Stacks Docklet 2.0

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The programs working great but it has two issues in Rocketdock. The first is it has trouble saving to the docklets\settings.ini file. It gives an error and says the fil cannot be found but in the error message it lists the directory as ".\docklets\settings.ini". The second issue is that after adding a new docklet and editing it to the folder you want you lose the ability to add another new docklet. Under the "add item" menu option there is only Item "file, blank, path, separator, etc." However if you try to add a new stacks before editing the last one it works fine.

I tried the 2009-04-02 version and after I disconnected from the network and restarted the PC it crashed on me. I reverted back to the log track version and it also crashed. I found that it stopped when attempting to load the first stack from the settings.ini file.

I am thinking it is probably network related. There is one stack that comprises of purely networked shortcuts in it.

You know how if you put a network shortcut icon on the desktop, then right-click it when that resource is not available, Windows would appear to hang for a while before showing the context menu?

Could it be that when stackdock tried to read the icon, it also tried to access the networked resource which was no longer there?

First of all thanks for sharing SD with us. It's been very useful for me. Now to the problem, version 2009-04-02 doesn't detect changes in the selected folder. If I add/delete a file, the stack is not updated accordingly and the old view remains. This was tested on OD Plus 1.90.535u under Vista 32-bit. I didn't have this problem with version any build of v1.0.

Many thanks for your work, Matonga. I've tested the stack with:

ObjectDock 1.90 builkd 536 - works smoothly;

Rocket Dock 1.3.5 - uses approx. 5 times more RAM than OD and RKL (but as far as I remember, the same was without the stack also);

RK Launcher 0.41 beta build 282 - works smoothly, problems with multiple stacks (described already somewhere here, solved by creating several StackDocklet.dll's)

In RD and RKL icon reflections look not very good, but this is the problem of docks, not the stack, I think.

Thanks again!

Is there a way to make icon behavior after clicking just like it was before? i.e., icon doesn't change after it is clicked. Right now, whenever I click on a Stack Docklet folder, the icon turns into Stack.png.

I don't like "Use icon as box overlay" because it shows more folders underneath when it's not clicked, but I like that it turns into only the specified icon when it is clicked.

I don't like "Use icon as stack icon" because it turns into Stack.png when I click on it, but I like that it shows only the specified icon when it's not clicked.

Btw, I'm using this with RocketDock 1.3.5.

Edit: I notice that only My Computer Stack Docklet works the way I want. It is set as "Use icon as box overlay" but it only shows the My Computer icon that I specify, even when it is not clicked. When it is clicked, it still shows only the My Computer icon and does not change to Stack.png.

Edited by Tim

I'm using Windows Vista with Rocketdock 1.3.5 and with the last version, rocketdock crashes everytime...

To be able to use the dock I must delete the folder with stackdocklet 2.0, that's the only way I can open rocketdock with no problems... Other way is to delete the settings.ini, but if I do that I loose all my configuration of the docklets...

I'm using Windows Vista with Rocketdock 1.3.5 and with the last version, rocketdock crashes everytime...

To be able to use the dock I must delete the folder with stackdocklet 2.0, that's the only way I can open rocketdock with no problems... Other way is to delete the settings.ini, but if I do that I loose all my configuration of the docklets...

I regularly backup the settings.ini file just in case I accidentally click "yes" to RocketDock's "Use default icon?" question. Did yours work for a while before it started to crash?

For testing purpose I am using both v1.0 and v2.0 now, v1.0 for the stack that contains networked folders, and v2.0 for everything else.

I regularly backup the settings.ini file just in case I accidentally click "yes" to RocketDock's "Use default icon?" question. Did yours work for a while before it started to crash?

For testing purpose I am using both v1.0 and v2.0 now, v1.0 for the stack that contains networked folders, and v2.0 for everything else.

