Stacks Docklet 2.0

Since it looks like Matonga won't be coming back anytime soon, is anyone talented enough to modify Stacks Docklet 2.0 such that folder contents are reloaded every time a folder is viewed? Right now, any changes made to any Stacks folder contents will not be updated until the next time RocketDock is loaded.

I know, StandaloneStack 2 already does this, but I have tried Standalone Stack 2 and just don't like the way the stacks behave as much as Matonga's.

StandaloneStack 2 and Stacks Docklet 2 are based off of the same stackslib.dll. Therefore they behave the same. List your problem in terms of behavior for Standalone Stack 2 in the Standalone Stack 2 thread and I will assist you in fixing this issue.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

EDIT: Finally, icons appears good after boot my system!

Hello again!

I can`t see the icons using Stack Docklet (1 and 2). Don't found in grid mode or fan mode. Sometimes program show fine icons, and sometimes don`t see icons (like my screenshot below)

What's the problem? How I can fix this problem? Is very important to me, for use rocketdock

I need help, please. This is my screenshot:

englisha.jpg

Thanks very much!

EDIT: Problem fixed, thanks!

Edited by Chriza

Wow, I'm surprised that Matonga still continued with this project! I haven't updated my stacks docklet for a few years or so, looks like the time is ripe to try the newest version.

EDIT : Whoah! The 2.0 version is absolutely amazing! I'm definitely digging this.

On another note, after browsing the last couple pages of posts, I still see that people are being rather ungrateful towards Matonga and his [free!] work going into developing this wonderful plugin. Quite unfortunate really.

Edited by NetOperator Wibby
  • 3 weeks later...

Found a bug with stacks docklet 2.0

You mentioned certain icons might look bad... well I seem to have found one that crashes RocketDock!

I've enclosed it, used resource hacker to extract it from the disk analysis tool in Glary Utils. Unless I change the icon on the lnk file pointing to this app, trying to set up a stacks docklet to a folder which includes the shortcut crashes Rocketdock.

I love the app by the way, not complaining just trying to help out anyone with the same problem!

blue_folder.ico

Hi.

I have read just about most of this thread but cant find an answer to my question

I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit.Love it.

I have installed Standalone Stack 2.0.7.0 and it works fine and i really like it.

Now to mt question,i would like to change the folders and file icons (png)to my liking.

So how do i do this so the when i open my stack i don't just get the blue MAC folder.

But i would like to still keep that color folder as well.

Can anyone help me with this?

Cheers and Have a good day :-)

Hi.

I have read just about most of this thread but cant find an answer to my question

I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit.Love it.

I have installed Standalone Stack 2.0.7.0 and it works fine and i really like it.

Now to mt question,i would like to change the folders and file icons (png)to my liking.

So how do i do this so the when i open my stack i don't just get the blue MAC folder.

But i would like to still keep that color folder as well.

Can anyone help me with this?

Cheers and Have a good day :-)

hit the Custom Icons checkbox

then go to StandaloneStack directory/Images and change the folder icon to whatever you want. It has to be in png and have the same name as the current folder icon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi,

first of all thanks for your software, it is great!

unfortunately I can't use it under windows seven, and for my porposes I prefer to use stack docklet 1.0 than 2.0,

it's because when I give the path to the stack docklet 1.0 I can write it my self, and I run my RocketDock from my USB.

So when I write the path (in stack-docklet 1.0) I Put "/Documents" but in stack docklet 2.0 there is no way to write it my self, please help me...or please could you tell me how can I write the path myself in stack-doclet 2.0?

Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...

I tried both, the install version and .rar version but as soon as I run rocketdock it just crashes, it won't even run, I just get that I need to close the program, I gave admin permission and did all as instructed but rocket dock just crashed, any advice?

using Win7 x86

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having difficulties running Stacks Docklet 2.0 running in WinPE. Rocket dock runs fine but when i right click on rocketdock i get the following error:

"The Program can't start because StackLib.dll is missing from your computer. Try Reinstalling the program to fix the problem."

Does anyone know how to fix this issue. I verified the dll in the the rocketdock\Docklets\StackDocklet 2.0 error

Thanks

I'm having difficulties running Stacks Docklet 2.0 running in WinPE. Rocket dock runs fine but when i right click on rocketdock i get the following error:

"The Program can't start because StackLib.dll is missing from your computer. Try Reinstalling the program to fix the problem."

Does anyone know how to fix this issue. I verified the dll in the the rocketdock\Docklets\StackDocklet 2.0 error

Thanks

I had the same problem as you, but fix the issue. The procedures to install it is similar to the instruction for rocket dock, which was provide in the text file. The problem was, we had to move the StackLib.dll to the root directory of object dock. I was afraid I couldn't get the StackDocklet2.0 after reformatting because the link was broken ^^; Thanks for providing the file.

---

Place the StackLib.dll and StackDocklet.dll files according to the following floating dock applications:

RocketDock

C:\Program Files\RocketDock\StackLib.dll

C:\Program Files\RocketDock\Docklets\StackDocklet2.0\StackDocklet.dll

ObjectDock

C:\Program Files\Stardock\ObjectDock\StackLib.dll

C:\Program Files\Stardock\ObjectDock\Docklets\StackDocklet2.0\StackDocklet.dll

Your installation directory may vary from the example given.

---

If there was ever a version 3.0, the only improvement I can see is to display the directly of what folder it is for, and what icon image we are using in the stackdocklet properties. ^^ Would be nice if it automatically goes the parents directory of the previous stackdocklet location.

Edited by luong02
  • 4 weeks later...