Stacks Docklet 2.0

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I missing something or why the lack of progress updates? :P I haven't seen Matonga reply in a while.

He will reply and update when he's good and ready, he does have private life.

This is a free application please be grateful he's even released all.

Am I missing something or why the lack of progress updates? :P I haven't seen Matonga reply in a while.

He said a while back he was rewriting the application in another language, and that it might be a couple months before he has any updates. We'll just have to wait and see.

Edited by Mancho

I have been doing a lot of tests with different versions of RocketDock/ObjectDock/Stack Docklet. On my Vista machine (SP2), the most feature reach and stable combination is the free version of ObjectDock v1.5 (yes, the old one) + Stack Docklet v1.0.0.98. Just be sure to remove the weather docklet as it is generating lots of problems. You may substitute it with the old xml weather docklet if you need it.

• 3 weeks later...

Using Stacks Docklet 2.0 with the latest build of ObjectDock Plus under Vista Home Premium SP2, and it works flawlessly most of the time (huge props to matonga :D ) though I've been having the odd crash when the dock launches. Strangely it doesn't crash every time; maybe the icon extraction thing? Anyway, I changed to XP SP2 compatibility mode to see if it works any better and so far it hasn't crashed. . . though a couple of OD's Vista specific features don't show up anymore. Conveniently, I wasn't actually using them. . .

I'll update this post later if I can reproduce the crash in compatibility mode, but otherwise looking forward to the next build. ^^

[Edit] Never mind, it happened again. Guess I'll switch back and just baby it until there's an update or my Win7 pre-order gets here in October.

Edited by Xarathos
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello :)

I tried to install SD2 on my Vista SP2 machine, the problem is that everytime that i try to add a stack docklet on rocketdock, the application crashes, and it keeps crashing everytime that i restart it.

I either tried to run rocketdock as admin.

Is there a fix for that?

Thanks in advance :D

when i use my stack to program files it stil shows deleted folders, i tried defragmenting also but they still showup

As it is right now, the stack won't auto-refresh. You have to stop and restart your dock. We'll see if that issue has been resolved if/when the new stack is released.

As it is right now, the stack won't auto-refresh. You have to stop and restart your dock. We'll see if that issue has been resolved if/when the new stack is released.

even when i restart my computer it still shows deleted folders, ive tried making a new stack but doesnt work is there some history file i can delete or something

edit: ok i found the problem, explorer shows there nothing there but when i browse for example with objectdock in that menu i can see the file/folder even though its been deleted but it has a lock on the lower left corner, any1 know what that means

Edited by genesis786
even when i restart my computer it still shows deleted folders, ive tried making a new stack but doesnt work is there some history file i can delete or something

edit: ok i found the problem, explorer shows there nothing there but when i browse for example with objectdock in that menu i can see the file/folder even though its been deleted but it has a lock on the lower left corner, any1 know what that means

Under your explorer, go to the tools menu and click folder options, click the view tab and select show hidden files and folders.

Do you see the folders now under explorer?

• 2 weeks later...