My Rocketdock don't work at all after I use Stackdoclet 2.0... I'm using 4 Stackdocklets for my harddrives, and whenever I try to use one of v2.0, I close rocketdock (to put the docklet in the respective folder) then open rocketdock, I seleckt the "add docklet" option for stackdocklet 2.0 and then it crash...

It works under Vista 32bit. It says that it can't find the settings.ini but it saves it.

One thing: I use RocketDock on top of the screen. The grid works well displaying itself under the bar but the fan open always on top of the bar disappearing from the screen.

Bye

@Matonga: sometimes - not often but it has happened a few times recently, I'd say after you made those 'debug log' versions - Rocketdock crashes upon starting. When I restart it I get the usual 'rocketdock didn't start normally...' etc. and the dialog asking if I want to restore the default icons, to which I answer 'no', then it crashes again and everything repeats a couple times, after which Rocketdock starts perfectly with all docklets, icons etc. as if nothing happened.

I have a feeling that this happens after I change some icon, either in the dock or in one of the folders the stacks docklet point to (I have 4 stacks docklets in my dock) but I cannot be sure since the crash comes as a surprise, for sure it didn't crash at some times I changed icons. It never crashes during use, only a very few times and only at startup. It didn't behave like this with SD 1.0 and, I'm quite sure, with the first releases of SD 2.0.

My Rocketdock don't work at all after I use Stackdoclet 2.0... I'm using 4 Stackdocklets for my harddrives, and whenever I try to use one of v2.0, I close rocketdock (to put the docklet in the respective folder) then open rocketdock, I seleckt the "add docklet" option for stackdocklet 2.0 and then it crash...

I could never get stack 1.0 to work with 2.0. I had to delete the .ini file and start from scratch. Never had a problem with 2.0 after that.

The strange thing - on my home PC on Vista x86 sp1 and ObjectDock 1.9, version 2.0 works without problems and startup everytime, but at work, at the same Vista x86 sp1 and ObjectDock 1.9, SD2.0 gives an error at startup and ObjectDock runs from 5-7 attempts... :huh:

hi matonga..could u fix the icon for folder// see d attach

left side stackdocklet 1.0

right side stackdoclet 2.0

they have both different view for folder

coz my folder frm shell 32 which is i add frame for thumbnail impossible to view a folder only like stackdocklet 1.0

stackdocklet 2.0 works perfect for me..

il wait for ur feedback

tnx!

post-87488-1239177170_thumb.png

@cns0813h:

Alternative 1:

If you're using Windows XP, try this:

Extract icon from shell32 and edit it with IcoFX, add 256x256 32 bit color Vista icon with folder (just resize folder with bilinear interpolation or whatever). This way SD2 will use highest icon available (256x256 one) but XP can't recognize such icon so it'll use the other one.

Alternative 2:

Run registry editor, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Icons.

Add new alphanumeric/string (REG_SZ) value, with name 3 and value C:\Path\To\Folder\Icon\VersionWithoutThumbnailFrame.ico (you know, I mean put the path to icon there :), I tell this just in case someone else try to follow these instructions haha).

here is a tip for vista users : move your rocketdock folder to your Desktop, or in your my documents folder. SD will not crash anymore.

Dash, it's enough to install rocketdock in a folder that is not under UAC, like Program Files is... some time ago I suggested (in the stacks 1.0 thread) to create a Tools folder in C:\ and install there.

Folders don't update when contents are changed. My Computer doesn't refresh, showing any new removable drives after plugging them in, and folders don't show new files after they've been put in. It seems as though they only update when RocketDock opens, and never again.

Yes, it has been noted several times in this thread. I guess it will be fixed in future releases, the current still is pre-beta.

Not to cut in or anything but I doubt it will be fixed. It would take up a lot of background CPU and memory for the thing to constantly be pinging its folder and checking it for changes. If you want your stack to update just re choose the folder of the stack or reboot, its not really that hard.

That's true, but maybe if there were a refresh option in the stack...