVX

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@knowsbest,

I am using ObjectDock Plus 1.90 (Build 537u)

@Smaky: What type of dock do you use?

@matonga,

I have tried all of your debug versions since friday but, under Windows Vista 32 bits, it crashes OD+ and leaves no log file, I've just tried the to run OD+ as Administrator but it still crashes and leaves no log file. Oddly, under Windows 7 64 bits it is working just fine (no crash).

Edited by Smaky

Whats up, to be honest, I just joined because after trying to get this thing to work, I couldn't. I beat it is something I am missing, so can anyone help me out?

I am using Windows 7 32 bit, and ObjectDock 1.9.

I followed the instructions verbatim, but not sure if I was actually supposed to install it anywhere, because I actually had to create the rocketdock folder in my program files.

anyways, after doing everything I thought i was supposed to, I go to object dock and right click, and got to add, and there is nothing about rocketdock in there. Also when I go to dock settings and then to docklets, there is nothing in there that has to do with rocketdock either.

Ok, well, let me tell you exactly how its set up just to make sure. When I go to program files and go to the RocketDock folder I made, there is a file and folder in it, Docklets (folder), and a file called StackLib.dll. In the doclets folder there is a folder called StackDocklet2.0 and in that folder is a file called StackDocklet.dll

And then in program files/Stardock/ObjectDock/Docklets there is a folder with the name of StackDocklet2.0. In that folder are 3 files, Open.png, Stack.png, and StackDocklet.dll

help!!! why is it not working??!!

and yes, I reset the objectdock.

EDIT: haha, im an idiot. I figured it out. I am completly new to this whole community and had no idea that rocketdock was a whole other program like objectdock, lol, i thought it was part of the stacks program.

One more question, when I set it to fan out (they are also the same size within the grid), the icons are huge and it only is able to fan out into 3 or 4 icons before the icon pops up that says to click to see the rest. how do I change the sizes of the icons so I can get at least 10-15 to fan out on my screen?

I figured out that it is because of the setting that I have enabled that enlarges the icons when the mouse is over them, but is there anyway to set it so I can keep this setting and also have small icons in the fan out display?

Edited by mps69
I figured out that it is because of the setting that I have enabled that enlarges the icons when the mouse is over them, but is there anyway to set it so I can keep this setting and also have small icons in the fan out display?

WHAT setting? the Stacks Docklet doesn't have such a setting... you mean in ObjectDock? And icons in the fan display are as big as in the grid display anyway, also under Rocketdock. I'm running the latest "debug" docklet with reflection effect (which is really nice if you have your dock horizontal and have all icons with reflection like you can do with iReflector).

Matonga, it seems that the latest DLL (the one you posted with a direct link, not the latest .rar) is unable to read this FileZilla icon here http://rocketdock.com/addon/icons/1633 which was perfectly read and rendered by the March 17 version and the previous "debug log" version, a generic (and low-res) exe icon is shown instead.

@robc:

I don't really understand... I've downloaded it and it's not an .ico, but a .png file. AFAIK you can't use the .png file as icon for shortcuts/etc... so I'm really intrigued on how did you manage to use the .png file (unless you converted it into .ico file, in such case I need you to post the converted one to test; I can convert it myself but this defeats the whole bug testing because I know how to make icon files readable by Stacks).

yea, I am using objectdock, sorry, I stated that in the first post, should have stated it in the second as well. But yea, kind of like the mac doc when you scroll over the icons they get bigger, well thats the setting that I have enabled on objectdock and like it a whole lot, but when the stacks, since I click to open the fan out, the icon is huge, which in turn makes all the fan out icons the same size, so I can only get about 4 icons to fan out before it reaches the end of the screen because they are so large.

Lots of people were requesting this so, here it goes:

New in version 2009-04-02:

- Can turn reflective on/off (for those emulating reflective docks).

- Can set icon size for stack items.

This is a non-bug-hunting release, so it has no log.

Sweet!!! Millions thanks bro...

Lots of people were requesting this so, here it goes:

New in version 2009-04-02:

- Can turn reflective on/off (for those emulating reflective docks).

- Can set icon size for stack items.

This is a non-bug-hunting release, so it has no log.

BIG thanks! It's beautiful! :)

But one of my icons is not showing.

In 1.x version it's showing well

7Tlxlq2wV5.png

A new release?

With Advanced tab implemented?

On the same day as my b-day?

Oooohhh you shouldn't have...!!

LOL now that's what I call a gift ;)

Thanks Matonga, impecable release.

FYI: When applying reflection, I don't need to restart the dock, relfection applies automatically right after I click on "OK" button. (WinXP SP3, OD Plus 1.9)

@robc:

I don't really understand... I've downloaded it and it's not an .ico, but a .png file. AFAIK you can't use the .png file as icon for shortcuts/etc... so I'm really intrigued on how did you manage to use the .png file (unless you converted it into .ico file, in such case I need you to post the converted one to test; I can convert it myself but this defeats the whole bug testing because I know how to make icon files readable by Stacks).

Of course you're right, I completely forgot I made an .ico from it with IconEdit... when I think about the docklet etc. I always go into "rocketdock-mode" :P and think about icons as PNGs. Anyway it's not a problem anymore since the last release (4-2) correctly displays it, it seems it was something in the "full debug log" release only.

The last version works fine with Vista Ultimate SP1 x86 and Rocketdock. In the meantime I got "converted" to the reflection effect :D