Safari 4 Is Out

@ mvosx1094:

I don't think so because other people have the same problem with Bookmarks. But it could have something to do with my German Vista. I remember the Public Beta of Safari 3: It had so many problems on Non-English PC's, so maybe this is causing the problem...

Nevertheless, it's still a Beta, so I think they will fix it soon.

Regarding stability: I haven't had a crash so far, which is very cool because even Safari 3.2.2 Final crashes more than Safari 4 Beta :D.

Regarding stability: I haven't had a crash so far, which is very cool because even Safari 3.2.2 Final crashes more than Safari 4 Beta :D.

Yeah, I can agree with that :P

And although Safari uses 4x more RAM (200MB average here), it runs smooth and starts up faster than Firefox.

So.. I'm happy with it. I hope they'll fix the bookmark problem for x64-users, like you DZGH_Operator ;)

I installed it, tested it and I must say, afar from the GUI, it's great. However, it's not properly skinned if you use WindowBlinds. The images are messed up and everything, however it looks OK if you use a visual style.
then you use a differed visual style then I do I guess, on my pc .msstyle also does not work completely
  • 2 weeks later...

Argh!

I downloaded and installed it as soon as I saw this thread.

I haven't used it yet BECAUSE I can't use it.

This is what it looks like with GDI++ running. I can't read a thing.

post-67093-1236672964_thumb.png

And it takes forever to start up, devouring half of my ram, hard drive spinning like a boy when he gets his new bike.

* I would appreciate if anybody can provide me with information about where to download the previous version of Safari for Windows installer I need my old Safari back *sniff*

* I'm typing this with Firefox

I'm back with Safari 3 but I got the fonts back by changing going Preferences -> Appearence and then changed a setting there, it think it was under font smoothing. Just test out one of those. Changing the font doesnt clear up the problem, but I think I changed something under font smoothing that worked. ;) Play around with the settings.

EDIT: Safari 3 download http://support.apple.com/downloads/#internet

Edited by yorkey

Hundred thanks to yorkey for the download link.

I stepped back to Safari 3. I think I'm still not ready for the change.

I'm so relieved all my bookmarks survived the uninstallation.

* Though it sucks at displaying Thai, I'm typing this with my lovely Safari 3.2.2.

• 2 weeks later...

ok i'm having a problem with it. i'm running vista home premium sp1 32 bit (x86) and when i try to log into gmail or log into any site for that matter, it just gets stuck loading and won't finish. so i can't access gmail, and i can't log into deviantart, or anything like that and it's such a bummer. also, were there supposed to be application like google chrome in safari??? i thought i read about that somewhere. that would be sweet.

edit: oh and it doesn't do msstyles very well in vista. i'm using a clear leopard theme my zeusosx and it doesn't work at all in safari.

Edited by cjborodin
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah. I tried this browser out, now its my default.

Don't really want to change anything about it, i don't really need addons but would be nice, and the theme is gorgeous anyways. : D

EDIT

Wait a sec... I think I am missing a feature...

Safariwhat.png

All the tabs are at the top and there is like a ledge with an add tab(?) button after the tabs.

I don't have this on my Safari, could someone tell me what this is? (i'm definitely a noob, lol)

Edited by Tsutaebanashi
EDIT

Wait a sec... I think I am missing a feature...

Safariwhat.png

All the tabs are at the top and there is like a ledge with an add tab(?) button after the tabs.

I don't have this on my Safari, could someone tell me what this is? (i'm definitely a noob, lol)

Lol thanks for taking a piece of my screenshot :D

That tab bar on top was in the Safari 4 beta, but has been removed in the real release. Apple said it's still the same system (if one tab crashes, you can still open the others), but it's back "like before" and doesn't longer look like Google Chrome anymore.

Greetings

xfifteen

Lol thanks for taking a piece of my screenshot :D

That tab bar on top was in the Safari 4 beta, but has been removed in the real release. Apple said it's still the same system (if one tab crashes, you can still open the others), but it's back "like before" and doesn't longer look like Google Chrome anymore.

Greetings

xfifteen

Thanks for the Reply, and sorry about taking a part of your screenshot without asking... :unsure:

I see... Im actually kind of glad they didn't make it like that because when I installed and tried out the Google Chrome and went to transform the style of my Vista to Leopard... installing Leftsider was a bad idea for Google Chrome, it screwed up the tabs and shoved them all to the left. I could barely even select the tabs... So, Happiness :D